Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Darn!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I've only owned 2 floor pumps in 30 years of cycling. First one was a Schwinn that I bought and ended up having to replace the leather plunger at least 1 time. Finally the gauge got messed up and needle was not accurate. Then I purchased a Joe Blow. First year of owning it the head broke, but they sent me a newer and improved presta/shrader head that is still working pretty good. Occasionally the presta (which is all I ever use mostly) needs to be fiddled with or air doesn't go into the tube. Maybe worth checking the rubber under the head to see if it needs replaced.

Whatever you get, make sure it has the smart valve/chuck/head. My Serfas FP-200 is going on 12 years, it just started to squeak a little in the last year or so. If it fails, I'm getting another one.

Park Tool PFP-8. 35USD, I've had mine (older version) for 13 years, not 1 problem. I ride all year, all my tubes leech, use this pump multiple times a week. thought, 'it's economical, will haveta replace it' .. Not so. Great value.

https://www.excelcycle.com/products/...p?taxon_id=995

Thanks guys. I'll take a picture of the damage when I get home. Hose and head are fine. Its the cap where the plunger enters the pump body. Still makes a seal, just come apart in my hands every time I use it.

The one you could have bought a week and a half ago.

I would get a pump that only has 1 head that's self adjusting. The pump like xxx-er posted has seperate presta/Schrader fittings and is triggered by a bit of air pressure coming back into the pump. so if you are trying to pump a tire with super low pressure or a new tube, it does shit all... and is a royal pain in the ass.

Don't get the cheapest pump... but I'd also say the most expensive is unnecessary too.

So this seems like a good idea to be able to get the bead to seat on a tubeless setup while out camping somewhere: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/eq...r-pump/p/11881

But would this work better and be much cheaper?:https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Haus...n%3A4707238011

What's the tops for the new-fangled high-volume pumps? Are the air reservoir pumps a gimmick or legit?

Stumbled across this while searching for other stuff at Jenson -- $5.99 for a Blackburn Airtower:
    http://www.jensonusa.com/Blackburn-A...SABEgIquPD_BwE

Blackburn = lifetime warranty too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    I would get a pump that only has 1 head that's self adjusting. The pump like xxx-er posted has seperate presta/Schrader fittings and is triggered by a bit of air pressure coming back into the pump. so if you are trying to pump a tire with super low pressure or a new tube, it does shit all... and is a royal pain in the ass.

Don't get the cheapest pump... but I'd also say the most expensive is unnecessary too.
    Yeah sometimes the beto does some funny shit, so i just rotate the wheel a bit or jiggle the head but it's never failed to inflate a tire and it's so cheap
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What's the tops for the new-fangled high-volume pumps? Are the air reservoir pumps a gimmick or legit?
    Totally legit. I got a Topeak Joeblow Booster and it's awesome. I've setup several tubeless tires with it, no problem.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Sweet! I ordered a JoeBlow Booster on Monday.

Best floor pump for the $$?

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Totally legit. I got a Topeak Joeblow Booster and it's awesome. I've setup several tubeless tires with it, no problem.
    I've had complete opposite experience. Tried seating a couple tires and feel like the air rush doesn't cause enough force. I've had to resort to co2 cartridges for the extra push. That's been with Maxxis tires. Ymmv.

With that said, I still really like the pump for normal functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Wow, that's a hell of a deal and good reviews. If I hadn't gotten the JoeBlow for 50% off I'd be considering cancelling the order. Crazy that the max air pressure in the reservoir is 260 psi.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Foundation-...ike-Floor-Pump

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    I've had complete opposite experience. Tried seating a couple tires and feel like the air rush doesn't cause enough force. I've had to resort to co2 cartridges for the extra push. That's been with Maxxis tires. Ymmv.

With that said, I still really like the pump for normal functions.
    Hmmm, well, guess I'll find out. Has that been with valve cores removed? I usually pull the cores to get the bead set anyway.

anyone have experience with the schwalbe tire booster? i had the homemade soda bottle version in use for a while but it got too sketchy... thinking this might be the call
    bumps are for poor people

Even on sale, those booster pumps are pricey. With a little patience, I was able to find an off-brand compressor for ~$60. Not ideal for travel, but that need is super rare, and that's where C02 comes into play.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

In ~30 years I've only had two "regular" floor pumps:

Silca Classic (?) - 25+ years
    SKS Rennkompressor - 1 year

The SKS is built *solidly* which is appreciated... hopefully I get as much use out of it as the Silca.

I never had a tubeless tire I couldn't seat, what I do is take some 3/8ths rope, make a loop big enough to go around the outside of the tire and tie a knot, use some kind of stiick or a screwdriver to put inside the loop and twist so the rope tightens down on the tire casing which spreads the tire beads against the rim

now inflate your tire

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I never had a tubeless tire I couldn't seat, what I do is take some 3/8ths rope, make a loop big enough to go around the outside of the tire and tie a knot, use some kind of stiick or a screwdriver to put inside the loop and twist so the rope tightens down on the tire casing which spreads the tire beads against the rim

now inflate your tire
    holy shit. this is life changing
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

now inflate your tire
    You can also use a NRS cam strap for the same effect.

I have tried a cam straps but I couldn't get it as tight as a piece of rope I was winding tight with a screw driver

We are not trying to change yer life westoxofyed

Just yer tire

Who still has schrader tubes? Why by a pump with a dual head if you dont need the extra parts to break.
    My town bike with schrader rims is converted by using these:

Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  11.5 KB

They screw onto the presta valve and fill the gap for the bigger schrader hole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	235620

So there is only one type of tube/pump in our house.

I've had a Classic Leyzne pump for at least 15 years. The only issue is the pressure gauge needle got stuck on a small dent in the housing. I easily replaced it with a digital gauge and I'm sure it will go another 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Who still has schrader tubes?
    I still like the 949 Racing valve stems and have a sizeable stash. My kid's stuff is all schrader.