Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm sure you can draw a real pretty picture of a house. I've seen structurals from job shops in China. Honestly, your profession has an identity crisis as you do everything. The range of skill sets is immense.

Our framers were $45/hr and GC was $55/hr on our remodel in North Seattle last year. Not cheap. They probably cost more this year as anyone with skill has too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What pay for laborers?
    Depends on the guy and experience. Guys who know how to work a broom only gets 16, some experience gets a few bucks more.

Carpenter position up for grabs again. Can also can use a laborer.

See the first post for position and company description.

Bump.....for a laborer position... see the first post for company description.

Bump for carpenter position available
    See first post for description

Bump: winters coming, you need full time work and three days off a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwsno View Post
    Our design/build company is looking for a lead carpenter and a carpenter. If you like putting in 40 hrs M-TH and having 3 days off a week to ride some of the best dirt and deepest snow in the country this is the job for you. We are a hard working group that is always busy yet takes our business and play time seriously. We will pay very competitively for the right person. Our ideal candidate has 3-5yrs of carpentry experience, is self motivated, a quick learner, is looking to stick around for a while, wants a place to grow professionally, would like the opportunity to lead, can set a good skin track, and loves riding their bike down anything steep, fast, or flowy (the last two are not pre-requisites but do help your chances). We work predominantly in the north end of Seattle and our jobs range from kitchen and bath remods to full gut renovations and major additions. Hrs are 7:30-5:30 M-TH with 1/2hr paid for lunch. If you have a job and want more days off a week or more pay get in touch, we are happy to cherry pick the right person. PM me if interested and I'll connect through email. I'll expect a resume and coverletter giving a little background about yourself, your goals, and anything else you feel is pertinent.

Business Meeting (you totally want to work here)

Well, the meeting room looks rad. Doesn't look completely familiar to me, but I'm going to guess top 0' the Cascadian?

I'll let the carpenter's I know about this. Might know a good candidate, but not sure if he wants to commute that far. Sultan area.

Definitely hard finding help in all the trades right now. Our company of 30 could use 20 more. Can't find anyone, and we get 40+$ for shooting silicone all day.

Dude I was working iron with in seattle last winter was living in Sultan. Horrible commute.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Heh.. I live past gold bar, I got 10 minutes on em

One way or another, if you want to work in seattle, and ski at Stevens, you are going to do that commute. Far easier at 5 am, then at 5pm on a Saturday eve.