Thread: Warranty card?

Warranty card?

What's the etiquette here? Keep it blank until I brake something or sell or send it in now?

Just bought my first more expensive rod from my local shop (I guess not super expensive but more than I've spent in the past). The dudes at the shop have been helping me out with tons of knowledge and recommended a Winston Nexus 5 wt. I casted a bunch of different rods and like it well enough for my skill level. I really couldn't feel a $400 dollar difference so maybe someday I step it up another notch. Taking it to a local spot in the morning for a sunrise session.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 06-27-2016 at 06:00 PM.

There is no reason to not wait. You can register it online if you like as well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Winston is one of the companies that will ding you come repair time if its registered to someone else. Register if you break it, otherwise it may effect the resale.

I just visited Winston this last weekend....good people, cool story.

Conundrum--My and Chase are headed your way tomorrow for a meeting in Boise, then going to float the South Fork of the Boise if you're interested.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Tomorrow is my birthday which seems like an excellent reason to hit the SF. Call me.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Winston is one of the companies that will ding you come repair time if its registered to someone else. Register if you break it, otherwise it may effect the resale.
    I've been wondering how they were about warranty. I have had a broken 3wt (b3t) that I got on sale from local shop(bozeman) that always a demo but couldn't even tell it was used. I think I have driven by Winston probably a dozen or so times and been meaning to drop in and see what it'll run me.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I've been wondering how they were about warranty. I have had a broken 3wt (b3t) that I got on sale from local shop(bozeman) that always a demo but couldn't even tell it was used. I think I have driven by Winston probably a dozen or so times and been meaning to drop in and see what it'll run me.
    $50. Might not want to mention that you bought it used.