Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I generally agree with that statement.

I've been enjoying Lemon San Pellegrino and Gin mixed together. It's like a Tom Collins but less sweet and no effort.
    I'll have to try that. How about plain seltzer and a splash or Torani lemon with Gin? That might be good also. What kind of gin, I find that a good gin is more important than the mixer. My current favorite is Small's, more cardamon and less juniper.

I wonder if they make a good Tom Collins at the Sidecar? Maybe we should meet up for cocktails soon.
    Last edited by AaronWright; 06-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Right?! Very. You would have thought that Yukon would have straightened it. We used to take a train from NJ to Stowe. Smoke weed and do shots of Yukon on the train, stay at this place for $10/nt., then survive on snow bongs, Molson Golden's, and Yukon out of the bottle. We took those goat flasks and filled one with water, the other with either Yukon, Jack, or Southern Comfort and ski all day. It was so cold, they used to give us heavy blankets for the chair rides. For lunch, we would stuff our pockets with french fries and ketchup and maybe a Danon yogurt. Sorry to cunt up the thread, but I miss those days, and wanted to share.

Back to the point, good on this chowbine for making good hootch
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Right?! Very. You would have thought that Yukon would have straightened it. We used to take a train from NJ to Stowe. Smoke weed and do shots of Yukon on the train, stay at this place for $10/nt., then survive on snow bongs, Molson Golden's, and Yukon out of the bottle. We took those goat flasks and filled one with water, the other with either Yukon, Jack, or Southern Comfort and ski all day. It was so cold, they used to give us heavy blankets for the chair rides. For lunch, we would stuff our pockets with french fries and ketchup and maybe a Danon yogurt.
    I like the picture you paint
    sounds awesome
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    we would stuff our pockets with french fries and ketchup and maybe a Danon yogurt
    Better not fall I guess.

chowbine
    This is a word that the internet has not heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    chowbine
    hadn't noticed this prior either
    define?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I was tired and wanted a pep up so I ordered a Jack and Coke but they didn't have Jack Daniels nor Coke so I had to order a Dickel and cola
    So sad
    I prefer Dickel to JD.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    You should get on the gin and tonic train for the hot afternoons. Jack and Coke is too sweet IMO.
    Tonic has just as much sugar as Cola. Go for the Bourbon (ie: NOT JACK) and Dry Ginger Ale. My nectar.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is a word that the internet has not heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    hadn't noticed this prior either
    define?
    This comes up under a google image search:

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Tonic has just as much sugar as Cola. Go for the Bourbon (ie: NOT JACK) and Dry Ginger Ale. My nectar.
    I didn't say it has less sugar, I said it was too sweet. I don't care about the calories, I care about the taste. Gin and tonic is more refreshing than Jack and Coke even if it has more calories.

I think that there were generally two types of slaves. They were referred to as house negro and field negro. So far as I know (or thought), the chow-bine was a nicer name for the house slave. My definition would be a 19th century enslaved African American whose responsibilities included preparing and serving food and beverage to his "master".
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The article points out something that struck me right off the bat. The black man is sitting right next to Daniels. Must have been pretty damned important for that to be cool way back then.
    I still call it The Jake.

article says the pic was 1 yr after slavery was outlawed

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    article says the pic was 1 yr after slavery was outlawed
    Exactly. I may be a carpetbagger but I know that social niceties like that probably weren't resolved 1 year out from the Emancipation.

Now modern day I'll say that metro areas in the South show me on an every day basis how much better blacks and whites get along in social situations than in the North, but that's for a different thread, and a different forum. Cool pic is my point.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hendricks Gin+ Fever Tree Tonic + English Cucumber and Lime.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.