Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1996
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Do the seasons overlap enough for those sports to really compete for an audience?
    Not really in their primes, I just meant in a general interest kind of way. I'm noticing the NBA getting more and more off season coverage than it used to, the same way people fixate on football.

Larry Bird stepping down.

^^^ Does not surprise me. Every time the camera cut to him during the last game he had resting-pissed-off-face.

I would advise him as a friend and ask him "Why put your wealthy self through this BS?"
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^ Does not surprise me. Every time the camera cut to him during the last game he had resting-pissed-off-face.

I would advise him as a friend and ask him "Why put your wealthy self through this BS?"
    Ha. That is precisely the comment I made watching the last game. Larry certainly had "I don't need this shit" writ large across his brow.

Yeah, but he's so fucking competitive,I bet he'll be back somewhere.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If not Indy, Celt's the only other option. Or college.

thanks, dad!

Nike, Under Armour, Adidas spurn deal with Ball http://es.pn/2ppkSDe
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Last week, Nike consultant George Raveling, at SportsBusiness Journal's World Congress of Sports, called LaVar "the worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years."

The way LaVar sees it, Raveling's comment is indicative of what longtime businesspeople say when the way of doing things changes.

"Just imagine how rich Tiger [Woods], Kobe [Bryant], Serena [Williams], [Michael] Jordan and LeBron [James] would have been if they dared to do their own thing," LaVar said. "No one owned their own brand before they turned pro. We do, and I have three sons, so it's that much more valuable."

Can we all agree to never talk about LaVar Ball again unless it's absolutely necessary? Like he kidnaps Kobe and holds him hostage or something? That guy is one of the biggest fucking idiots to get national press in... maybe ever.

I wouldn't trust his kids either. Growing up around crazy can't be good.

As a UCLA fan, I fully stand behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Ha. That is precisely the comment I made watching the last game. Larry certainly had "I don't need this shit" writ large across his brow.
    Yup. LeeeBron and co killed his spirit live on tv. It was a sad thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    If not Indy, Celt's the only other option. Or college.
    I bet there's a few boosters at IU that wish they had a crack at him to replace Crean. (Yes I know LB went to ISU)

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    thanks, dad!

Nike, Under Armour, Adidas spurn deal with Ball http://es.pn/2ppkSDe

Last week, Nike consultant George Raveling, at SportsBusiness Journal's World Congress of Sports, called LaVar "the worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years."

The way LaVar sees it, Raveling's comment is indicative of what longtime businesspeople say when the way of doing things changes.

"Just imagine how rich Tiger [Woods], Kobe [Bryant], Serena [Williams], [Michael] Jordan and LeBron [James] would have been if they dared to do their own thing," LaVar said. "No one owned their own brand before they turned pro. We do, and I have three sons, so it's that much more valuable."
    No one wants to give his kid a shoe deal because his dad is a delusional ass? Couldn't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Can we all agree to never talk about LaVar Ball again unless it's absolutely necessary? Like he kidnaps Kobe and holds him hostage or something? That guy is one of the biggest fucking idiots to get national press in... maybe ever.

I wouldn't trust his kids either. Growing up around crazy can't be good.
    Yup.
    I still call it The Jake.

Lavar Ball is an annoying ass, but he's correct that his kids, if they end up stars, shouldn't have to wait for their shoe model.

Ex: How Nike Lost Curry - by recently laid off Ethan S-S: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...n-curry-armour

Maybe The Balls can call Klay Thompson's Chinese shoe company, Anta. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...-durant-2017-1

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Ex: How Nike Lost Curry - by recently laid off Ethan S-S: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...n-curry-armour
    Uh, maybe you should take a look at a 5 year graph of UnderArmor stock price. Curry signs in 2013 and the stock runs up to $120 by 2014. Revenue reality sets in and UA currently trades at $21, despite a red hot stock market. Investors who bet on Curry got raped. It's market cap is now less than half of what it was when Curry was signed. Nike is laughing its ass off. UA would love to renegotiate that deal!

UA got burned because although Curry is one of greatest shooters ever, he has kind of a bland personality. So far, Lonzo has shown about as much personality as a stale Saltine. Lavar can talk brand potential all he wants but the execs aren't listening; it's all about the actual revenues now. After the Curry debacle, no one is getting another mega shoe deal without an established sales track record. Lavar Ball refuses to acknowledge this basic reality and that's why all the agents and sports execs think he's a blowhard idiot for demanding $1B upfront. He'll be lucky to get $10M. UCLA didn't get past the Sweet 16 and his boy barely looked like a pro in that game.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-29-2017 at 09:24 AM.

2016-17 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Uh, maybe you should take a look at a 3 year graph of UnderArmor stock price. Curry signs and the stock runs up to $120 in 2014. Reality sets in and UA currently trades at $21, despite a red hot stock market. Lavar Ball refuses to acknowledge this basic reality and that's why all the agents and sports execs think he's a blowhard idiot.
    Yeah, whether or not the Balls get a deal, already said he's an ass. But, if he wants his kids to make serious money on shoe deals then having their own model is necessary.

Who knows whether they develop the leverage to get one? Clearly, they don't have it now. If Lonzo becomes a star then the companies will deal with his a-hole dad and try to make money off the kid.

Being an ass is not an impediment to wealth and power in this country, as we read the front page every day.

Whether the shoe companies stop signing athletes for millions, or the Balls specifically, are two different issues. (Aside: did you see NFL draftee deals? Forrest Lamp got a deal with Lamps Plus and Taco Charlton is getting hit on by taco restaurants? Talk about obtuse investments by businesses)

UA's stock price not solely correlated with Curry signing or shoes. Have you seen UA's stuff? It's ugly AF and they admitted they totally blew the athleisure market. And Speith's star has faded somewhat. Aside from generally watching traditional retail founder, I don't care - been broadly invested in market for over 30 years and don't follow UA.

Whatevs - still have snow in Tahoe and I'm heading out, so all good.
    Last edited by 54-46; 04-29-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Blaming UA's stock on Curry's shoe deal is a hilarious, Stephen A Smith level hot take. He has the top selling jersey in the NBA. It's not him, it's UA and the shitty shoes they designed.

did curry get his own shoe before he'd done shit? i honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yeah, whether or not the Balls get a deal, already said he's an ass. But, if he wants his kids to make serious money on shoe deals then having their own model is necessary.

Who knows whether they develop the leverage to get one? Clearly, they don't have it now. If Lonzo becomes a star then the companies will deal with his a-hole dad and try to make money off the kid.

Being an ass is not an impediment to wealth and power in this country, as we read the front page every day.

Whether the shoe companies stop signing athletes for millions, or the Balls specifically, are two different issues. (Aside: did you see NFL draftee deals? Forrest Lamp got a deal with Lamps Plus and Taco Charlton is getting hit on by taco restaurants? Talk about obtuse investments by businesses)

UA's stock price not solely correlated with Curry signing or shoes. Have you seen UA's stuff? It's ugly AF and they admitted they totally blew the athleisure market. And Speith's star has faded somewhat. Aside from generally watching traditional retail founder, I don't care - been broadly invested in market for over 30 years and don't follow UA.

Whatevs - still have snow in Tahoe and I'm heading out, so all good.
    Michigan's Jake Butt signs deal with P&G and Charmin.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lo...017-nfl-draft/

clippers lose game 7 at home

Chino Hills, coach part; LaVar Ball denies role http://es.pn/2pLFecC

It's official. Tristan Thompson dumped the Kardazian.

The curse is lifted.

The title is in sight.

dammit

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It's official. Tristan Thompson dumped the Kardazian.

The curse is lifted.

The title is in sight.
    Ah shit - it's on!

I'm exchanging texts with my brother, and he's on a business trip.

His last text:

There is not a single photo of any kind that could make Cleveland look good.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I'm exchanging texts with my brother, and he's on a business trip.

His last text:

There is not a single photo of any kind that could make Cleveland look good.
    How about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Chino Hills, coach part; LaVar Ball denies role http://es.pn/2pLFecC
    lavar bell = douche nozzele

it will be interesting to see how daddy's smack talk is going to go down in the NBA for Lonzo. the quote in the link is innocous

twitter - what a shit show

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    How about this one?

Bwah!

Anyone see that beatdown Kyrie, LeeeeBron and Kevin put on Toronto last night?

That off the glass pass to alley-oop James was AWESOME.

The look on the Toronto bench right after that was utter disgust.