Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Jump shooting team!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Jump shooting team!
    It's almost like CLE and the W's are playing the same game

Of course right now outside Uncle Drew, all of our jump shooters are forwards and centers
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah, Warriors fans all shrugged when the Cavs signed him. We knew he wouldn't even be relevant if they meet in the finals. Even if he wasn't hurt, he's just done.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Damn, sucks for him!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, Warriors fans all shrugged when the Cavs signed him. We knew he wouldn't even be relevant if they meet in the finals. Even if he wasn't hurt, he's just done.
    Yup. I think Timofey played all of 0 minutes in the Finals last year. Bogut was a nice bench depth addition. Not the end all, be all key to a title. Those guys are on the starting rotation.

All things considered, NBA is pretty up in the air right now. Looking forward to watching how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    All things considered, NBA is pretty up in the air right now. Looking forward to watching how it all plays out.
    couldn't agree more. Somehow the NBA rid itself of bad "stars" and found some decent interesting people who also happen to be excellent at basketball. Asidse from the Knicks and Nets, just about every team in the league has something fun to watch for or an up and coming star to enjoy.

who doesn't like to rubberneck a trainwreck?

Amongst the contenders the Spurs are looking awfully healthy and kind of flying under the radar (if that's possible for a team with 49-13 record). With the KD uncertainty lingering I'd have to say they're the favorites right now.

The Warriors did seem to rediscover their mojo - especially the bench realizing they need to step up - without Durant last night against Atlanta. They looked shell shocked for a few games there. It could end up being good for them in the long run, assuming KD recovers in time. This regular season definitely became a lot more interesting over the past month or so.

In each of the last three games the Spurs' opponents could have put them down by making FTs and each team failed to do it. (Pacers, Pellies and Rockets) Spurs closed each game out well.

Leonard was certainly more valuable at the end of the game than Harden last night.

I think Cuban is whack for his comments about Westy but I'm hearing more folks touting Leonard and LeBron for MVP lately and putting them up there with Harden and Westy. Any one of the four seems pretty deserving of whatever award(s) they receive.

If the Spurs do pass up the Warriors - even if it's just because KD got hurt - Leonard's MVP chances will go up ten fold.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    couldn't agree more. Somehow the NBA rid itself of bad "stars" and found some decent interesting people who also happen to be excellent at basketball. Asidse from the Knicks and Nets, just about every team in the league has something fun to watch for or an up and coming star to enjoy.
    Porzingis certainly qualifies as a young guy worth watching.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Porzingis certainly qualifies as a young guy worth watching.
    Yea, good point.

2016-17 NBA Thread

Watched OKC/Blazers last night and Westy nearly saved them after Blazers were up by 12 on OKC reserves in 4th. Game tied at 116, and then Westy misses 4/5 of the last shots and OKC loses. Great game (Westy was shooting great scored 58) and they would not have been in it without him, but that's got to hurt.
    Last edited by 54-46; 03-08-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Watched OKC/Blazers last night and Westy nearly saved them after Blazers were up by 12 on OKC reserves in 4th. Game tied at 116, and then Westy misses 4/5 of the last shots and OKC loses. Great game (Westy was shooting great scored 58) and they would not have been in it without him, but that's got to hurt.
    Saw an ESPN article titled something like "Blazers don't have an answer for Westbrook."

Really? Winning isn't a good enough answer?

Anyhow, if their star can score 58 and they still don't get it done, something is very broken.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Anyhow, if their star can score 58 and they still don't get it done, something is very broken.
    That's a load of Stephen A Smith-type bullshit. There are tons of examples where stars score big and their teams don't win. It doesn't mean "something is very broken".
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And here's what espn said: "No Blazer had an answer for Russ on his 58-point night. The Blazers lost the battle against Westbrook, but won the war vs. the Thunder."

The difference between "No Blazer" and "Blazers" is pretty important. That quote seems fairly accurate.

Dude, quit ripping on my hot take.

Anyhow, if the goal is to win (humor me, I know the goal is to sell tickets and merch) and your star consistently puts up big numbers without a W, where do you find the gas to get over the top?

Broken, they are. I stand by my hot take.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Dude, quit ripping on my hot take.

Anyhow, if the goal is to win (humor me, I know the goal is to sell tickets and merch) and your star consistently puts up big numbers without a W, where do you find the gas to get over the top?

Broken, they are. I stand by my hot take.
    They have a winning record and will make the playoffs. It's not that they're broken, it's that they simply don't have the talent to get over the top. If not having the talent to get over the top counts as broken, then all but maybe 3-5 teams are broken.

Pretty sure I know what it takes to get Over The Top.

HOT TAKE:

OMG, Golden State lost to Boston on THEIR OWN FLOOR!!!

THIS MEANS EVERYTHING! THE CAVS ARE NO MORE. BOSTON BEAT THE CAVS. BOSTON BEAT THE W'S. BOSTON IS THE ODDS ON FAVORITE TO WIN IT ALL!

just thought I'd share Stephen A's comments ahead of time for you all tomorrow.

Celts baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    HOT TAKE:

OMG, Golden State lost to Boston on THEIR OWN FLOOR!!!

THIS MEANS EVERYTHING! THE CAVS ARE NO MORE. BOSTON BEAT THE CAVS. BOSTON BEAT THE W'S. BOSTON IS THE ODDS ON FAVORITE TO WIN IT ALL!

just thought I'd share Stephen A's comments ahead of time for you all tomorrow.
    You are missing the "TIME TO TRADE KLAY OR DRAYMOMND " section of the Hot Take (TM).

Still all about whether Durant comes back healthy. Last year Curry was clearly hobbled and playing on one good leg after hurting his knee against houston. If Durant comes back and doesn't have good legs, I think the Spurs or Rockets (not withstanding the poo pile they laid last night) come out of the west.

Oh, Will You Shut Up About Defense Already?

http://deadspin.com/oh-will-you-shut...ady-1793108892

^^ Article lost me at Steph Curry being a mediocre defender. That was true early in his career, but during his two MVP seasons he was actually a really good defender (top 20 in the league per basketball reference and other stat sites that measure defense) and I believe led the league in steals both seasons.

I did keep reading, though. And rolled my eyes at the use of stats. The Spurs defense is actually better when he's not on the floor. What a ridiculous cherry pick. Gee, maybe that's because he's on the floor when the other team has their best offensive players in the game. Duh. Sometimes you have to apply a little common sense when looking at stats. He also plays less minutes against shitty teams they're killing.

For a much better NBA analysis...

Bill Simmons article this morning on the conundrum that is Westbrook, mirroring much of the debate in this thread: https://theringer.com/the-russell-we...117#.k9xf01bhn