Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2016-17 NBA Thread

As requested in the 15-16 thread. New year, new champions!

Go Cavs!

I still call it The Jake.

In before the W homers!

Zers!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Celtics! Come to us, KD!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Soni.... oh

Man! That's the best angle I've seen on Lebron's goaltend on Iggy!

Questionable, but I guess tie goes to the runner. For posterity, is my 2:1 $25/50 bet on with whosewhatsits?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Man! That's the best angle I've seen on Lebron's goaltend on Iggy!
    I know you're kidding but in case someone gets the wrong idea: we all know it was a block! Although the way Iggy was limping into the lane with his gimpy back there's a good chance I could have stuffed him too. Those smack it into the back-board blocks are the best though - very aesthetic. Durant had one against the Warriors too that was super smooth.

For me the play of the game wasn't the block, it was his missed dunk. Landed on his ass, and his hand, even though some people say he wasn't really hurt and just wanted a rest, whatever. That missed dunk was like Elway's dive for first down, smashed in the air and spun around. Even though Lebron missed one free throw, the one he made was absolutely critical to the Cavs (and W's) mindset on the last possession. I don't know, for me it just showed how much he wanted it. I watched game 7 again last night on NBA...better the second time when you don't have to be totally stressed out the whole time!

I just hope JR found his shirt by now. Seemed to lose it in Vegas on the way home and clearly didn't have it when the plane landed.

Friendly wager that it re-appears for the parade tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    For me the play of the game wasn't the block, it was his missed dunk. Landed on his ass, and his hand, even though some people say he wasn't really hurt and just wanted a rest, whatever. That missed dunk was like Elway's dive for first down, smashed in the air and spun around. Even though Lebron missed one free throw, the one he made was absolutely critical to the Cavs (and W's) mindset on the last possession. I don't know, for me it just showed how much he wanted it. I watched game 7 again last night on NBA...better the second time when you don't have to be totally stressed out the whole time!
    Two different theories. First, I never thought he wasn't hurt until you guys said it. If he wasn't then it was the flop of flops and I hate him more.

If he was, why didn't he pull himself out due to injury and let JR or Kyrie shoot that shit?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

2016-2017, 1 year AP (After the Process). The first year in five that the Sixers are gonna try to win as an organization.

Hopefully Simmons isn't a total bust. (I worry that his inability to shoot is one of those problems you don't just get over).

2016-17 NBA Thread

I like hearing about the Euro players before the draft - the world is getting smaller.

I coached hoops in Bologna, Italy in the '80's and they were behind in concept and techniques back then. Now, not so much. Game has gone global the last 30 years. Very cool!

See:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/20...ional-players/

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...ects-for-2016/

"Coaching for Pizza"?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Here's hoping Kyrie gets some time in the spotlight, he actually deserves it.

Go Celtics. Let's see what happens at the draft.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Wow, the scenes from downtown CLE are fucking nuts. Police and news are reporting 900,000 to 1,000,000 people. For a city of ~250k that's crazy. Pics family and friends are sending are mind-blowing knowing how crowded it must be. They can't get the parade down the street because it's too crowded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	184168

Views:	193 
Size:	635.8 KB 
ID:	184169

Views:	198 
Size:	555.2 KB 
ID:	184170

Fucking photo uploader.

Horford to the Zers would be interesting.

D-Rose to the Knicks?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    D-Rose to the Knicks?
    It would be classic Knicks to buy high on a guy who clearly has lost a step. Shame to see his career derailed due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wow, the scenes from downtown CLE are fucking nuts. Police and news are reporting 900,000 to 1,000,000 people. For a city of ~250k that's crazy. Pics family and friends are sending are mind-blowing knowing how crowded it must be. They can't get the parade down the street because it's too crowded.

Views:	197 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	184168

Views:	193 
Size:	635.8 KB 
ID:	184169

Views:	198 
Size:	555.2 KB 
ID:	184170

Fucking photo uploader.
    Sure, blame it on the uploader... A little drinky-drinky perhaps?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It would be classic Knicks to buy high on a guy who clearly has lost a step.
    And it's a done deal. Knicks gonna Knick.

Also, saw a few clips... LeBron is such a twat. Looking forward to the revenge beatdown next year with a healthy Curry.

^^^
    You're a really sore loser.

1.3 Million people showed up in CLE today. I'll have to upload some of the crazy pics sent to me. Apparently people were able to walk right up to the cars/floats/trucks because the streets were so crowded - slowing the parade down to a crawl. Lots of pics of friends walking up to James, Kyrie, Love, etc in their cars and high fiving them. No rioting either. Another thing CLE is better than the Bay Area at.

(extra emoticons for the sensitive types who didn't win a title this year)

Beats being a sore winner (I don't mean you, I mean LeBron).

From an entertainment standpoint, I'm really looking forward to NY signing Dwight Howard next. They're going to put together a super team from 2011 and then be all disappointed when it doesn't work out.

I figured that's what you meant.

I back up my statement in last years thread's waning pages: this title means more to this town than any other in my lifetime as evidenced by the 1.3M people (5.7 x the population) crowding the city today. They were starved for a title and no franchise gave it to em in over a half-century. Just insane how excited the fans are, and how well they represented their city. Wish I could've been there to see it on this gorgeous sunny day.

Cool shot here...

http://imgur.com/ZTBz6Ff

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Cool shot here...

http://imgur.com/ZTBz6Ff
    Wow that's a cool shot. You can't even see the Mall that was flooded with people for the end of the parade/team rally.

I've been geeking out following the pics uploaded on cleveland.com here

Some of these fans were insane in the places they climbed to get a view:

Last edited by BmillsSkier; 06-22-2016 at 05:22 PM.

^^ They should have used Comic Sans for that poster. Sorry, couldn't help myself, that's never not going to be funny. ;-)

Anyway, while I don't think it measures up to Boston in 04, I would maybe buy that the city of Boston has a lot going for it and did 10 years ago, while Cleveland has been hurting for a number of years... so the impact could be different.