Race Face Prodigy Crank and Chain Ring Question....

I have an old Giant NRS 1 that I've had for 15 years or so. I hadn't been riding it over the past several years but am getting back into it. I replaced the cassette and chain a couple of years ago (I really haven't been riding...) and am replacing them again but can see the chain rings are getting pretty toothy and worn. I want to replace them but don't really want to replace the crank set. Anyone know what Race Face components are compatible with the old Prodigy crank? It's a 22/32/44 set. I can't tell from their website what might be the compatible equivalent. Thanks for any advice. And for any JONG comments....

Prodigy was a standard 4-bolt 104/64 BCD crank (104 BCD middle and outer, 64 BCD inner). The Evolve rings are probably the closest now, or Team for a step up. Though it may be cheaper to just replace the whole crankset (and bottom bracket) if you're replacing all 3 rings. Also if that has the ISIS bottom bracket the bearings tend to wear out relatively quickly - a modern external BB will be more reliable.

Shit....ISIS....who knew they were causing trouble even 15 years ago....

No, I don't think it's an ISIS bb but it could be. I haven't had any bb problems to date and the crank arms are fine. I found Team ring set for $85 so will probably go for that. The best I found the Evolve for is about $76 so not a lot of difference.

Thanks for the information!

Hey Teledad - How do you think RR4 chainrings would work with this setup? It's an option put out there by my local shop.

BTW - It's a Shimano bottom bracket and seems in good shape so I left it alone.

Should be fine. RR4 is the same as Race which is also the same as Team except color (RR4/Race = silver, Team = black).

Got it. Thanks again.