Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Haysoose
    Thankyou.

It was funnier without your explanation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I've relied on a Jesus to dig me a ditch before.

Jesus did turn water into wine though so maybe think of that new main as a very large box of Chablis?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I've relied on a Jesus to dig me a ditch before.

Jesus did turn water into wine though so maybe think of that new main as a very large box of Chablis?
    Chablis?

Fuck that shit.

I should of insisted they used red pex pipe not the white stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pulling for ya Buster. I got let go from my long time (almost 11 years) job on 12/1 and after looking for three months I gave up and started a rep agency on my own. Career change is a bitch. Those connections you think you have aren't real, they all turn out to be just contacts you made and now that you don't have business value to them you are essentially meaningless. Hopefully I don't run out of money from selling off my investments to support the family before the commissions start to roll in.

Current issues are a kid with a nagging injury that insurance won't cover the tests to determine the extent of or the treatment for so she is in a constant state of discomfort, my mom died quite unexpectedly and my 75 year old dad is a medical mess so my brother and I are left trying to figure out how to get him through this while raising our own families and it's time for some serious deferred maintenance on our cars so they don't crap out and leave us hanging.

#Fuck this shit

fuck this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Yeah, I too am having a shitty day. The good news is that The Wife secured a great job E of the crest so we'll finally be fulfilling our plans and selling the house at an very opportune time. The bad news is that the getting the house prepped for sale and moving is gonna be stressful as fuck.
    Wenatchee?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I can't wait until 2 months from now when it's been over 100 degrees 2 weeks straight to hear him admit how much it sucks over here.
    Keeps the pussies away. I don't mind July and August, it's supposed to be hot. If he's talking about Yakima, then yeah it sucks regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I should of !
    This is pretty disappointing coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Pulling for ya Buster. I got let go from my long time (almost 11 years) job on 12/1 and after looking for three months I gave up and started a rep agency on my own. Career change is a bitch.
    #Fuck this shit
    Yep, I think that is the older dood playbook these days. I started my own company 18 months ago after floundering from 08 to 2014. Burned through all my savings (luckily the little lady has all hers) in those 6 years. Just starting to get my head above water again. Many days I am FML, but this week has been good. Hang in there Buster. It can get pretty dark before the light comes back, but it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I can't really complain about much...but it helps to hear that others are in their own "fuck this shit" mood when life becomes fucked. I've been there and I am pretty much there now.

Also, this was the first year in over 30 years I did not ski.

I try to think of how life is pretty damn good when shit gets me down. It doesn't always work.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Sorry to hear all that, Buster. Keep on truckin', brother.

Hang in there
    watch out for snakes

I'll play. I've owned my own business for 10 years now. I lease the building I house my business in. When I bought my business there was already a tenant leasing the back half of the building, we got along great. He moved out a year into my ownership, we found another tenant and the same thing, we go along just fine. In 08 my tenant found another building to lease and moved out, one of his employees inquired about leasing the same space.

I signed a five year lease with him with an option for five more. Six months in I realized I'd made a big mistake. I'd rented to a complete asshole. He used a rather ambiguous lease agreement (same one I'd had with the other two tenants) and slowly started taking over my building. It became an all out battle for several years. The police were called to the place several times.

We tried to evict him several times, and my landlord finally evicted him on a technicality. I paid out over $50k in lawyers fees, yes you read that right. We never made much money and barely kept our heads above water to begin with. After my landlord evicted him he sued us all, my landlord had gotten a judgement against him and bargained his way out of the suit with the judgement, leaving me on the hook.

At that point we had no money to pay lawyers any more. We went to court, represented ourselves and lost, he got a $300k judgement against me, yes once again you read that right. He had leased a new place downtown which was much larger and they gave him the difference in what he was paying to lease the back of my building and what he was paying now, for the term of the ten years.

A month after he won the judgement his lawyers cleaned out all my bank accounts. Business, personal, even my kids accounts that my wife was a cosigner on. We were left with nothing to pay vendors, employees, our own bills etc. My 18yo son was on his first trip away from the parents in Vegas and when he went to use his debit card discovered all his money was gone.

We've struggled through it and still are in business while managing to juggle bills around to make sure everyone is paid on time. But, it's been rather trying, it sucks to work 50 hours a week and not get paid.

#fuckthisshit

I got an F on my first Anatomy and Physiology exam this week. In my defense I stupidly misunderstood the date of said exam and I only prepped for it by making 140 or so flash cards but I didn't actually study them. Doh!

Luckily the exam with the worst grade will be dropped for the final grade. I guess I'm going to have to get real serious from here on out.

I'm not so sure taking an 8 week compressed Anatomy and Physiology course was the best idea that I have ever had.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Being middle aged can choke on my balls. Aging Parents, kids, and crappy career are all sucking the life out of me. Don't have anyone to ski with anymore, feel like I'm slowly drinking myself to death.
    Yeah fuck this shit

Fuck Bob. Good luck dude.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Fuck Bob. Good luck dude.
    Seriously

I've been feeling lucky for a long time knowing that crap like Buster and Bob can happen in an instant.

But, I have to listen to Indians chattering on an open conference bridge all day. Can't understand a word they say. Fuck that shit!

I'm going to drink some Chandon Rose I bought from the discount bin for $5. Fuck that shit!

sorry to everybody but bob that's the worst pile of shit i've heard in a while. hang in there.

The woe is me thread

Who got 167$ dollars for me, summit county wants to be paid
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Bob that sounds like a shitty ordeal.

Fuck Bob, sorry to hear all that. Fuck that shit.

FWIW you can do much worse than drinking a sparkling rose on a bad day.
    I still call it The Jake.

For BobMc:

What was the basic legal action? Improper sublease?

GL Bob & Buster, you are stronger than me.

Plan B would have solved it all of it.

these new ugly shoes make my feet hurt in a different spot.