Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP

MotoGP

Surprised there's not thread for MotoGP?
    Saw this pic from another forum.
    Had to share!

Who's watching MotoGP?

Name:  27498258986_6e43dce895_o.jpg
Views: 2817
Size:  90.6 KB

I try to keep up but don't have the channel anymore.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I try to keep up but don't have the channel anymore.
    Argh... that sucks.
    I watch on MotoGP website piggy backing my BF's account...

It is expensive to watch at the track, now it's even expensive to watch it at home.

In my town they switched to BeIN sports. Took me awhile to find it. Even get Moto 2 and 3 some weekends, and GP quali to boot. Sometimes it's in Spanish, but oh well.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Holy shit..!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Holy shit..!
    Surprising that we didn't get a spray of shit on the camera lens when they showed the view of his ass while he made that save.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Could've been some major highside.
    Makes me flinch looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Could've been some major highside.
    Makes me flinch looking at it.
    He must be doing close to 190mph there. If it had spat him off he'd still be going up in the air.

MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He must be doing close to 190mph there. If it had spat him off he'd still be going up in the air.
    It's amazing how those guys often have one of those popping in the air high speed high-side and be able to walk away.
    I crashed at the track at 70mph and (though I only broke a finger) I was all sorts of mess (mainly disoriented) for a while.

Lost the rear while braking... pretty simple save
    Muscles ache from locking up when spooked - that's why he's whipping his arms.

I've had a get off @ 167mph - walked away
    Should have been in the garbage already old brembo puck welded to front rotor for a millisecond during a sat. afternoon practice session.

End of the straight - summit point

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Lost the rear while braking... pretty simple save
    The world'd best motorcycle racing journalist disagrees with you...

"Marquez was rocking on for 180mph in fifth gear as he approached the first corner during Assen’s Saturday morning FP3 session. The very moment he hit the brakes the front tyre locked, creating so much smoke that some onlookers thought he had blown his engine.

In a millisecond the bike had flicked 45 degrees to the right and turned perhaps 40 degrees from the vertical. When the skidding front tyre finally gripped again, Marquez was kicked out of the seat, like a front-end highside. He landed back in the seat, both feet off the footpegs and somehow managed to keep it all together. Then he ran into the Turn One gravel trap, from which he extricated himself with a few big handfuls of throttle. A few hours later he referred to the moment as “as little bit scary”, as you or I might when we get a bit of a wobble on while crossing the centre line at the wrong moment.

I don’t think anyone else in MotoGP would’ve stayed on two wheels in that situation. Marquez did so because he lives on his wits. When he’s on a race bike he is constantly on the edge of disaster: overdoing it this way and correcting it, overdoing it that way and correcting it; always asking too much of the machine and then dealing with the consequences. I hope he never changes, because there’s nothing better than watching him dancing around on the edge of that precipice.

But why did his front tyre lock up like that? For a few different reasons.

Probably most importantly, today’s MotoGP bikes make so much torque that the front tyre barely skims along the track surface, even in fifth and sixth gears. Therefore there can be almost zero load on the tyre when the rider first squeezes the brake lever, so the tyre locks. It’s possible that the introduction of MotoGP’s unified software, with its more basic anti-wheelie system, exacerbates this problem."

I agree to disagree. Just re-played - 4sec mark shows the smoke from the rear first while the front wheel continues to track. A lot less torque sent to the wheel in current bikes than in days past because of better frame geometry.

ETA: Rear brake is so seldom used and when it is it's very light. I've ridden a 2stroke with no rear brake. Got in trouble at tech inspection and had to put it back on.

Rear brake tap or lock will bring the nose of a bike back into shape pretty quickly. Nice tool when trying ot push the front end past your known limits. Great way to bring a tank slapper under control too. Harder to deploy when heeled over
    Last edited by Gepeto; 07-12-2016 at 12:25 PM.

While he has shown a certain amount of maturity this season, Marquez has a win or crash attitude in the past.

'Win, or win not, there is no try. "

Here is a fun way to waste some time, and rag on LA people to boot. Click on the video and let it run through several, if not all 103 videos.

http://www.wired.com/2014/02/mulholland-the-snake/

Funny thing is I rode this exact corner on Sunday, not realizing until Monday what a shit show it was. Not surprised though, we stopped at the Rock Store to see these posers decked out in full race leathers, tuned sports bikes, and no clue how to corner. You got to love LA.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Seems like there's always someone to catch your crash and pick up your bike.
    That's a bright side, I guess...

Love me some MotoGP , have a subscription to it and WSBK. GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland on this weekend, looking for Marquez to put the stomp on. ps #fuckrossi
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

MotoGP

Team Marquez as well!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1468411101.776643.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  348.6 KB

Though, who could resist Val's autograph?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1468411178.980480.jpg
Views: 2343
Size:  373.7 KB

Seat cover signed by MM, helmet signed by the doctor.
    I have a Repsol.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1468411254.250642.jpg
Views: 2380
Size:  455.8 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1468411505.662142.jpg
Views: 2393
Size:  515.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    #fuckrossi
    Seriously?

I prefer the RC 51

MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    I prefer the RC 51
    That's my boyfriend's.
    He showered that bike with aftermarket parts.
    Beautiful machine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1468425000.584530.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	693.6 KB 
ID:	185009

I sold my bikes a long time ago but a buddy has 5 or 6 bikes and one is an RC, he lets me take it out on rides. I had ducati so the RC is comparable but the ducati brakes were sooooo much better. All the japanese brakes I've ridden have felt either on or off, the brembo's were more linear... if any of that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    While he has shown a certain amount of maturity this season, Marquez has a win or crash attitude in the past.
    Was very surprised he didn't fall off his steed regularly in his first year. The move from the 250 is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Here is a fun way to waste some time, and rag on LA people to boot. Click on the video and let it run through several, if not all 103 videos.

http://www.wired.com/2014/02/mulholland-the-snake/

posers decked out in full race leathers, tuned sports bikes, and no clue how to corner. You got to love LA.
    Jerry's on motorbikes - ran the first 40 or so. No one gets mangled, so it's not so hard to point and giggle. All kinds of mayhem - stuffing the front - losing the rear - to much throttle - to much brake - straight up fear - highest percentage is to much entry speed. That macadam looks marbled?!. High aggregate content.

Footnote: Never put to much effort trying to go fast in a slow corner. Look pretty and make a nice exit.

SunnySideUp

Old racing adage is "how fast you go through a corner is not as important as how fast you excited a corner." Few weekend warriors know this.

edit to add: Another thing common in many of those crashes was that many were still sitting centered on the bike which means too much lean angle and loosing a wheel or dragging a peg.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    I sold my bikes a long time ago but a buddy has 5 or 6 bikes and one is an RC, he lets me take it out on rides. I had ducati so the RC is comparable but the ducati brakes were sooooo much better. All the japanese brakes I've ridden have felt either on or off, the brembo's were more linear... if any of that makes sense.
    Ducati's come with stock braided steel? I changed my VFR to SS and the feel was much better.

Hell of a MotoGP race today, need to watch the 2 & 3 races now.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime