Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP

A very visceral loss - such a distinct human being.

It could have been much worse. He could have survived with severe brain damage and all that would entail.

Jackie (his fiancee as of last May) has been his shadow since 2012, and an immediate family that was wholly included in all his achievements. His twitter, instagram, and facebook feeds let you into the family's life. Christmas with the nieces and nephews. All the birthday celebrations. Just a genuinely good and soulful person.

It was nice to see an American carry the torch in such a unique and widely respected way in motogp.

He filled some big shoes as our steed in the world of motorcycle racing and he did it with aplomb.

God's Speed Nicky

eta: here is a nice (short) write-up of who he really was

http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39984647
    Last edited by Gepeto; 05-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.

That article says it , Everybody loves Nicky.

Just hearing about this. Fuuuuuuuuck. Loved Nicky.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Nicky's Funeral will be streamed today, starting @ 11:30am CMT if you have an inclination:

https://www.facebook.com/NickyHaydenUSA/

If you're sensitive, do not click this link. It's not particularly ugly but, knowing the final outcome adds to the impact. The realtime cctv capture of the willful disregard of other human beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpiCMBlsqow
    Last edited by Gepeto; 05-29-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Nicky's Funeral will be streamed today, starting @ 11:30am CMT if you have an inclination:

https://www.facebook.com/NickyHaydenUSA/

If you're sensitive, do not click this link. It's not particularly ugly but, knowing the final outcome adds to the impact. The realtime cctv capture of the willful disregard of other human beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpiCMBlsqow
    Scary thing is I have been in the same situation biking in Italy and CH. RIP Chef.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I'm here right now. So sad.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

The only good thing is that the day is nice. Otherwise not so great.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

57° cloudy
    rainy and overcast since sunrise
    good day to say goodbye

ciao fernow NH

G_270 - you had a long way to go?
    way to represent

​I am not in your hurry

^ Testicles the size of bowling balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

FireBlade will kill someone soon enough. What a POS.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Did you see him hold his line and just stay on the gas while getting hit? Crazy.

I just wanted to post in here that I am now working at a motorcycle dealership again with the big 4 Japanese brands, so if anyone here wants deals on gear or parts or whatever, hit me up and I'll be happy to hook mags up.

Good looking out, guroo!
    Good luck with your new job!!

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I just wanted to post in here that I am now working at a motorcycle dealership again with the big 4 Japanese brands, so if anyone here wants deals on gear or parts or whatever, hit me up and I'll be happy to hook mags up.
    Where? Bikes included?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

MotoGP

Thanks Nutmeg. I’ll just say it’s a really nice shop near Nashville. Bikes not really included, but if you’d like me to find out how cheaply I️ can get you a motorcycle for I’d be happy to help. The only units I️ personally can get a deeper discount on are Kawasaki vehicles - %25 below msrp. On the vehicle note, though, I️ can at least give you something a dealer near you should be able to match.

Edit: don’t ask for Dainese or Aerostich.

congrats. I worked at a dealership years ago, was sponsored for hare scrambles, too.
    stoked you bumped the thread up.
    I was pretty busted up emotionally when Nicky died. My close friend's girlfriend had just passed away in a bizarre drunken fall down some stairs into a broken neck, then Chris Cornell, then Nicky. I couldn't take it.
    all Great people gone too soon.
    I've been digging the Norman Reedus bike show lately. Makes me want to get another touring bike and get back on the back roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNE-2oPoO4

edit: damn , chelsea is kind of a cunt in that

this is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Z1zdLXC20
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Not really sure congrats are in order - I'm essentially doing what I was doing in high school and community college, but thank you. My last job as a satellite radio talk show host certainly was cooler and paid more, but fuck those hours, fuck "fake news", and fuck working with family. Did it to be happy and healthy again.

On a side note, if anyone has NPR connections, lemme know! In the meantime I'm happy to hook up some mags.

I’ll just say it’s a really nice shop near Nashville.
    I'm currently in Cincinnati. Been meaning to make a trip to Nashville.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I thought there was a dedicated Nicky Hayden thread but, I can't find it.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rac...garden-misano/

Nicky Hayden may have left us, but he is not forgotten, and now the World Champion will have a permanent memorial in Misano, Italy, as the city pays tribute to the American rider as well.
    Accordingly, the Council of Misano is planning to create the “Giardino Nicky Hayden”, which will be a garden near the intersection where Hayden’s fateful crash occurred, not far from the Misano World Circuit, at corner of via Ca’ Raffaelli and via Tavoleto.
    The memorial garden will be built by Denis Pazzaglini, friend and former mechanic to Hayden, during his time in the Repsol Honda MotoGP team.
    The garden is expected to open later this year on May 22nd, to commemorate the one-year anniversary of losing Hayden during his bicycling incident involving another vehicle.
    “The installation will take the name of ‘Giardino Nicky Hayden,'” said Misano Mayor Stefano Giannini. “The Council of Misano immediately decided to accept the request received from Nicky’s friends.”
    “The young American rider had found a point of reference in Misano and Denis Pazzaglini, a mechanic at the time when Hayden was involved in MotoGP, soon turned into a close friend.”
    “Fate kept the two men together up to a few hours before the tragic accident, and to be together to ride on the roads of Misano.”
    ​I am not in your hurry

The whole Nicky tragedy is awful, so nice to see a tribute garden being done.

How about this weekends antics in Argentina? Watched the whole shitshow evolve on MotoGP.com and all I can say is wow!
    No spoiler from me.

Petrucci losing it during Free Practice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.30.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	605.9 KB 
ID:	231740
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.