Thread: Seattle

Seattle

Hey all,

I moved to Seattle (Ballard) after traveling around for a while following my graduation in December. I've had a bunch of interviews, but no luck so far. Been networking, interviewing and applying for 6+ months now. I studied business in school and have a background in photography, social and digital media, and marketing. I'm currently the Photo Editor at Newschoolers, running our team of 11 photogs, but that's part time and seasonal.

I want to end up doing something marketing related eventually, whether with a brand or in an agency, but money is starting to get tight, so I'm open to do whatever, at least for a little while.
    I worked at the rents commercial glass shop through college summers, but a 4 year apprenticeship to get in the union doesn't sound ideal, regardless I do have some construction/labor experience.

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any connects, or knows anyone who might, marketing related or just openings for someone like me.

Cheers

are you signed up for job alerts from indeed and the like? with your background, I'd also look into UI/UX if you can find anyone hiring entry level.

Check out basecamp, i think they have a marketing opening, and allow working remotely. My daughter works there, and really likes the company.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Can you cut down blackberry bushes?
    Fortunately I've found some part time work, packaging beer at Fremont Brewing

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    are you signed up for job alerts from indeed and the like? with your background, I'd also look into UI/UX if you can find anyone hiring entry level.
    Oh yea, I'm all indeed and the like daily.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Check out basecamp, i think they have a marketing opening, and allow working remotely. My daughter works there, and really likes the company.
    Thanks, I'll check them out

Looks like I may be out of work again soon.