In PDX by the convention center the next few nights, where to eat and drink

Like the title says, staying by the convention center, must eats and drinks in a walk-able distance? Franks noodles house worth the wait or did Fieri ruin it?

Not really walkable, but Andina is worth a visit if you haven't been before.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Thanks, think a coworker is showing up with a car tomorrow so may have more range, though he's a vegan or something, I guess he'll probably fit right in here.

Bouchon is just a little further West, a best value for French food.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A few ideas, by no means an exhaustive list nor the undisputed greatest hits:
    - Multnomah Whisky Library for drinks followed by Higgins for Dinner (Near downtown, west side)
    - Andina for outstanding Peruvian food and drink (Pearl District)
    - Le Pigeon (inner East Burnside, close to your hotel)
    - Doug Fir for live music (inner East Burnside)
    - Rontoms for a great back patio scene (inner East Burnside)
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Franks Noodle house--meh.

Here's some of the goods near the Convention Center:

Kachka
    Biwa
    Renata
    Le pigeon
    Simpatica (for breakfast)
    Mirakutei

There are so many good restaurants in the vicinity and a little farther out...

Eaterpdx is your friend
    pdx.eater.com

Ox is awesome and just up the street, but not cheap

X3 Le Pigeon

Skip Frank's and take the max to the Pearl for quite a few places to eat and drink. Don't bother with VooDoo doughnuts u less your under 25.

If you like Thai, PaaDee at SE 28th and Burnside is very good.

Mississippi St has good stuff
    -Amnesia brewery

The Roadside Attraction on 10th is unique with it's outdoor fire pit, good food too

I like Kelly's Olympian downtown

Sassy's on Morrison is the best around for dancing girls

-you could wander between quite a few breweries in Sassy's neighborhood

If you have the $ go get the chef's sampler at Toro Bravo. It is always different, but guaranteed to be amazing. It's right behind Ox, where you should also go.

Pine State Biscuits for some early day which is close to that zone. If you go west side for the VooDoo, you might as well check out the local gear store, US Outdoor store is next to marrys titty bar, adjoined to a taco place that is worthy IMO. there is also a beer specialty place in between with copious taps.

blue star>>>>>voodoo

Le Bouchon is closed (permanently and sadly)
    Amnesia is no longer on Mississippi (nor in the state of Oregon) the location there has been replaced by Storm Breaker Brewing.
    The "new" (it's not new) great brewery on Mississippi is Ecliptic, which has some really great stuff.

Por Que No is overpriced and the wait is entirely too long for Tacos, but the scene is nice if the wait isn't long. The bowls can also be good.
    Mississippi Street Pizza is great. It just is. It's also not-cheap, but it's portland. Cheap died a long time ago.
    Don't wait in line at Salt and Straw. Either buy a pint (you get to skip the line) and eat on the curb or go to Ruby Jewel.
    Toro Bravo/Andina/Ox/ are all quite good, as is Le Pigeon (which is really excellent) but they are all spendy, as well. Also Bollywood Theater is good, but not really the kind of Indian you think of.
    Ramen is becoming a thing here, but the Pho is still better. I recommend Pho Oregon on Sandy or Pho Gia. Some of the best Ramen is being served out of a food cart behind a restaurant and by a vintage store on Hawthorne. However, I've enjoyed Boxer which is on Alberta.

Leverage the easy public transit and get around.

Note: Brunch is a sport in Portland. Don't try to play, you will lose.

Places like Pine State, Screen Door (probably the best Chicken and Waffles in portland and some of the best food), Broder (both locations), Gravy WILL have lines. They just will.
    You can always go to total dive/diner places for breakfast like the hungover scene kids, bands, or alcoholics at places like the Overlook, Nite Hawk or Doug Fir. These are places where you typically get a drink with your breakfast. Or you can do the classic Portland thing and go around the corner to the OTHER breakfast place (like Equinox or Radio Room) and not wait in line. I also suggest Grain and Gristle on Prescott, which is right next to the Pok Pok annex, which is significantly easier to get into than the official pok pok and still has burn your face, delicious food.

For lunch, the burrito wars and taco wars are still ongoing. King Burrito (in Arbor Lodge) is the tits, still. But places like Taqueria Azteca have great tacos. Do not go to Laughing Planet, please, it's fucking awful. At the very least they shouldn't be allowed to serve items called "Burritos".

Wolf and Bear on Mississippi is great for falafel, as are a number of the food carts there. I also liked Cedo's for that (which is closer to you) but that was a while ago, so I don't know if they are still good. I suggest Native Bowl for Vegan although the Smokehouse always gets rave reviews. Places like the 5th quadrant (service here can be iffy, but it's portland so... ymmv) and Hub are great for bar food. Tasty and Sons is fucking great for dinner, go there as long as you aren't vegan.

Coffee: Arbor Lodge is one of my favorite places. It's great, the coffee is good and the baristas are nice. I also like Public Domain. Stumptown can be variable. Also, they sold out .... so fuck them.. right? Goldrush is also nice and that's just up MLK/Grand. Of course you have places like Coava (great) and Barista (great) and Water Avenue (great). Don't drink starbucks. Just don't. The ones here are typically really bad.

So, in closing. Go eat at Nicholas (Lebanese) on Grand and then shop at Andy and Bax. Ride the street car back up north, bring cash, go into Billy Rays and sit there and drink in blissful peace and quiet, don't get stabbed.
    Last edited by Odin; 06-07-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: for teh stabbing

Ended up doing Le Pigeon and Bollywood. Good suggestions, wish I had more time, will save this for the next visit for sure.

In PDX by the convention center the next few nights, where to eat and drink

What did you think of le pigeon?