Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Solstice Moonrise

Solstice Moon and Reflection by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

NEK... like woh.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Last edited by splitter; 06-24-2016 at 11:01 AM.

From my recent trip to Myanmar

1:

2:

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Great series from this shoot on Flickr, but this just made me think of: http://postgradproblems.com/i-hate-y...gement-photos/

Not a dig at you -- I enjoy well-taken couples portraiture (and you have them in your stream there), it was just funny because I read that article almost right after I saw your shot!
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Great series from this shoot on Flickr, but this just made me think of: http://postgradproblems.com/i-hate-y...gement-photos/

Not a dig at you -- I enjoy well-taken couples portraiture (and you have them in your stream there), it was just funny because I read that article almost right after I saw your shot!
    I chuckled as well; kinda spot on with the observations about fields, back-lighting (glowing hair), and accessories. BTW, that Save the Date sign in my entered shot was something I was able to make for the couple with some extra barnwood, extra spray paint from refinishing the upcoming baby's changing table, and a few $.99 letters at the craft store.

It is somewhat funny, as I process these shots and 25-30 are a cut above from the whole shoot (due to faces being cute on one, goofy on the other, blah blah blah), I wonder what you do with 30 engagement photos. I had one couple print and frame many for the reception room. Of course some, like this:

not an entry in the MPC

get used for Save the Dates and hopefully a few others get printed for around the house. Not to mention, it's pretty similar to the shot heading his article.
    I know a few get used for the all important like on social media; I tag the couple in a few "previews" of the session I post on social media to give them an idea of how the shoot went, but more importantly, to get people to think of me for photographs.

These shoots often come with a wedding package. Some folks are more fired up for the process than others and want to be more "cute." I shot a couple that felt weird being too posed. This bride texted me some ideas and shots she had liked from Pinterest before our shoot so I knew she wanted some of the stuff in the article you linked.

And ultimately, it's a lament on his timetable of life, nearly as predictable as the memes that get posted on FB and IG that observe one's contemporaries linear progression through life. Maybe he'll blog about all the babies on his IG feed in 3-4 years when he's posting his engagement shots.

Minis

Looks like I should have looked thru all the entries before posting. Two red and green car photos is probably one too many