Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Psa: group buy on yeti knock of coolers and tumblers.

Check it out. Join up with local mags to get free shipping.

Atlas cooler 25% discount group buy now open, june 1- june 30

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...6&share_type=t

Are they any good? Can't find much info online... but the price seems right!

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Are they any good? Can't find much info online... but the price seems right!
    They look good to me. Keep reading that thread. There is another thread in that forum in the gear deals section.

Think I read they need at like 10000 for this group buy price. That's a ton of fucking coolers. Sounds like they won't even make them, since they don't ship immediately, unless they get the 10k. My bet is this doesn't get the legs it needs even with crazy tgr gear hoarders. Good prices though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Think I read they need at like 10000 for this group buy price. That's a ton of fucking coolers. Sounds like they won't even make them, since they don't ship immediately, unless they get the 10k. My bet is this doesn't get the legs it needs even with crazy tgr gear hoarders. Good prices though.
    There is another thread keeping track of orders. I bet we get there easy. One dude is ordering like 8 of the huge ones by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    There is another thread keeping track of orders. I bet we get there easy. One dude is ordering like 8 of the huge ones by himself.
    Well geez then we only need 1250 people to buy 8 as well. Still seems like a lot of coolers.

Well geez then we only need 1250 people to buy 8 as well. Still seems like a lot of coolers.
    I agree. If we don't hit the 10k mark the vendor will ask if we want it at full price or if we want to cancel.

They need $10K minimum, not 10K units.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Sorry I did misread. I can imagine a $10k could be reached easier than 10k units.

Good luck.

Status symbol coolers, the latest craze. Everybody's buying em

Seem pretty good, solid. If anyone wants to go in on a group ship to the RFV, I'd be in.

Front Range checking in. Will buy if someone else in Denver/Boulder wants to go in for combined shipping. PM me.

I spend a little bit of time on the AR15.com forums and those guys got all worked up and started hoarding the "Ozark Trail" branded coolers that are sold by Walmart after word got out that they are made in the same factory as Yeti.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...-Grey/49229408 Apparently they are so close that Yeti is suing Walmart over patent infringement. http://magazine.promomarketing.com/a...-infringement/
    I don't know much about coolers and really don't have a need for those expedition ready coolers but I do like saving money so I will look into the group buy because I really don't care to support Walmart.

Not sure Yeti has much of a case since they didn't, and probably still don't, own any of their manufacturing. Only a matter of time before knock off's 'from the same factory' started showing up.

Yeah I'll bet nearly are these rotomolded coolers are made in the same factory. Like mentioned only a matter of time.

It's obvious anyone who dumped all their cash on a yeti will swear up and down how much better theirs is but I don't know...when there was no other expedition cooler maker yep you had the best with yeti and paid for it. Not so much anymore.

Just picked up the ozark trail tumblers in 30oz ($9.xx) and 20oz ($7.xx) at Wallyworld yesterday. I'm one of the suckers that is and loves the yeti tumblers and figured at that price it's good to have extras for the wife. Back on topic thinking about pulling the trigger on GB. I really want the Ozark Trail but my Walmart has not had them in stock. Figured I would rather buy from Walmart for the same approx price and if they are shit (which reports state otherwise) I'll return and get my money back.

** queue Walmart haters who will say my decision is ruining the world

It's obvious anyone who dumped all their cash on a yeti will swear up and down how much better theirs is but I don't know...when there was no other expedition cooler maker yep you had the best with yeti and paid for it. Not so much anymore.
    This. No doubt they're great but more of a status symbol now imho. It's amazing how many people get them now and have no use for an "expedition" cooler. I know someone that wanted and got one for a Bachelorette party gift and they never camp for more than a standard weekend at a time. Not to mention seeing them lately on afternoon park days in the city.

Edit: Just saw this post. Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Status symbol coolers, the latest craze. Everybody's buying em

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    This. No doubt they're great but more of a status symbol now imho. It's amazing how many people get them now and have no use for an "expedition" cooler. I know someone that wanted and got one for a Bachelorette party gift and they never camp for more than a standard weekend at a time. Not to mention seeing them lately on afternoon park days in the city.

Edit: Just saw this post. Nailed it.
    Well shit what are they going to use for a cooler in the back of their Porsche Cayenne?

Ozarktrailbutts doesn't have the same ring as Yetibutts. Link NSFW https://www.instagram.com/yetibuttsdaily/

Just read that the $10,000 minimum order size has been reached so the cooler sale is definitely happening. Anyone in Boulder/Denver area want to combine orders to get free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    Just read that the $10,000 minimum order size has been reached so the cooler sale is definitely happening. Anyone in Boulder/Denver area want to combine orders to get free shipping?
    Where did you read this?

On the OP at RokSlide

Anyone already done this? I have an order almost complete, but it looks like it's given me the entire total, not the 50% deposit. Maybe because the group buy min has already hit? Guess I need to read backwards thru the thread,

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Anyone already done this? I have an order almost complete, but it looks like it's given me the entire total, not the 50% deposit. Maybe because the group buy min has already hit? Guess I need to read backwards thru the thread,
    Yeah. Read the latest post by GotDraw.