DHR 2 as front tire?

Anybody run one up front? Looking for a typical Utah conditions tire and these are lighter and cheaper than the High Roller 2 it would be replacing and looks really similar.

Yep. Ran it for a while a few years ago while waiting for DHF to come back in stock. No complaints. Less squirmy than HR2 too.

Yer gonna die

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onza.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	183314

They work great. Better braking than a DHF
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I forget what the problem was when I shopped new tires maybe the DHR came front and rear specific but not tubeless but there were only DHRII's and tubeless ?

I ended up running them front & rear tubeless on UST rims and they work fine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Can confirm. You will not die.

I have a set of 2.4 DHR II dual ply DH tires that I put on when the terrain/ride requires. I rode them at the EWS in Whistler last year and really liked them, excellent braking traction.

I ran one up front all of last season and was pretty happy with it. Running a DHF now and I like it but the slight added rolling resistance is noticeable so I may switch back to the DHR II.

Thanks for the responses. I'd be going 2.3 non DH casing for my admittedly non-skilled self. The High Roller 2 has been fine but if I could save a bit of mass while maintaining most of the traction, I'd be into that.

Don't do it. DHF is for the front.

DHR Is 2.5.

Better yet get a Vigilante

^^ umm, what? DHR II is 2.3
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Better yet get a Vigilante
    Meh.

DHR II are 2.3 or 2.4
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Oops I had I backwards. DHF is 2.5 and DHR II is 2.4 (in 27.5). As noted elsewhere, those are thin looking compared to other tires. Vigilante looks bigger in a 2.3. I believe there is a thread where someone took calibers to the maxxis tires to prove it.

In any case, all great tires. These are all favorites, though Vigilante works better for me up front. Currently running a DHR2 in the back and took off a brand new DHF and switched to vigilante up front. I find loose over dry cornering more predictable but still liked the DHF and will put it back at some point.

http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-311-minion-dhr-ii