Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 276
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,384
    Becky still there?

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    2,004
    Yup!

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,940
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    A few, shit: http://wildbirdsbroadcasting.blogspo...s-dacotah.html

    That was a process. I still haven't figured out why the eagle trapping though. Feathers?
    Geez, and people here say Catholic ceremonies are overly-involved superstition.

    Still going to enjoy telling the neighbors what the new stone circle of death is in the front yard.
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm told I did but I’m too old to remember.
    FIFY

    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    ... I still haven't figured out why the eagle trapping though. Feathers?
    Tastes like chicken?
    And I guess that I just don't know

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've seen photographs of pre-Columbian Indians hunting buffalo on foot with bows and arrows.
    (The Indians used several techniques to hunt buffalo. http://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/1381)
    Photographs of pre-Columbian Indians? As in the times prior to Columbus's arrival in N. America?? I wasn't aware photography existed in the 1400's.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Photographs of pre-Columbian Indians? As in the times prior to Columbus's arrival in N. America?? I wasn't aware photography existed in the 1400's.
    The Flintstones had cameras, you idiot. So of course they had photography.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Photographs of pre-Columbian Indians? As in the times prior to Columbus's arrival in N. America?? I wasn't aware photography existed in the 1400's.
    That's the (dad) joke.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,400
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Geez, and people here say Catholic ceremonies are overly-involved superstition.

    Still going to enjoy telling the neighbors what the new stone circle of death is in the front yard.
    Just don't get carried away with all the ritual or the next thing you know:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0c64f4fb1f1bde2ddd683c2280255029.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	333252

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    When my folks lived in Taos, their caretaker/handyman at the Inn always tried to sell us eagle feathers. I don't think Daryl got them through legal methods. We didn't want any part of that. That's a federal charge for us white boys.

    I do volunteer work for the local raptor rescue, and they collect any and all dropped eagle feathers.
    a friend has access to two golden eagles mounted from an estate. nobody is sure when they where mounted, but the guess is between 1930 and 1950 and there is no documentation. they were taken in vermont.

    they are at a loss as what to do with them. I am sure they would like to sell them.

    does anybody have any advice?

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,616
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    a friend has access to two golden eagles mounted from an estate. nobody is sure when they where mounted, but the guess is between 1930 and 1950 and there is no documentation. they were taken in vermont.

    they are at a loss as what to do with them. I am sure they would like to sell them.

    does anybody have any advice?
    I’ll take one. We have a quail problem in our garden and a stuffed eagle would solve this. Pics?

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I’ll take one. We have a quail problem in our garden and a stuffed eagle would solve this. Pics?
    i'll see what I can do

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i'll see what I can do
    Personally I'd make them disappear. I'm not saying I'm the most upstanding citizen, but the fish cops have a hard on over eagle parts.

    https://www.fws.gov/midwest/eagle/hi...authorization.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    11,190
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    A few, shit: http://wildbirdsbroadcasting.blogspo...s-dacotah.html

    That was a process. I still haven't figured out why the eagle trapping though. Feathers?
    The camp of Indians which we visited were chiefly engaged in catching war eagles, to make head dresses.

    It’s the first sentence. Yes. Feathers

    But I found this interesting:
    The eagles are brought alive into the camp, and after some ceremony the tails are pulled out, and they are let go to grow another tail for the next year.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    4,588
    inviting the inevitable abuse I usually take for my name, but who cares; I think it's cool. apparently, the cougar has roamed all if the American continents, from argentina to upper Canada.

    from here: https://vividmaps.com/big-cats/
    "Distribution of the Big Cats mapped " (worldwide)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big_cats.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	333522

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,406
    You should check a better map if you're interested in snow leopards or tigers in Russia. Just because they are in part of the country doesn't mean the range extends across all of it. I also think Alaska doesn't have cougars

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,616
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    inviting the inevitable abuse I usually take for my name, ]
    The ‘inevitable abuse’ you get is not from your name, it’s from you having an online persona of being a racist, ignorant, Trump defending POS.

    LOL
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    11,768
    Dumbass got lucky.
    And I guess that I just don't know

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,685
    edit: beat me to it ^^


    I love the guy that goes to grab the log like he's going to fight the bison off with it lol

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    685
    Holy crap!

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Down by the river, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Dumbass got lucky.
    Yeah, the trip probably saved her I think. Jebus.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,685
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Yeah, the trip probably saved her I think. Jebus.
    Apparently she is a Montana local and "knew to play dead" from this source

    https://www.abc15.com/news/national/...I94cdUu1Sgdl-Q

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,127
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Apparently she is a Montana local and "knew to play dead" from this source

    https://www.abc15.com/news/national/...I94cdUu1Sgdl-Q
    Better to rehearse dead than live it for real.

    Fucking bison, people mistake the fact that they don't give much of a fuck about anything much less some stupid person getting close and then for whatever reason they decide to stick a horn in you.

    Being gored sounds horrible, but fitting.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    439
    Steady hand with the camera there.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

    Being gored sounds horrible, butt fitting.
    fify

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •