Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Whoever took that picture got way too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wow, this is some gruesome shit. I'm staying inside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America
    Can't hold a candle to selfie deaths

Wow, this is some gruesome shit. I'm staying inside
    Why, isn't your "ski season" over? Go outside and get some fresh air, Lil bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Ha, I've seen your picture, dude. Has a ranger ever mistakingly sprayed you in the face with bear spray lately?

Yes. Happens all the time. I'm use to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

and now dickhead tourists have moved to Seward AK

Goat chased to its death by picture-takers in Alaska

(CNN)A crowd of onlookers snapping pictures of a mountain goat chased the animal to its death in the small Alaska town of Seward.

Now the Division of Alaska State Troopers is asking visitors to "stay back for your own protection and the protection of the animal," said spokeswoman Megan Peters.

The goat's death was set in motion when it ventured to the south end of the Seward Harbor breakwater dike on Saturday, according to Peters.

Seward troopers received a report of onlookers harassing a mountain goat. But the white goat was gone by the time troopers arrived, Peters said.

A half hour later, another call was received about the goat swimming in the ocean in front of the SeaLife Center. Investigators determined that a large group had followed the animal to the aquarium and marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation facility, where it jumped into the ocean.

"They were trying to take a picture or just looking," Peters said. "People come here to see wildlife."

Unable to return to the rocky shore because of the people standing there, the goat drowned, according to a report of the incident.

"People like to get close to bears and moose and also goats," Peters said. "In a lot of cases, people get mauled or trampled and attacked by the animal. This is the other side of it. It's not uncommon for animals to try to swim and then drown."

Alaska State Troopers said: "It is imperative that wildlife is given adequate space to be able to leave a congested area like downtown Seward."

In May, a father-son duo at Yellowstone National Park spotted a newborn bison and thought it was cold and lost. They loaded the calf into their car.

But bison are seriously protective of their young. A calf removed from its mother will sometimes be rejected later.
    Rangers were unable to reunite the calf with its herd.

Rangers had to euthanize it because, without a home to call its own, it kept running up to people and cars and "causing a dangerous situation," the park service said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Too bad none of the tourists tried to jump in and rescue the goat. I hope each and every one the people who hounded the animal see the image of it drowning every day for the rest of their lives and that it is the last image in their minds when they die. And if there is a god I hope he/she is a goat.
    Last edited by old goat; 07-20-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Not wildlife or Yellowstone, but definitely morons in a national park. The Racetrack is a bizarro spot in Death Valley I've read about that is pretty hard to get to. Rocks move. Really. Fuck the people who did this.

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/19/vand...national-park/

Not wildlife or Yellowstone, but definitely morons in a national park. The Racetrack is a bizarro spot in Death Valley I've read about that is pretty hard to get to. Rocks move. Really. Fuck the people who did this.

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/19/vand...national-park/
    Clarkson, Hammond and May?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Man, spending the past few days in National Parks just validates my belief that people can be really horrible. Not really a big fan of Edward Abbey, (always considered him a real NIMBY case), but, I gotta admit, he had a point about industrial tourism. Then again, I guess I contributed to the problem, too. But, what the fuck is wrong with people when they get to a NP? It's not fucking Disneyland. Can't you read? It says, don't fucking do what you're doing!

Man, spending the past few days in National Parks just validates my belief that people can be really horrible. Not really a big fan of Edward Abbey, (always considered him a real NIMBY case), but, I gotta admit, he had a point about industrial tourism. Then again, I guess I contributed to the problem, too. But, what the fuck is wrong with people when they get to a NP? It's not fucking Disneyland. Can't you read? It says, don't fucking do what you're doing!
    It's called freedom, Benny. Why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate America?

It's my park, I paid for it with my taxes. I can do what ever the fuck I want. I own that bison, and he's going to know it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yellowstone forced to shoot rogue tourists

National Park Service officials today confirmed reports of the shooting of two tourists in Yellowstone Park early this season. The shootings were authorized under a newly implemented policy to protect bears.
    “I know this sort of thing upsets people,” said an assistant director. “But we had no choice in dealing with the problem. Human-grizzly encounters are simply too dangerous. We attempted relocation of both tourists, but they just returned the next season. The potential danger to bears had become too great, and we had to remove these tourists permanently.”
    Apparently both tourists had been involved in a number of interactions with bears in the past. Park Service sources said the two had been relocated the previous season to what were believed to be their home ranges, New York City and Austin, Texas. Despite the distance, both managed to return to Wyoming this year, intimidating grizzlies attempting to catch fish after emerging from hibernation.
    “Some may think tourists are ‘cute’ or ‘interesting,’” said one official. “But they can be very unpredictable and dangerous.”
    She recounted attempts last year to keep one of the tourists, known to rangers as “Al,” from approaching a grizzly with his camera to take closeups.
    “It was a close call for two of our rangers. Al suddenly swung his hiking stick at them. He caught one on the shoulder. They finally got a tranquilizer dart into him.”
    The other tourist, know as “Sonja,” had been seen several times feeding marshmallows to bears. Attempts to remove her from the area resulted in deep fingernail scratches on the neck and arms of two ranger. She also called them nasty names, one recalled.
    Acknowledging controversy over the policy of shooting tourists who return to areas habituated by bears, the assistant director said. “We can’t have it both ways. If we want our park safe for wildlife, then we have to do whatever is necessary to protect it.”
    Meanwhile, the Congressional Subcommittee on National Parks, of the Interior Committee, announced an investigation into the policy authorizing the shootings. “It’s a real shame when something this unfortunate happens,” said the committee chairman. “It could have been avoided with more reasonable policies.” Hearings begin as soon as Congress returns from the summer recess.
    (Note: The above “National Park press release” is literary sarcasm at its very best, and this piece was first run in the High Country News of Paonia, Colorado, in an April, 1991 edition. I received permission to reprint it. We ran it twice before but feel it is well worth another shot. Author of this perfect satire is Mark Flower of Longmont, Colorado. Many thanks again to Mark, and a special thanks to Betsy Marston, Editor of the High Country News)
    G. George Ostrom is a national award-winning columnist for Hungry Horse News. He lives in Kalispell.
    Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Wow, this is some gruesome shit. I'm staying inside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America
    This list is missing at least one brown bear kill. Haines Bourough AK 1973 - guy I worked with logging (Joe, can't remember last name) had a boar come into their moose camp and attacked. Pretty fuckin gruesome from the story I got - punctured Joes skull with his teeth. They put three shots from .44 handguns on his head and one in the throat. The head shots left divots in the skull but didn't penetrate.

Next season we had a brownie come into our logging camp (single wide mobile homes on skids) on Admiralty Island. Tore the door off the cook shack, then the door on a locked chest freezer, ate a bunch, drooled on the rest, broke all the windows and walked out through a wall. Going out to work the next day was a little unsettling. Camp manager shot him the next evening when he came back. Buried him with a D8.

I took a job at the mill in Haines the next season

You know, when the argument comes up that we are bad guys because all the large predators have been killed off, I think, fine, I really don't want to live with the fear of being eaten alive.

Well, we are the largest predator, after all .....

You know, when the argument comes up that we are bad guys because all the large predators have been killed off, I think, fine, I really don't want to live with the fear of being eaten alive.
    I would imagine that fear keeps you awake at night there where bankers breed.

Hey, we have large cats and bears and zombies in Ct..

It is a great feeling to hike and camp in the company of beasts that can kill and eat you.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This list is missing at least one brown bear kill. Haines Bourough AK 1973 - guy I worked with logging (Joe, can't remember last name) had a boar come into their moose camp and attacked. Pretty fuckin gruesome from the story I got - punctured Joes skull with his teeth. They put three shots from .44 handguns on his head and one in the throat. The head shots left divots in the skull but didn't penetrate.

Next season we had a brownie come into our logging camp (single wide mobile homes on skids) on Admiralty Island. Tore the door off the cook shack, then the door on a locked chest freezer, ate a bunch, drooled on the rest, broke all the windows and walked out through a wall. Going out to work the next day was a little unsettling. Camp manager shot him the next evening when he came back. Buried him with a D8.

Wow. Incredible experiences.

i read about Brigitta Fredenhagen on the tw services bus to my first job in yellowstone in 85 the summer after she was killed. i never had one good night of sleep in the yellowstone bc because of it. not a single one of many over multiple seasons. scared shitless more than a few times. i've had black bear encounters in oregon and i sleep like a baby here.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    It is a great feeling to hike and camp in the company of beasts that can kill and eat you.

Wow. Incredible experiences.
    Hollow tips? I can't imagine steel not making that kill with a .44
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It's my park, I paid for it with my taxes. I can do what ever the fuck I want. I own that bison, and he's going to know it.
    And that is the slippery slope to man on bison sex in Yellowstone National Park.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Hollow tips? I can't imagine steel not making that kill with a .44
    Grizzlies have a two inch thick skull plate. I have read of many instances of bullets not penetrating. Which is why bear spray is supposedly a more effective defense.

[QUOTE=Benny Profane;4747146]An elk this time. Love the badass way he stands there and stares everyone down after the charge. Too bad you can't see the impact.

Freakin morons

Good, Montana doesn't want you visiting anyways.