Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Good. Hopefully he didn't have offspring.
    Exactly, end that gene pool w/ such a good decision.

Hey you! get out of the gene pool
    #nolifeguardnecessary

There should be a sign at the entrances now: "Welcome to Yellowstone National Park. You're probably going to die, or at least be maimed. Don't be a dumbass. Enjoy your visit."

Yellowstone forced to shoot rogue tourists

National Park Service officials today confirmed reports of the shooting of two tourists in Yellowstone Park early this season. The shootings were authorized under a newly implemented policy to protect bears.
    “I know this sort of thing upsets people,” said an assistant director. “But we had no choice in dealing with the problem. Human-grizzly encounters are simply too dangerous. We attempted relocation of both tourists, but they just returned the next season. The potential danger to bears had become too great, and we had to remove these tourists permanently.”
    Apparently both tourists had been involved in a number of interactions with bears in the past. Park Service sources said the two had been relocated the previous season to what were believed to be their home ranges, New York City and Austin, Texas. Despite the distance, both managed to return to Wyoming this year, intimidating grizzlies attempting to catch fish after emerging from hibernation.
    “Some may think tourists are ‘cute’ or ‘interesting,’” said one official. “But they can be very unpredictable and dangerous.”
    She recounted attempts last year to keep one of the tourists, known to rangers as “Al,” from approaching a grizzly with his camera to take closeups.
    “It was a close call for two of our rangers. Al suddenly swung his hiking stick at them. He caught one on the shoulder. They finally got a tranquilizer dart into him.”
    The other tourist, know as “Sonja,” had been seen several times feeding marshmallows to bears. Attempts to remove her from the area resulted in deep fingernail scratches on the neck and arms of two ranger. She also called them nasty names, one recalled.
    Acknowledging controversy over the policy of shooting tourists who return to areas habituated by bears, the assistant director said. “We can’t have it both ways. If we want our park safe for wildlife, then we have to do whatever is necessary to protect it.”
    Meanwhile, the Congressional Subcommittee on National Parks, of the Interior Committee, announced an investigation into the policy authorizing the shootings. “It’s a real shame when something this unfortunate happens,” said the committee chairman. “It could have been avoided with more reasonable policies.” Hearings begin as soon as Congress returns from the summer recess.
    (Note: The above “National Park press release” is literary sarcasm at its very best, and this piece was first run in the High Country News of Paonia, Colorado, in an April, 1991 edition. I received permission to reprint it. We ran it twice before but feel it is well worth another shot. Author of this perfect satire is Mark Flower of Longmont, Colorado. Many thanks again to Mark, and a special thanks to Betsy Marston, Editor of the High Country News)
    G. George Ostrom is a national award-winning columnist for Hungry Horse News. He lives in Kalispell.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yellowstone forced to shoot rogue tourists

National Park Service officials today confirmed reports of the shooting of two tourists in Yellowstone Park early this season. The shootings were authorized under a newly implemented policy to protect bears.
    “I know this sort of thing upsets people,” said an assistant director. “But we had no choice in dealing with the problem. Human-grizzly encounters are simply too dangerous. We attempted relocation of both tourists, but they just returned the next season. The potential danger to bears had become too great, and we had to remove these tourists permanently.”
    Apparently both tourists had been involved in a number of interactions with bears in the past. Park Service sources said the two had been relocated the previous season to what were believed to be their home ranges, New York City and Austin, Texas. Despite the distance, both managed to return to Wyoming this year, intimidating grizzlies attempting to catch fish after emerging from hibernation.
    “Some may think tourists are ‘cute’ or ‘interesting,’” said one official. “But they can be very unpredictable and dangerous.”
    She recounted attempts last year to keep one of the tourists, known to rangers as “Al,” from approaching a grizzly with his camera to take closeups.
    “It was a close call for two of our rangers. Al suddenly swung his hiking stick at them. He caught one on the shoulder. They finally got a tranquilizer dart into him.”
    The other tourist, know as “Sonja,” had been seen several times feeding marshmallows to bears. Attempts to remove her from the area resulted in deep fingernail scratches on the neck and arms of two ranger. She also called them nasty names, one recalled.
    Acknowledging controversy over the policy of shooting tourists who return to areas habituated by bears, the assistant director said. “We can’t have it both ways. If we want our park safe for wildlife, then we have to do whatever is necessary to protect it.”
    Meanwhile, the Congressional Subcommittee on National Parks, of the Interior Committee, announced an investigation into the policy authorizing the shootings. “It’s a real shame when something this unfortunate happens,” said the committee chairman. “It could have been avoided with more reasonable policies.” Hearings begin as soon as Congress returns from the summer recess.
    (Note: The above “National Park press release” is literary sarcasm at its very best, and this piece was first run in the High Country News of Paonia, Colorado, in an April, 1991 edition. I received permission to reprint it. We ran it twice before but feel it is well worth another shot. Author of this perfect satire is Mark Flower of Longmont, Colorado. Many thanks again to Mark, and a special thanks to Betsy Marston, Editor of the High Country News)
    G. George Ostrom is a national award-winning columnist for Hungry Horse News. He lives in Kalispell.
    #HarambeMatters
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I saw 4 bull elk just down the road this evening

6 lions have been killed within a mile of our farm this spring. They feast on our sheep- we have taken a beating with losses
    my parents lost a lot of goats and pets to big cats not far from you.

Read this morning that due to the acidic water and high temps that there is essentially nothing to recover from the guy that went into the hotsprings at Norris. He was something like 225 yards off of the boardwalk.

Oh, you mean Soupy?

edit: Or was it Stew?
    Last edited by iceman; 06-09-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    funny shit, should be required watch before entrance to park

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Oh, you mean Soupy?

edit: Or was it Stew?
    Stu? Hardly knew him.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Score another one for the critters. I laughed:

http://fox4kc.com/2015/06/02/second-...son-encounter/
    Honest to god. I wonder if we can discover whether the Aussies getting slaughtered are actually Asian-Australians. It seems like Caucasian-Australians should be acclimated to dangerous critters by now, but maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Yes we need dogs badly but only puppies seem to be available -> they would get killed quick.

Our temp solution is penning at night but they still sometimes come thru during the day
    Get a llama...

Guy who fell into geyser will not have his body recovered.

http://ktla.com/2016/06/09/body-of-2...-be-recovered/

Another clueless tourist vs Yellowstone wildlife

Nothing to recover.

More tourons filmed and busted for leaving the walkways at pristine geyser area, less then one week after the last guy died
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465595588.499344.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	183620

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Guy who fell into geyser will not have his body recovered.

http://ktla.com/2016/06/09/body-of-2...-be-recovered/
    Was just reading about Ansel Adams shooting in the park, using his son Michael as an assistant. Michael's right leg slipped into a hot pool, and he had instant first and second degree burns that took six months to recover from.

Last year set a new record for visitors to Yellowstone, and so far this year is 14 percent above last year.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I heard that on the news this morning, and that bus traffic was way up too. I usually drive over early in the season once before it gets crazy. Guess I missed that window. Or, could drive over anyways and create tourist jams just for the hell of it when there's nothing there to see.

Wow, this is some gruesome shit. I'm staying inside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Last year set a new record for visitors to Yellowstone, and so far this year is 14 percent above last year.
    Huh, I would have thought everyone was staying in, fooling around on their devices.

I kinda wish that was the case.

"expert" Ha!

"Wallace's remains were found by hikers on the Mary Mountain Trail, northeast of Old Faithful.[25] Wallace was hiking alone.[26] An autopsy showed that Wallace died from a bear attack.[26] According to a report released by Yellowstone rangers, park officials attempted to give Wallace a lecture about bear safety, but he was not interested, calling himself a "grizzly bear expert".[27]
    DNA evidence later determined that the same sow that killed Brian Matayoshi July 6, 2011 was in the vicinity of Wallace's corpse, though it was not proved that this bear killed Wallace. The bear was killed by park officials.[28] Evidence showed that Wallace was attacked after sitting down on a log to eat a snack and the attack was predatory, rather than defensive."
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wow, this is some gruesome shit. I'm staying inside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America
    Meh. I live here and hike solo all the time (with a very lazy 13 y/o yellow lab). Just be bear aware and you will be fine. I see grizzlies on occasion, but have never been threatened by one. For the most part they are either scared of us humans, or they just don't give a fuck about us.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465595588.499344.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	183620
    That's some real deal cowboy shit right there.