Disaster Planning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1464806158.844510.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	703.9 KB 
ID:	183199

So do you have a plan if disaster strikes? It became painfully obvious to me last night that I don't. As our neighbors house went up in flames, threatening to spread to ours through the trees I was mentally scrambling trying to decide what to salvage should it come to that. And honestly at 2:30 in the morning with adrenaline pumping I had no idea.
    So make a plan, take 15 minutes from your busy life. It could make all the difference in the world.
    Although I have to admit I went all Blurred and got the garden hose out and doused embers for an hour.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I have copies of deeds, insurance policies, birth certificates etc. and old irreplaceable pics of my family in a safe deposit box. The rest of it can burn if it has to

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have copies of deeds, insurance policies, birth certificates etc. and old irreplaceable pics of my family in a safe deposit box. The rest of it can burn if it has to
    I will have the same by the end of the week. Scary shit.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Scary shit.
    I bet. What caused the fire?

Also, it's a good idea to take a bunch of pics of the contents of the house to show an insurance adjuster, mine are in the cloud but I keep meaning to print hard copies and put them in the safety deposit box too just because.

There was a thread on here recently (last few months) talking about evacuation plans maybe from the Fort McMurray thread, many of the same principles apply, except house fire so close may not be as much notice.

Yup. Ready to spend a month or two without electricity, gas and water when the cascadia quake fucks us all up here. Still need to get a safe deposit box for documents though on case of a house fire.

get a ar15 and mad ammo

gotta protect all those documents
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000