Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    The Force is strong tonight.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    I wonder whatever happened to that mag that had a mental breakdown in Salt Lake City. I remember that the SLC police took all of his guns because he was doing some not so rational things, maybe dui or something. What really caught my attention wasn't him or his predicament, but all of the mags that were sharing condolences for the police taking away his guns. I thought it was crazy that so many mags were saddened by the loss of all his guns because the police deemed him unstable. I hope that he got himself sorted out.
    i dont think ejp was a mag
    he runs a sucessfull framing/contracting bidness and i have a bro who wood butchers for him occaisionally
    last i heard 13 was running a motor city starfucks
    funny thing is he roomed with my touring partner mr toaster at the gmd for a season
    whatever mrs. buttercups
    its obvious you got no tight lines game
    best stick to web trollin laps
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Have we covered snow_slider? ice? I seem to recall he was somewhat wrongfully attacked after calling out a maggette, and slinked away?

sick and ashamed and happy and wondering where Gin is these days.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure why snow_slider left, I wasn't aware of him being called out over anything in particular. He's a good guy, doesn't live far from me, I've been to his house and he came out to Solitude with Tipp and stayed with me maybe like geez almost 10 years ago? I am not a facebook person but I check it from time to time and see him on there. I think the big thing for him was having kids, they had been been trying for a long time.

Gin, I wish that guy would come back. What a seriously good thoughtful funny guy. We don't have many (any?) Quebecois these days. Speaking of Quebecois, remember dude le skibum? Guy was kinda wacky but had the most hard-core skiing story I think I've ever heard, hiking like 20 miles out of the BC backcountry solo holding his intestines in with one hand after he got speared by a branch....ouch.

SFB,
    Whatever happened to Luffski? He was one of the most entertaining posters on the site for a while.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Speaking of Quebecois, remember dude le skibum? Guy was kinda wacky but had the most hard-core skiing story I think I've ever heard, hiking like 20 miles out of the BC backcountry solo holding his intestines in with one hand after he got speared by a branch....ouch.
    That's it! I remembered the guy, but couldn't remember the name. I remember that story, too. He talked me into getting the longer Seth Pistols, which I still have. They're actually my only pair of (accessible) skis. Other pair are in Mr. Altagirl's garage.

Welcome back, jfrost.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i dont think ejp was a mag
    he runs a sucessfull framing/contracting bidness and i have a bro who wood butchers for him occaisionally
    last i heard 13 was running a motor city starfucks
    funny thing is he roomed with my touring partner mr toaster at the gmd for a season
    whatever mrs. buttercups
    its obvious you got no tight lines game
    best stick to web trollin laps
    Cool, glad to hear ejp is doing well. I wish I could understand sfbumese better. I can't tell if SFB is taking a dig at me or someone else or what

Gin, I wish that guy would come back. What a seriously good thoughtful funny guy. We don't have many (any?) Quebecois these days. Speaking of Quebecois, remember dude le skibum? Guy was kinda wacky but had the most hard-core skiing story I think I've ever heard, hiking like 20 miles out of the BC backcountry solo holding his intestines in with one hand after he got speared by a branch....ouch.
    Was that Dude le or his buddy Gorillo or something?

Sluffer
    Lemon
    Hev
    STD
    Cletus

they are all my real friends but don't post and like Ice I don't facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post

Bohdi...He always invited me to go to a bar in Pacific Beach to watch Ohio State football games and while it was cordial of him.... it wasnt my thing.
    Bohdi was 86ed from that place for being drunk and belligerent (in the morning). So he transfered to another place that showed OSU games that happened to be a mile from my place. Saw his Exterra one fall Saturday AM and followed him there to say "hi". We had a falling out a year or two earlier, so not much to say, but his GF came to my car with me to meet my then dog. But she really just wanted to get away from him for a bit.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Was that Dude le or his buddy Gorillo or something?
    I think you're right. I think it was Gorillo (aka Phil?).

Also, stump832!

Yeah now I think it was Gorillo too, I can't find it though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah now I think it was Gorillo too, I can't find it though.
    I thought there was another version of it somewhere, but I don't see it
    From splat:

Whoa.......just got an email from Gorilla, who impaled himself ona stump in the Rogers Pass b/c when his sluff knocked him over a ledge. Check this shit out from his writing...

... Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, I got a two inch hole in my abdominal wall and there is a chunk of intestines hanging out. Talk about your hernia ! I secure it as best I can using my long underwear to hold it all in ( yeah, that didn't work). I decide not to tell her what I find.

She arrive back by my side and I get a lick and a kiss from...the dog. " On y va." I follow her tracks in the fresh snow. At every twenty paces or so I have to stop and gather myself. The first section is flat traversing, I can handle that fine. My right leg only moves about one quater of it's range and I can't lift it off the snow. All I can do is glide it along kinda like a limp leg.
    The second section is a not so steep downhill. I have to put pressure on my bad leg and I have no control. I use my good leg to steer. Every bump provoque a braveheart-when-he-gets-tortured-at-the-end type pain. Mighty looks at me and smiles, a kind, loving, peaceful smile, the kind of smile that will get you to walk 3km out of the woods with your intestines hanging out.

I'm at the one step at a time pace, not knowing when I gonna pass out for good. We keep going till we get to the mine field. All I can think about is this is gonna hurt. Mighty leads the way finding the smouthest path. At this point when I rest on my ski poles I pass out. I loose touch for a second and have to slap my ass back to reality. How I would like to just lay there and roll into a warm sleep.

So we make it one steep closer to the road and we can hear th cars and trucks. One more push and we there. Breaks are shorter and we move fast. The last crawl is up the snow bank to the rollo onto the road.

What was it and hour and a half till the ambulance got there. No one wanted to transport us to town. Mighty was fighting hard, but to no avail. I was left on my hands and knee in the slush on the side of the highway in the wet snow for a little while till she braught me a sleeping pad, covered me with a sleeping bag and a bivy sac. I was cold, very cold. Some rangers get there and decide they wanna move me into a truck. They try and move me but I start puking from the pain. I tell ya puking when your avbs are ripped ( in a literal meaning) and your intestines are hanging out. The pain of the puking makes me puke even more. I have to make myself stop...

Still at this point no one knows that my intestines are out of my stomack and in my long underwear.

The ambulance finaly gets there and they load me up. Revelstoke only town where the ambulance attendants wear avalanche transievers, I found that kinda cool. Inside they ask me what happened again. Talking is reduced to a whisper and it hurts. You use your abs a lot when you talk. I tell them exactly what I know. They cut my pants and underwear fully exposing my abdomen and jowls for that matter. She was kinda cute the ambulance attendant and I was laying there naked with my bowls and bawls exposed, gezz what a first expression.

The ski out extended my cut to six inches and I had a foot of intestines hanging out.

Heal up, Gorilla. You did good. Helluva gnarly tale!

Still gnar.

That was fun to read.

I miss the old TGR days, boy we had fun. I continue to see the many good friends made here (Meatdrink and Meats of Evil, Viva, Barnballs, SuPu - and sometimes get to hear Splat's voice).

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    and Cantdog....hope you got the woodshop in order!
    Wood shop was in order for a bit and now it's in storage while I'm in Boston...but hoping to ship it up in a few years. Aiming for Vermont summer 2020.

also - in 2009, we all friended each other on FB (there was a thread), so I see everyone, still. GoNads fucking rocks her snowmobile, BadRoo explores Australia in cool cars, Divegirl and Lego have a shredding maggette in the making, Beandip attends a lot of conferences, Tuffy is a family man, Mrs Roo is a PhD and remarried, Meatdrink has entered the concert producing arena with his incredible Ogden Twilight Series, Viva moved far away, and for Ice: I'm on my 3rd Allroad.

Ha, I'm still on my first one, an '04. I mostly stay away from the facebook but I was on there because of this thread and saw this gem from phUnk:

"People don't think black holes be like it is, but it do." -Stephen Hawking (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Bohdi was 86ed from that place for being drunk and belligerent (in the morning).
    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds about right.

Thanks for inviting me to tag along when I lived in SD.

Dude le skibum, he was a crazy quebecois. I invited to join us in Poland cause he just happened to post he was looking for somewhere new to go ski. We drove him crazy calling him Dudely the whole trip. I can still hear him chastising us - "It's Dood Luh skibum, not Dudely skibum!" Once he said that, it was just Dudely.

0BernhardFranz

f2f

Rontele
    Anyone pm him lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Rontele
    Anyone pm him lately ?
    Dude needs to douche his inbox.