Ft Lauderdale Next Week

Going to be down there for work next week staying at the Hilton Marina. Won't have a car and have the first afternoon/ evening to myself and early mornings.

Looks like my options are take an Uber to fish the canals for peacock bass while trying not to get snagged by a gator or fish the marinas amongst all the mansions, which would require a boat.

Any suggestions for someone on foot with limited time? Quiver is only a 5wt or 8wt, not looking to hire a guide either. Not sure if surf fishing for snook is available this time of year or there's a public park/ marina I could get into the random saltwater fish here or there.

Check for piers nearby. Pier fishing this time of year is so much fun. They will rent you all the stuff you need. If the pier has lights close enough to shore, you should be able to flyfish the lights. Early AM is great for snook on the beach.

Mornings and evenings on the beech for snook is the recommendation from the shop in Boca Raton, will probably go with that and fully expecting to get skunked.

Leave the 5 wt at home.

Clousers are all you need- try black at night/evening

Just find any light source shining into the water, and you will see Snook. Fish the outer perimeter of the light with a shrimp pattern- bounce it off the bottom through the light. If you can, tip it with real shrimp pieces.

so you down there now? If yes, any fishing yet? I'm coming Wed night and there through the weekend. I don't know much about salt either, but I gotta 8 weight. I'm staying down in Miami.