Where is the best place to ski in May?

In general (whatever that means), not this season specifically. I've been thinking about this one a bunch recently.
    Eastern Sierra? NW volcanoes? San Juans? Somewhere in Canada? Alaska Range? Lyngen? Chamonix? Himalaya?

Colorado for pow, Sierra for corn

Abasin

May is a long month. Good skiing at Snowbird, A-Basin, Andermatt, Hintertux, Denali....lots of places
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Depends on what you want to do, but touring the sierra east side, or skiing Mammoth is always good in May. Some pow, lots of corn, many options. Utah is ways good for lift served at the 'bird. Europe can be hit or miss. A lot of places are close by mid April due to FS contracts.

I just got off Mt Shasta, and if you want to climb for your turns it is consistently deep in May, but better later, just for more options.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Abasin and summit county FTW! Seriously

This year it looked like summit county was getting good snow in May, so there is that.
    In WA I had several 2000-5000ft descents right to my car. Great spring touring up here

Many ski areas wind down their seasons by the end of March and most by mid-April but a handful of the more snow-sure destinations make a feature of their late-spring skiing in May.

I will put in another vote for Mammoth in May. I have had many great corn days there.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

the alps are pretty good in may. not for skiing Resorts id say, but prime time for spring touring, if the weather cooperates. it gets quite empty in the mountains (except in Chamonix obvisously, still crowded there) which is a nice bonus...

freak~[&]

Between 3000m and 5000m in Kluane National Park / Wrangell St Elias NP. Look out for slots! At times you almost can't miss 'em, unfortunately.

Or the Canadian Rockies.
    Life is not lift served.

Not in Oregon. It never snows here and when it does it sucks.

Hard to beat the combined easy access and big vert of the East Sierra corn cycles. NW volcanos maybe similar but with harder access and shittier weather. Too hot in the San Juans. Reckon beard-san is close to target and late May can be prime time in the AK range too. Too late for Lyngen. Spring touring in the alps sounds fun, probably better food than in the Himalaya. May goes strong in Iceland and Svalbard. Finmark? Killington?

I wouldn't say may is too late for lyngen or really most places in Norway. Svalbard can be hit or miss in may without a boat, but is often our best skiing.

Solid bump haha.