Pickle ball is the answer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screensho1(4).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	390876
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Let’s talk water: do you drink half your body weight in water everyday? And add more when doing a day of skiing or biking? And add more if you’re at altitude? And how do you not pee it all out quickly? Add a electrolyte tablet?
    40 litres of water? Or is it some strange American unit conversion I don't get ...like 40 dwarf shoes of water?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Let’s talk water: do you drink half your body weight in water everyday? And add more when doing a day of skiing or biking? And add more if you’re at altitude? And how do you not pee it all out quickly? Add a electrolyte tablet?
    When thirsty, when yellow pee sighted, and pre-drinking before a long hike or bike ride. I don't measure it. Altitude, yeah I try to drink a bit more, def one glass on arrival. I have a 6 cup filter and refill it about twice a day, so maybe 8-10 cups (includes a cup or two for cooking, some evaporates or gets drained). Hmm... 8-10 cups = 64-80oz, that's below to about half my weight. Maybe you're onto something with that ratio. I also eat fruit and veggies, so some liquid there. Add a beer or a soda every other day. Most days I'm pretty sedentary (why am I in this thread?).

Peeing tends to follow drinking within an hour or two unless I'm sweating a lot. 3 times to start the day for sure - on rising, after breakfast, at the slopes. Maybe add another if I'm in a morning caffeine phase. FWIW, I also drink on rising and with breakfast. If I'm peeing a lot during the day, I take it as a sign to drink less. Hyponatremia is bad. Too much water -> die in a few hours. No water -> die in a few days. There's a very broad happy middle. Kidneys are awesome.

My understanding is aging leads to more nighttime kidney activity, hence need to pee, so something to look forward to.

I think you mean drink an ounce of water per pound of body weight? You would die of hyponatremia drinking the amount of water that you are suggesting.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^^Even then, that’s like 25 cups per day for a 200 lb man
    Recommendations I’ve seen are 6-8 cups plus exercise loss

I never measure, I look at my pee and if it's not clear, I drink more

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I think you mean drink an ounce of water per pound of body weight? You would die of hyponatremia drinking the amount of water that you are suggesting.
    Sorry, yes that’s what I meant!!

Not sure how much to add in when skiing at altitude. I used to be able to get away with maybe a half a camelpak bladder when skiing but more recently the past few seasons, I’ve gotten headaches later that evening or the next day, which makes me think I’m not drinking enough consistently on and after ski days.

trying to eat healthy in this country is impossible, I side with the idea that they are putting so much shit in food that it has turned into a drug that we crave and gives us a feel good rush similar to drugs and alcohol

a couple years ago I was in wall mart checking out and a larger woman was complaining to the cashier about how expensive food is and how trying to feed her family on the dollar menu wasn't that cheap anymore, all I wanted to say is you can live off of rice and beans, half the world does and is just fine and it's healthy

for the past two years I've had to watch my diet and it sucks balls, I used to eat 3-6 donuts a day, 1-2 sodas, all kinds of sugar, I was addicted, pretty much cut my sugar intake by 80% - 90%, look at the ingredients sugar is in almost all processed food, why does ketchup have sugar in it? Lucky for me as said above I had a "fast metabolism" that people always had to comment on fuck you people is what I wanted to say

getting in shape is hard, real hard if your not already in shape, once you start sliding that's it, getting out of that rut is so hard, it can be done, but in the internet instant gratification we want it to happen with a few pills, it takes weeks and months to really see results

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    trying to eat healthy in this country is impossible, I side with the idea that they are putting so much shit in food that it has turned into a drug that we crave and gives us a feel good rush similar to drugs and alcohol

a couple years ago I was in wall mart checking out and a larger woman was complaining to the cashier about how expensive food is and how trying to feed her family on the dollar menu wasn't that cheap anymore, all I wanted to say is you can live off of rice and beans, half the world does and is just fine and it's healthy

for the past two years I've had to watch my diet and it sucks balls, I used to eat 3-6 donuts a day, 1-2 sodas, all kinds of sugar, I was addicted, pretty much cut my sugar intake by 80% - 90%, look at the ingredients sugar is in almost all processed food, why does ketchup have sugar in it? Lucky for me as said above I had a "fast metabolism" that people always had to comment on fuck you people is what I wanted to say

getting in shape is hard, real hard if your not already in shape, once you start sliding that's it, getting out of that rut is so hard, it can be done, but in the internet instant gratification we want it to happen with a few pills, it takes weeks and months to really see results
    I’m confused, it’s impossible to eat healthy in this country? What about beans and rice, like you posted. Our access to fresh fruit and vegetables is amazing. It’s not really expensive either. The problem is time and laziness in regards to diet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To help you make good choices there is a white label on every food product that tells you whats in the box or can, it even tells you how much a portion is

Some people cook shitty and/or have no will power to make the good choices in Diet and then blame someone besides themselves
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m confused, it’s impossible to eat healthy in this country? What about beans and rice, like you posted. Our access to fresh fruit and vegetables is amazing. It’s not really expensive either. The problem is time and laziness in regards to diet.
    I agree with Fred that there is a systemic issue in the US - it's education more than access, though. We don't really teach or encourage healthy eating. If you look at school lunches (even in nice areas that aren't food deserts) they are low quality, heavily processed foods. If you aren't taught about eating healthy at home or at school, you'll naturally make choices that aren't good for your long term health.

Most Americans don't consider their health until something goes wrong. Beans, rice, and veg are cheap but a lot of our country doesn't know anything other than McDonalds and Bojangles. Cost and availability are definitely issues in some places, but to me the education is the missing link.

Yeah, definitely not impossible. But not the norm, not what we're taught. Takes some effort. And we are conditioned to want the other stuff.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

since I'm never clear and got lots of thoughts....

it is very easy for anyone to eat a well balanced healthy meal 3 times a day 7 days a week in this country

the problem is we are presented every second with, is shit food that creates a click in our head and gets us excited to eat, the shit food is everywhere and yes you can shop and eat properly, but it's much easier to give in and make yourself "feel good" by not eating what is healthy

when you see a commercial on tv for a fast food hamburger or chips or some sort of gooey yummy food, it triggers your head to go yum I need that even though the proper option is an apple and maybe raw granola?

^^^ very true. Not to mention all the beer people consume watching football all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    since I'm never clear and got lots of thoughts....

it is very easy for anyone to eat a well balanced healthy meal 3 times a day 7 days a week in this country
    Not true. See 'food deserts'.
    https://www.aecf.org/blog/exploring-...s-food-deserts

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I agree with Fred that there is a systemic issue in the US - it's education more than access, though. We don't really teach or encourage healthy eating. If you look at school lunches (even in nice areas that aren't food deserts) they are low quality, heavily processed foods. If you aren't taught about eating healthy at home or at school, you'll naturally make choices that aren't good for your long term health.

Most Americans don't consider their health until something goes wrong. Beans, rice, and veg are cheap but a lot of our country doesn't know anything other than McDonalds and Bojangles. Cost and availability are definitely issues in some places, but to me the education is the missing link.
    Truth

To add:
    - We can thank the corn farmers' lobby and HFCS for fucking up our health as well
    - Processed carbs are cheap, easy to prepare and have a long shelf life - notsomuch for fresh fruit/vegetables, lean meats or fish.
    - Veggies take a bunch of prep to make palatable

my go-to for healthy eating right now is lentils.

protein, fiber, potassium.

tasty, too.

Kind of off topic but they should bring back home ec in high school. Teach kids to find a recipe, make a shopping list, buy food, and cook something where they know the ingredients. Unless you're buying Wagyu beef and lobster all the time, cooking decent food from basic ingredients is going to be cheaper and healthier than some prepackaged heat-to-serve frozen thing or takeout. Also cover personal finance - paying bills, budgeting, how credit cards work, home loans, 401k, etc..

^^^While I don't disagree in principle about the benefits of Home Ec education, from Buster's cite above https://www.aecf.org/blog/exploring-...s-food-deserts
    Healthy food costs more. When researchers from Brown University and Harvard University studied diet patterns and costs, they found that the healthiest diets — meals rich in vegetables, fruits, fish and nuts — were, on average, $1.50 more expensive per day than diets rich in processed foods, meats and refined grains. For families living paycheck to paycheck, the higher cost of healthy food could make it inaccessible even when it’s readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    my go-to for healthy eating right now is lentils.

protein, fiber, potassium.

tasty, too.
    Do you mix them with something?

Do you mix them with something?
    farting
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's pretty bizarre we have an obesity crisis in this country when the solutions are so obvious. Just gotta get the experts from TGR out there and our public health would improve a lot.

Unbelievable ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    It's pretty bizarre we have an obesity crisis in this country when the solutions are so obvious. Just gotta get the experts from TGR out there and our public health would improve a lot.

Unbelievable ROI.
    The solutions are obvious, and quite simple - "don't eat garbage" and "be physically active" gets you 80% of the way there. Simple. Not necessarily easy though.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Bootlicking the Ridge would get you in phenomenal shape AND provide a valuable service to the Colorado maggots.
    Get to it!

sorry don't buy the food desert thing one of those made up metrics

one case study in denver is a low income place called sun valley mostly projects surrounded by industrial
    these people can all walk a mile (exercise?) to get to Federal Blvd which has access to some of the freshest food available in the city
    the san luis valley is also listed as a food desert but it is a big agricultural area