Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

First he has to have his secretary make it
    I do sadly. She's all up on the Facebook activism, and I can't find the French Flag filter in MS Paint. Any tips?

#computerliteracymatters
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Holy shit post it here I have to use that!!
    Ok, thank you Internet and your endless help tools. Here you go:

Name:  image.png
Views: 2510
Size:  418.6 KB
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 07-09-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Online Activism 2016 Thread

Heh. Awesome. You mind if I use it?
    Oops never mind forgot I already asked/requested/demanded. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Heh. Awesome. You mind if I use it?
    Oops never mind forgot I already asked/requested/demanded. Thanks!
    By all means! Online activism isn't owned by anyone. We're all in this together. Besides, I'm going to laugh my ass off if I see it show up on my feed a few weeks from now.

#internetfamous

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 379
Size:  48.7 KB

I'll bill you for the marketing Jimmy. My usual hourly rate of course. We're behind you brother.

Ehhh I think the text should be up top do you can see the whole state seal.

Or use the gta wasted filter

Better? Jimmy, your thoughts?

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 567
Size:  55.3 KB

So how does the lion jockey fit into the picture?

Online Activism 2016 Thread

^^only to keep the writing in tact, personally I like to push it

This could elevate social media activism to a Warhol-esque level.

Yo DD,

Take this and go get spancered.

Many thanks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I'm loving seeing everyone's vacation pics on my faceplace feed of that time they were in Nice and took a picture on the Promenade des Anglais. Yeah, I've been there too bro. Solidarity in Cote d'azur pics man.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Man, it's been a banner year for pecking away screeds on the internet hasn't it?

FWIW, I haven't posted on FB or Instagram in years, don't own a twatter account and no fucking clue what anything else is but during these COVID times I'll admit to scrolling through the feeds to kill some dead time. What I've found is I have a very, very interesting person on my feed, and old dentistry school classmate, and I'm curious if she's an outlier or the norm these days cause I don't see anyone else like her.

I'd call her a causehead, or at least addicted to causes. She had the boycott the Cincinnati Zoo and images of Harambe, the French Flag filter and everything else that's been mentioned upthread, but since COVID lockdown hit sometime around March 1, it's been like watching someone melt down in real time on a daily basis. Train wrecks pale in the ability to garner attention. Interneters of all stripes are drawn to her rambling, chiding rants and reposts like the salmon of Capistrano.

It started with COVID: Wash your fucking hands, stay the fuck at home, get a fucking test...

Then when the cop killings hit it became part I'm a superior ally than you, part everyone but me is complicit in racial genocide, part look-at-me I'm winning the award for retweeting anyone of color's posts more than anyone else ever - she got asked to leave a BLM group of dentist alumnus because she was domineering the feed.

Then came pride week which came with more of the same: she's a bigger ally, you're not doing enough, torching what anyone would have thought were longtime friends because they were not as virtuous as her (ie getting in fights with strangers on the internet) - and then getting asked to be a quieter "ally" by several LGBT members

Then came the politicization of mask wearing, reopening and the like. Scorched fucking earth posting style ensued.

July 4th? Fuck that noise, July force my shit on you, motherfucker.

She's been, from what I've observed, "working" from home since March 1. By my loose estimation I'd say she spends anywhere between 8-10 hours a day, I'm not fucking kidding, posting 1300 word rants and offending those she disagrees with AND completely alienating those that she does.

I now completely understand why my wife is addicted to Bravo - you can't not look.

Personally, I agree with the general thrust of what she rails about, not that it matters. The way she employs her activism, one angry, self-righteous keystroke at a time, is so grating and yet completely fascinating to watch.

On one hand I'm amazed her employer hasn't said, hey, how are you billing hours while maintaining such a strong social presence? On the other I'm wondering how her 3 year old kid and husband, both quarantining with her, are dealing with similar questions.

Either way, I haven't seen a single other poster like her: totally hell-bent on regurgitating the most-trending social posts and screeds of the day while shaming those who agree and disagree with her all in a seemingly endless quest to out-virtue the internet. She was fucking built for 2020, I'll tell you that.

So, I guess the question is: make more popcorn; ignore function; or document this unicorn from a purely unbiased, scientific vantage point (assuming I can monetize it)?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Either way, I haven't seen a single other poster like her: totally hell-bent on regurgitating the most-trending social posts and screeds of the day while shaming those who agree and disagree with her all in a seemingly endless quest to out-virtue the internet.
    Witherspoon is so easily forgotten??

How's she feel about Kony?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Man, it's been a banner year for pecking away screeds on the internet hasn't it?

FWIW, I haven't posted on FB or Instagram in years, don't own a twatter account and no fucking clue what anything else is but during these COVID times I'll admit to scrolling through the feeds to kill some dead time. What I've found is I have a very, very interesting person on my feed, and old dentistry school classmate, and I'm curious if she's an outlier or the norm these days cause I don't see anyone else like her.

I'd call her a causehead, or at least addicted to causes. She had the boycott the Cincinnati Zoo and images of Harambe, the French Flag filter and everything else that's been mentioned upthread, but since COVID lockdown hit sometime around March 1, it's been like watching someone melt down in real time on a daily basis. Train wrecks pale in the ability to garner attention. Interneters of all stripes are drawn to her rambling, chiding rants and reposts like the salmon of Capistrano.

It started with COVID: Wash your fucking hands, stay the fuck at home, get a fucking test...

Then when the cop killings hit it became part I'm a superior ally than you, part everyone but me is complicit in racial genocide, part look-at-me I'm winning the award for retweeting anyone of color's posts more than anyone else ever - she got asked to leave a BLM group of dentist alumnus because she was domineering the feed.

Then came pride week which came with more of the same: she's a bigger ally, you're not doing enough, torching what anyone would have thought were longtime friends because they were not as virtuous as her (ie getting in fights with strangers on the internet) - and then getting asked to be a quieter "ally" by several LGBT members

Then came the politicization of mask wearing, reopening and the like. Scorched fucking earth posting style ensued.

July 4th? Fuck that noise, July force my shit on you, motherfucker.

She's been, from what I've observed, "working" from home since March 1. By my loose estimation I'd say she spends anywhere between 8-10 hours a day, I'm not fucking kidding, posting 1300 word rants and offending those she disagrees with AND completely alienating those that she does.

I now completely understand why my wife is addicted to Bravo - you can't not look.

Personally, I agree with the general thrust of what she rails about, not that it matters. The way she employs her activism, one angry, self-righteous keystroke at a time, is so grating and yet completely fascinating to watch.

On one hand I'm amazed her employer hasn't said, hey, how are you billing hours while maintaining such a strong social presence? On the other I'm wondering how her 3 year old kid and husband, both quarantining with her, are dealing with similar questions.

Either way, I haven't seen a single other poster like her: totally hell-bent on regurgitating the most-trending social posts and screeds of the day while shaming those who agree and disagree with her all in a seemingly endless quest to out-virtue the internet. She was fucking built for 2020, I'll tell you that.

So, I guess the question is: make more popcorn; ignore function; or document this unicorn from a purely unbiased, scientific vantage point (assuming I can monetize it)?
    Post her feed. I like trainwrecks. What's her kink?

Has anyone ever admitted that Witherspoon was actually right about global warming?

Bmills friend Karen needs an invite to TGR
    . . .

Sure, I'll send, when I'm done feeding the ducks.

Sounds like the chick on the TV ad for the bipolar drug that stays up all night buying shit from Amazon for 2 weeks straight. Then has a mood swing where she wants to kill herself. I fantasize about going back to a time before I said "I do" and finding a chick like that for a brief, wild 2 week ride before the depression hits.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Who is Ken Keyes Jr?

How's she feel about Kony?
    #witherspoon=barista

She had a KONY shirt back then, I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Post her feed. I like trainwrecks. What's her kink?
    I'm not quite ready to toss her out there to the the wild. But she does have a public FB profile. It's part of the reason why she gets to argue with the entirety of the internet all day.

Her kink? I'd say outrage at this point, however back in dentistry school she was really into partying and hooking up. The first night I met her we walked into a bar and there she was rolling around on a pool table in a miniskirt with no panties on. My wife looked at me and said, this is going to be an interesting night.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bmills friend Karen needs an invite to TGR
    Can you really be invited to TRG, or are you called to it?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Sure, I'll send, when I'm done feeding the ducks.
    I should connect her with duck pond Karen, they'd get on great yelling over eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sounds like the chick on the TV ad for the bipolar drug that stays up all night buying shit from Amazon for 2 weeks straight. Then has a mood swing where she wants to kill herself. I fantasize about going back to a time before I said "I do" and finding a chick like that for a brief, wild 2 week ride before the depression hits.
    As mentioned above, I saw what that ride was like for a very close friend of mine back then. She fucked his world up so bad he took a year off school to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Who is Ken Keyes Jr?
    A long-winded (and probably old, slow and undersized) Marshawn Lynch. Who said it better: Take care of your mind, your body, and your chicken.