Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2444
  1. #2051
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    That's a sell signal "falls." Only buying long when something is about the 200 day is a losing strategy. I was really just commenting on the contrary chatter

  2. #2052
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That's a sell signal "falls." Only buying long when something is about the 200 day is a losing strategy. I was really just commenting on the contrary chatter
    Bear narrative very much in control at Tesla for anyone paying attention. I don't have any theta exposure there so there's no loss on my end for the passage of time. Were you impressed with their quarter or something? Seems odd to troll when you're the one losing.

  3. #2053
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    8,103

    Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

    Baillie Gifford just gave Elon a pretty substantial vote of confidence, fwiw.

    ETA - Not really in their interest to not give him a vote of confidence when they own billions of TSLA stock...
    Last edited by neufox47; 07-15-2019 at 04:54 PM.

  4. #2054
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    TSLA -13% as Q2 results show they're wholly incapable of making money. Something like $4,000 lost per car sold.

  5. #2055
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    720
    Profit is for little people.

  6. #2056
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    While in D.C. last weekend I was impressed with how many peeple were using the scooters. A legit useful product. But bird is running annualized revenue at $60M with most recent quarter losing money at an annualized rate of $400M. All backed by SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION in VC equity. I get the product is useful and is shaping modern inter-city travel. But the ability of companies to secure $700M in funding against a business plan that loses 6.5x total revenues just bottles my mind. Tesla really not much different, just much bigger numbers. Popular product with heavy losses after growth stops.

  7. #2057
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    TSLA -13% as Q2 results show they're wholly incapable of making money. Something like $4,000 lost per car sold.
    they can sell lots of cars at a loss - well done elon - well done

  8. #2058
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    While in D.C. last weekend I was impressed with how many peeple were using the scooters. A legit useful product. But bird is running annualized revenue at $60M with most recent quarter losing money at an annualized rate of $400M. All backed by SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION in VC equity. I get the product is useful and is shaping modern inter-city travel. But the ability of companies to secure $700M in funding against a business plan that loses 6.5x total revenues just bottles my mind. Tesla really not much different, just much bigger numbers. Popular product with heavy losses after growth stops.
    Their numbers never made sense to me. $1 + $.15/minute to ride. So if a Bird is rented 5 times a day at average of 10 minutes per ride, they collect $12.50 Less $5.00 to the guy that collects and charges it at the end of the day, so they clear $7.50. Here they were really popular when they first launched, but now the fad has worn off. And they get 0 use in the winter.

  9. #2059
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Their numbers never made sense to me. $1 + $.15/minute to ride. So if a Bird is rented 5 times a day at average of 10 minutes per ride, they collect $12.50 Less $5.00 to the guy that collects and charges it at the end of the day, so they clear $7.50. Here they were really popular when they first launched, but now the fad has worn off. And they get 0 use in the winter.
    can't find the link but came across an estimate that lifetime earnings for the scooter < cost to purchase scooter. You can't make that up on volume.

  10. #2060
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    can't find the link but came across an estimate that lifetime earnings for the scooter < cost to purchase scooter. You can't make that up on volume.
    I think I saw something about that too. Forgot to mention alot of them get tossed in dumpsters and rivers too. Now property owners in San Diego are having them impounded.

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/24/2...yft-uber-razor

  11. #2061
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,518

  12. #2062
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,046
    That won’t sway the True Believers.

    But it is pretty funny.

  13. #2063
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130
    A guy with $120 million to invest should listen to a couple of losers from Oregon:

    “We are delighted to be an investor in Boring. Boring is a great example of the disruptive playbook we look for,” Jurvetson told Bloomberg on behalf his VC firm Future Ventures.

    The deal also pushed the Boring Company’s valuation to $920 million, a company spokesperson confirmed. Reaching such near-unicorn status in less than three years is extremely rare by the startup-world standard.


    “The four largest tunnel companies in the U.S. were founded in the 1800s. Like the automotive and aerospace sectors, they haven’t faced a disruptive new entrant in their management’s collective lifetime,” Jurvetson said of the company’s prospects.

  14. #2064
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,159
    Nothing like related party investments to give a seal of approval!

    Jurvetson is a board member of both Tesla and SpaceX. Assets are regularly commingled between the 3 companys.

  15. #2065
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,518
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A guy with $120 million to invest should listen to a couple of losers from Oregon:

    “We are delighted to be an investor in Boring. Boring is a great example of the disruptive playbook we look for,” Jurvetson told Bloomberg on behalf his VC firm Future Ventures.

    The deal also pushed the Boring Company’s valuation to $920 million, a company spokesperson confirmed. Reaching such near-unicorn status in less than three years is extremely rare by the startup-world standard.


    “The four largest tunnel companies in the U.S. were founded in the 1800s. Like the automotive and aerospace sectors, they haven’t faced a disruptive new entrant in their management’s collective lifetime,” Jurvetson said of the company’s prospects.

    you and your underage korean golfer/elon musk boner are so cute.

  16. #2066
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,475
    How's that O'Hare tunnel going? Should be 35% done by now.

  17. #2067
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130

    Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

    Boring is Musks 6th company he’s founded with minimum $1 billion dollar valuation. His legacy of companies now employs well over 100k people.

  18. #2068
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,475
    And the Chicago tunnel is how far along?
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  19. #2069
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130

    Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    And the Chicago tunnel is how far along?
    If it gets approved which does seem unlikely.

    Did you see the hyperloop challenge attained 288 mph?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcru...top-speed/amp/

    https://www.spacex.com/hyperloop

    Inspiring young scientists is so pointless

  20. #2070
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,475
    288 mph in "micro" scale in a vacuum, so far from being in commercial use. Nice that Elon is using the young innovators to push tech in this area. There is no doubt this will be a future mode of transportation. Not likely in my lifetime a trip from Boston to LA will I take.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.38.18 PM.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	873.0 KB 
ID:	290018
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  21. #2071
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130

    Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

    Raising the bar:

    @elonmusk

    Jul 21
    Next year’s
    @Hyperloop
    competition will be in a 10km vacuum tunnel with a curve

  22. #2072
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,475
    And a hill???

















    Sorry, couldn't resist, I know that is the 2025 challenge.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  23. #2073
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Nice that Elon is using the young innovators to push tech in this area
    It's a scam. The young idiots provide free engineering to Elon, Elon does fuckall for them. Dumbshits like 4matic suck Elon's dick for work Elon never did.

  24. #2074
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    You guise may not believe me but a few weeks ago I flew 2,000 miles in a few hours for a weekend & came back early Monday. Spent the weekend on the other side of North America & didn't miss a day in the office. Safe, inexpensive & robust network schedules.

    Unreal!

    Name:  jets.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  38.1 KB

  25. #2075
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,130
    Was cool to watch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •