Page 135 of 254 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6330
    This is not the work of someone playing 4D chess:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B539A9D1-C62A-4886-9493-225521395E5C.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	434486

Just following the rules:

3.) Walk out of meetings and calls if you are not adding value

Used Tesla prices have declined 13.75% over the last 90 days.

By far the worst of any OEM.

Consequences of making yourself the king of your brand. When he burns he will blame the media. Dumbass it was your idea to try to be the next Steve Jobs but with cool memes to show you are hip

He is also losing the automated driving fight but the media isn't taking about how the driving industry is debating how dangerous it is to leave so complex and inaccurate the software decisions based on image and distance hardware is. It's over the common morons head but it's a huge thing being discussed upon in many government meetings. There is no second chance with massive roadway safety rules. You can't just dedicate lanes to automated cars and you definitely can't just build tunnels easily like Elon believes in his billionaire brain.

Part of me wants to applaud these employees, but then I remember that they live and work in the same bubble that created Elon. This shit does not apply to the regular world. I have so wanted to just hang up on a meeting and say fuck it though. That must feel great with unlimited backup plans.

Should change the thread title as there can't be anyone who still thinks the guy is remotely worthwhile. Always frustrating at how easily people get fooled by charlatans like Musk (reminds me of that crypto bro who just blew up--PR bullshit convinces a lot of people). Fuck those guys.
    [quote][//quote]

If Twitter plods along with 10% of the former staff what does that say about the rest of the tech bloat?

Maybe you don’t need 3x redundant engineers.

As happens so often, a REALLY smart person has their ego inflated to such a point that they start making REALLY stupid decisions.

I wonder if he is still thinking this is all part of the plan, or part of the neccessary "break down to build back up", or if he is privately shitting his pants?

Space Karen is gonna stick as a nickname.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    As happens so often, a REALLY smart person has their ego inflated to such a point that they start making REALLY stupid decisions
    No argument on the stupid decisions part, but I never thought the guy was anything close to really smart--certainly never saw any evidence of it, and IME even a slightly smart person wouldn't provide all the recent (and not so recent evidence) of being an unprincipled, semi-intelligent grifter. Guy's just not what he's been made out to be. I'll give you driven and monomaniacal--narcissistic, hyper-egotistical, etc., but not smart.

Most importantly, again, fuck him and all the Elon wannabes spewing the same self-serving shit.
    [quote][//quote]

I agree with the bloat. In todays corporate world everybody is a manager or supervisor. When we got bought by Lotus Development back in the day they basically demoted every manager down a level and no VP’s

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If Twitter plods along with 10% of the former staff what does that say about the rest of the tech bloat?

Ahh yes, sure will be interesting if things run as normal with greatly reduced engineering headcount.
    However the whole “hardcore”, “expect people to work early mornings late nights and weekends” suggests even Lord Musk doesn’t think thats possible.
    And thats not even getting to the non-engineer workforce……

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

as apparently many overseas workers, protected by law, looked at the email and said “it don’t mean shit”, how does that make the point?

if anything tge proof will be that grindset isn’t sustainable

Everything will be ok with 10% of the workforce until something goes wrong. Twitter especially has been pieced together over a decade and there are weird contingencies that no one person has a grasp of.

If there was, say a big database failure, some ex-Tweeps think there’s a possibility it could take weeks to get back up and running, if it can at all.

Eliminating bloat is a good goal, but shotgunning 90% of your workforce in two weeks is not how it’s done

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    He is also losing the automated driving fight but the media isn't taking about how the driving industry is debating how dangerous it is to leave so complex and inaccurate the software decisions based on image and distance hardware is. It's over the common morons head but it's a huge thing being discussed upon in many government meetings. There is no second chance with massive roadway safety rules. You can't just dedicate lanes to automated cars and you definitely can't just build tunnels easily like Elon believes in his billionaire brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Should change the thread title as there can't be anyone who still thinks the guy is remotely worthwhile. Always frustrating at how easily people get fooled by charlatans like Musk (reminds me of that crypto bro who just blew up--PR bullshit convinces a lot of people). Fuck those guys.
    I’m just glad he didn’t think to run for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Everything will be ok with 10% of the workforce until something goes wrong. Twitter especially has been pieced together over a decade and there are weird contingencies that no one person has a grasp of.

If there was, say a big database failure, some ex-Tweeps think there’s a possibility it could take weeks to get back up and running, if it can at all.

Eliminating bloat is a good goal, but shotgunning 90% of your workforce in two weeks is not how it’s done
    When we got bought by Silver Lake Partners they shut down geographic redundancy because they were willing to risk outages assuming it wouldn’t hurt client retention.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Part of me wants to applaud these employees, but then I remember that they live and work in the same bubble that created Elon. This shit does not apply to the regular world. I have so wanted to just hang up on a meeting and say fuck it though. That must feel great with unlimited backup plans.
    I don’t get this bootlicker bullshit. If you don’t have backups you aren’t worth shit. Anyone making any kind of money in anything but the smallest of niches has other options, unless it’s going down the tubes (been there). You aren’t talking about “the real world” you are talking about your ideological bubble - which is far more toxic than what you imagine SV to be or have been

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Space Karen is gonna stick as a nickname.

Name:	E9B9442A-4C64-495E-B5BD-598FE28BB01F.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	606.8 KB 
ID:	434507

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

Name:	0ACB1BEE-1759-4400-B473-B9DADF8669B0.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	434509

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

Name:	0ACB1BEE-1759-4400-B473-B9DADF8669B0.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	434509
    Exactly. And now the guy who knows what the Mac Mini does is taking a paid holiday with his family in Mallorca.

Name:  Image1668803053.628643.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  167.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

Name:	E9B9442A-4C64-495E-B5BD-598FE28BB01F.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	606.8 KB 
ID:	434507
    It's funny but apparently this lady isn't even an astronaut, just a "space fan."