Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2296
    The Audi flavored Taycan.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Guy on the left is a phd student critical of Tezzzla that Elon decided to slap with a lawsuit. Elon tried to ruin the guy's life by bullshitting his way through the courts. Lying about imaginary harm caused by the critic & folding when pressed by the court to show evidence.

All part of saving the world. Small price to pay, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skabooshk.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	556.2 KB 
ID:	293116

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/22/2...training-order

bullshit as an art form

Tesla has dropped a lawsuit against a prominent short-seller and critic of the company, one it claimed struck an employee with his car, according to paperwork filed on Friday night with the Alameda County Superior Court. The company’s decision to drop the case comes two weeks after the judge asked Tesla to turn over evidence to back up its claims.

Tesla says it has video and audio evidence that would do just that. But in a letter to the court on Friday night, a copy of which Tesla provided to The Verge, the company’s lawyers disagreed with the judge’s order to produce the evidence.

Tesla’s legal team argued that producing the evidence would expose information about employees involved in the case that was “never intended for public consumption.” The company’s lawyers also claim the employees have been subjected to “unwanted publicity and online harassment” following the original complaint.
    so the market stepped up & raised $118k for his defense

https://www.gofundme.com/f/skabooshka-defense-fund

Is he sueing back? Fire with fire.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is he sueing back? Fire with fire.
    Idk - read somewhere his lawyer made a point to the judge about "are you going to let them abuse the courts like this for intimidation?" and nothing came of it afaik.

Well, fuck, happens every day. Trump made a career of it. So, punch back. Or walk.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Well, fuck, happens every day. Trump made a career of it. So, punch back. Or walk.
    Benny your net worth is like four bucks.

The only punching you'll be doing is tongue-punching Musks stink eye.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All other issues with the video aside, shouldn’t the comparison be a Tesla Roadster v the Taycan, not the Model S?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    All other issues with the video aside, shouldn’t the comparison be a Tesla Roadster v the Taycan, not the Model S?
    No.

Why would a coupe compete with a 4 door sedan?

That comparison would be better suited for a EV Boxster or 911. Which are coming.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The roadster is a low volume car that optimizes Tesla's engineering capabilities. Porsche equivalent should be the 935 or 918 or GT2 RS.

the roadster is charitably a running concept car at the moment. production is over a year out at best, no published specs. the drivetrain that's supposed to be in it is supposedly being tested in the Tesla development mules that ran these great lap times powered by a diesel generator.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 09-22-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

The Tesla that didn’t break down apparently ran a decent time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1838221405/amp

“After wrapping up its first-ever Nürburgring test this week and heading home to America, it’s pulled off an apparent hand-timed seven minute, 24 second lap in one of its Model S test cars, a mere second slower than the attempt at the beginning of this week—but still nearly 20 seconds quicker than the electric Porsche Taycan. “

And that's why they sent a Tesla with a stripped interior, non-street tires, different suspension and a development powertrain. To get a headline so all the TEsla fanbois can say 'wow, cool'. In the end so what? It's not news you can modify cars to get them to go faster. This is decidedly not in line with saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    98% of the Teslas I see in my area, quite a number this year, are owned by second homeowners. Mr. and Mrs. Green saving the earth on the drive to their landscaped heated and cooled 2nd or 3rd + house in the country. Probably buy carbon offsets for the full green douche award.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Yeah, but what percentage of all the homes are 2nd's up there? You guys survive on tourism and beer.
    Approx. 40% second homes in the area. There is a new Model 3 plated in state in my neighborhood.

He lives in Vermont. Nobody owns GT3s or Ferraris. They drive Subarus.

Name:	20160625_144532.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	978.4 KB 
ID:	294978
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Bail out family from underwater investment. Destroy billions of shareholder wealth in the process.

Name:	solarcity.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	295020

You know, when the internet started, one big yeehah was that there will be much more transparency in the future all around business. And yet, shit like this goes on, is reported, and then nobody seems to give a fuck. Not just this, but WeWork, Uber, all these other money losing stupid companies. Its painful to watch.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-lawsuit-says/

Edit: beat me to it.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Name:	20160625_144532.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	978.4 KB 
ID:	294978

One run down lower 100 with the crap surface and dropping down to second gear for multitudes of traps and 30mph zones, and, it's back to the Lexus SUV.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

You know, when the internet started, one big yeehah was that there will be much more transparency in the future all around business. And yet, shit like this goes on, is reported, and then nobody seems to give a fuck. Not just this, but WeWork, Uber, all these other money losing stupid companies. Its painful to watch.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-lawsuit-says/

Edit: beat me to it.
    Regulators are captured. The entirety of North American government is controlled by corporate interests. The Fed is, quite literally, owned by a consortium of banks (which it then regulates).

This is the world we live in. Perverse incentives have had 70 years of peacetime to fully penetrate the most influential institutions out there.

Thank god the EU is putting some sort of brake on monopoly power.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

An interesting week for our favorite visionary.

Cars are having issues driving themselves across the parking lot, imagine what mayhem the million robotaxis will produce.

tesla-smart-summons-accidents-driverless-car-

Union busting woes

hcnbc.com/tesla-violated-labor-laws-by-blocking-union-organizing-judge-rules.html

Timeline promises, we've seen these before

theatlantic.comstarship-commercial-crew

But the update includes Netflix!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

clown

When Elon Musk publicly called a British cave rescuer who had insulted him a “pedo guy” last year, the billionaire entrepreneur had no evidence to back up his claims. And while he later apologized for the outburst, the Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO went on to hire a private investigator to dig up dirt that might support his unsubstantiated accusation.

BuzzFeed News has found that the self-proclaimed private investigator whom Musk hired was a convicted felon and scammer.
    calling the rescuer "pedo guy" was projection?

Musk has since defended his behavior by claiming “pedo guy” is South African slang for a creepy guy (though that’s been disputed) and arguing that he went after Unsworth because he feared he might be another Jeffrey Epstein. BuzzFeed News and Vanity Fair have since reported that Musk had been to several events with Epstein following the financier's 2008 guilty plea for soliciting prostitution from an underage girl, and visited his house “several years ago.”

Social movements as the trojan horse preferred by fraudsters. Exploit emotional drive towards an ideal with schemes of heads-I win, tails-you lose.

compliments of @bagholderquotes

Name:	EGWcb_IX0AAnNm6.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	296863

Elon Musk's Statements in The 'Pedo Guy' Lawsuit May Melt Your Brain

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-wants...een-1838880738

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Elon Musk's Statements in The 'Pedo Guy' Lawsuit May Melt Your Brain

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-wants...een-1838880738
    >>>>

This would be in keeping with his attempts to “destroy” a whistleblower, spying on employees and unions, and the general cultish discourse he promotes among his most ardent followers, fostering a climate against “the shorts,” big oil, and other groups out to destroy him, a group to which Unsworth belonged as soon as Musk saw the CNN interview.

You’re either with him or against him.