Page 16 of 253 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Copy.

I just hear all these straw man argument on how it wouldn’t work for people to have limited range..

Meanwhile, even a leaf could replace like 85% of people’s daily drivers
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

He could go to the city and back with tunes and heater cranked on a single charge at -20C. Getting over the passes to Van do require a bit more planning. For 0-60 in under 3 heartbeats, fuck ya.

Kaizen, as I experienced it, is continuous evaluation and improvement by all employees done in teams. Start a Kaizen, brutally evaluate the process, improve it, and then start over in a few months. It's horribly efficient and effective, but, inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Copy.

I just hear all these straw man argument on how it wouldn’t work for people to have limited range..

Meanwhile, even a leaf could replace like 85% of people’s daily drivers
    the great and funny thing about Tesla fanboyism and boosterism is it's gotten lots of people to reassess what they actually need in a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Kaizen, as I experienced it, is continuous evaluation and improvement by all employees done in teams. Start a Kaizen, brutally evaluate the process, improve it, and then start over in a few months. It's horribly efficient and effective, but, inhuman.
    it's really works well on making widgets

it doesn't work in software

oh and we like to call it six sigma

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the great and funny thing about Tesla fanboyism and boosterism is it's gotten lots of people to reassess what they actually need in a vehicle.
    true - really good point

next step - electricity not created by fossil fuels

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    bull shit.
    'oh jeeze. ca gov can't build a project of this size (or 10x smaller) efficiently. bloat, waste, poor management, etc. bay bridge memories?

why do you think they are starting construction in the central valley? because the area needs a high speed train?

I've got a 16 Signature X P90D if anyone needs it.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Ha! And BC is nearby on the way. Still think you can handle it? Classy buffet tables are pretty scarce

Neighbour has a model x SUV. It's sweet. Closest supercharger is ~150km of beautiful river curves and canyon away. He's not home much these days.

At $1.50+/litre in Van this spring, he is beating me in $/km, not including initial investment, on all our vehicles.
    Does this include replacing the battery eventually?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Do you include replacing the engine or transmission in a gasoline powered car? Tesla batteries are not generally wearing out. Kind of like a gasoline engine. As far as we can tell so far they should usually run good enough for most owners until the car rusts out, sometimes they will fail like engines and transmissions, sometimes battery packs wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Do you include replacing the engine or transmission in a gasoline powered car? Tesla batteries are not generally wearing out. Kind of like a gasoline engine. As far as we can tell so far they should usually run good enough for most owners until the car rusts out, sometimes they will fail like engines and transmissions, sometimes battery packs wear out.
    An engine lasts much longer than the car itself.

A battery is good for maybe 5 years, if you want to put up with the degradation in range, which by that time would be 40 percent.
    How long does your phone battery lasts?
    Same exact technology.
    Mine, a year old, doesn't last as much as it did when new.

An engine lasts much longer than the car itself.

A battery is good for maybe 5 years, if you want to put up with the degradation in range, which by that time would be 40 percent.
    Same exact technology.
    5 years? Like all the Prius batteries that are worn out at 5 years right...shit ours is 6 years old still going strong must be an anomaly. Go do your research on Tesla battery life and then get back to me.

Same exact technology.
    I understand that the technology is the same but the batteries' usage and environment would seem very dissimilar. I'm sure that affects life in some fashion. What that fashion is I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    5 years? Like all the Prius batteries that are worn out at 5 years right...shit ours is 6 years old still going strong must be an anomaly. Go do your research on Tesla battery life and then get back to me.
    Curious how many miles? I've heard about having to service the battery packs at some mileage/age. Prius also has the gas engine to allay some of the wear

i see 8 years unlimited mileage on battery
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Curious how many miles? I've heard about having to service the battery packs at some mileage/age. Prius also has the gas engine to allay some of the wear
    125k or something. I think I need to change the oil. The packs are warranted to 150k in Cali and 100k elsewhere. Most people never need to replace them but if you are wondering about OEM replacement costs from a dealer here you go. https://www.greencarreports.com/news...t-guide/page-2

Total maintenance costs (other than synthetic oil and filter changes at 10k for about $30 each time) on our 2012 Prius V since new = new studs for the left front tire that I managed to bungle swapping summer to winter tires 2x per year. I think it was a 20 dollar bill and it was my fault. Otherwise $0 and well over 40 mpg average on a roomy wagon. But back to Tesla please. Dino powered Prius is the past.

edit: forgot two front headlight bulbs $10 each.

Nothing other than cost per km in charge vs gas.
    I mean, come on, it's a $160k SUV, hardly practical from an initial price perspective for most people. But it's handles well with amazing acceleration, tows a 3000lbs trailer well, etc. Most people IME don't keep their wheels longer than 10yrs if they are able to justify buying new, even shorter if it's a 'luxury' vehicle >$70k. My neighbour is exhibiting no buyer's remorse, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Nothing other than cost per km in charge vs gas.
    I mean, come on, it's a $160k SUV, hardly practical from an initial price perspective for most people. But it's handles well with amazing acceleration, tows a 3000lbs trailer well, etc. Most people IME don't keep their wheels longer than 10yrs if they are able to justify buying new, even shorter if it's a 'luxury' vehicle >$70k. My neighbour is exhibiting no buyer's remorse, yet.

Until he approaches retirement age. Sheeit, that's 140 grand more than I paid for my Subaru. You do the math. 140 grand at 5% annual return..........

$160K seems perhaps a mite steep.

This is what's so wrong with contemporary capitalism and our celebrity culture. This company still hasn't shown a profit, and, at the moment, he can't deliver. Even if it was a smooth running company, making money, those incomes are absolutely absurd.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/21/tesl...tion-plan.html

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    $160K seems perhaps a mite steep.
    Aren't these trendy yuppies paying premiums to own this political and upper middle class status statement?

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Damn right it's expensive. No argument there. But, he spends play money his way, and I spend mine on backcountry sports. Who am I to judge. If I had his coin, I would be buying a little plane and lessons after expanding on my personal home acreage. A model x, no way. But if Musk offered a 1ton crewcab with 500km range, I would be sorely tempted
    In a community of <4000 people over 350km of valley, there isn't enough of any one type to form such stereotypes Nice to get to experience what all the hype is. And I hope the neighbour doesn't take his wealth and move to more judgemental centres, he a nice quiet, pleasant neighbour.
    Last edited by BCMountainHound; 03-22-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    For the Prius, by an average driver's standard, the battery lasts forever. A cab driver in Vancouver was the first in North America to run a Prius, and Toyota used it as a platform for ongoing R&D. Link

For the Tesla it won't matter. Enough of them will be crashed that the auto junkyard shelves will be full of slightly used batteries soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Aren't these trendy yuppies paying premiums to own this political and upper middle class status statement?
    An employee told me they have five plants going online right about now. I've never heard this anywhere else but, if true, the ramping up could be ramping up. Of course, they'll still need to nail down the production line quality Toyota style.