Page 97 of 254 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 6345
    Meanwhile, Karen Musk would like to speak to your country’s manager

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=6uww027M

Name:  E696C7EB-0E7E-4116-8BAC-E6FB22F48B87.jpeg
Views: 1041
Size:  102.3 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I guess he doesn't have to worry about competing with the Russians.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...-its-scathing/

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I guess he doesn't have to worry about competing with the Russians.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...-its-scathing/

Name:  Image1639842446.638020.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  Image1639842451.981057.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  44.1 KB
    Last edited by bagtagley; 12-18-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

While Musk caused a stir last month by asking his Twitter followers if he should get rid of 10% of his Tesla stock and promising to stick to whatever advice Twitter would give him, the selling spree appears to be motivated by pragmatic business concerns.

Musk has until August to snatch up a bargain that is to exercise some 22.9 million stock options that would allow him to buy Tesla shares at about 1% of their current value. In order to do that, he is required to pay income tax on the sold stock.

-x-x
    In his second round of sales this week, Tesla CEO Elon Musk got rid of another 934,091 company shares for more than $884 million, regulatory filings showed on Thursday. However, the billionaire now owns more Tesla stock than ever.
    Musk also sold the same number on Monday. He has now offloaded 12.9 million shares, bringing sales to a total of nearly $14 billion since early November.

At the same time as offloading shares at market prices, Musk has been buying back stock options granted to him by the company in 2012. He has now tapped 17 million of the 22.9 million stock options with an August deadline, while selling 12.9 million shares for $13.6 billion. That option grant gives Musk the right to buy Tesla shares at a strike price of $6.24, less than 1% of their current value.
    . . .

I am looking into StarLink for my island, and I was reading through the fine print. Get a load of this:

"Governing Law.

For Services provided to, on, or in orbit around the planet Earth or the Moon, this Agreement and any disputes between us arising out of or related to this Agreement, including disputes regarding arbitrability (“Disputes”) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California in the United States. For Services provided on Mars, or in transit to Mars via Starship or other spacecraft, the parties recognize Mars as a free planet and that no Earth-based government has authority or sovereignty over Martian activities. Accordingly, Disputes will be settled through self-governing principles, established in good faith, at the time of Martian settlement."

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Are we going to have to rely on this jackass to get our astronaut off of the ISS now? He's probably in charge of the best resources available to make that happen.. But, dayum I hate to see his ego get stroked knowing that is fact..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Thought this would have been bumped for the second child by the pop star that’s being hidden from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I am looking into StarLink for my island, and I was reading through the fine print. Get a load of this:

"Governing Law.

For Services provided to, on, or in orbit around the planet Earth or the Moon, this Agreement and any disputes between us arising out of or related to this Agreement, including disputes regarding arbitrability (“Disputes”) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California in the United States. For Services provided on Mars, or in transit to Mars via Starship or other spacecraft, the parties recognize Mars as a free planet and that no Earth-based government has authority or sovereignty over Martian activities. Accordingly, Disputes will be settled through self-governing principles, established in good faith, at the time of Martian settlement."

That’s insane.

Who would willingly choose California law and jurisdiction

I’m starting to doubt Musk
    . . .

Well obviously he currently resides on Mars.

Not the smartest guy, but very driven and a great engineer/business man.

I have Stairlink and it’s awesome.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I have Starlink and it’s awesome.
    Me too. Life changing product.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

"Governing Law.

Musk is Mar's Putin.

Muted thanks for sharing your JH Model 3 experience. Not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is. I'd love to take a Tesla from Iowa to JH but I need to be retired and not there for another decade or so. I'm a quick pitstop driver. We order Casey's pizza on the app delivered to the car while I fuel and go in 5 to 7 minutes depending on dog shitting and bathroom lines. I hate it, but that is how I am wired.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

His latest Ted talk was impressive

He was high as fuck. Not sure what drugs.
    But he’s buying twatter
    Lol
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    His latest Ted talk was impressive

He was high as fuck. Not sure what drugs.
    But he’s buying twatter
    Lol
    Haven’t (and won’t) listen to it, but Twitter lawyers have been less than impressed with the quality of the 1A discussion:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F32B047-2204-4335-A201-56B4DE71BC88.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	413178
    https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1...KzZPSzN38MRcSQ

Not sure why you wouldn’t listen.

It’s interesting

I missed the part at the end about the perfect triangle.
    After the 42 hitchhikers guide to the galaxy number. And the 420 Joke.

The perfect triangle is 42 degrees. The other two corners are 69 degrees.

#nerd jokes.

This could unravel badly. If TWTR gets hammered the institutions can turn against Musk with litigation and that will spill over to TSLA. It just won’t be worth holding through all the noise. Picking another fight with the SEC when the courts have already ruled against you is risky.

The hate on short sellers is misguided too. Short selling is liquidity and fuel for an expanded up move.

That TED talk was absurd.

^ good points. Will be interesting to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    This could unravel badly. If TWTR gets hammered the institutions can turn against Musk with litigation and that will spill over to TSLA. It just won’t be worth holding through all the noise. Picking another fight with the SEC when the courts have already ruled against you is risky.

The hate on short sellers is misguided too. Short selling is liquidity and fuel for an expanded up move.

That TED talk was absurd.
    Elon is classic NPD surrounded by fluffers, snorting lines, enabled by a bunch of other rich white male assholes who’ve managed to convince some rubes and opportunists that the richest man in the world who’s violated laws without consequence is oppressed.

betting against that is moral, but not smart. I’m hoping the fucker dies from an overdose while torturing a pig, hilt deep on Epsteins island. It’d make the world a better place

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Elon is classic NPD surrounded by fluffers, snorting lines, enabled by a bunch of other rich white male assholes who’ve managed to convince some rubes and opportunists that the richest man in the world who’s violated laws without consequence is oppressed.

betting against that is moral, but not smart. I’m hoping the fucker dies from an overdose while torturing a pig, hilt deep on Epsteins island. It’d make the world a better place
    JFC that’s an angry diatribe.

Musk is an enigma. And like a lot of Silicon Valley he uses mind drugs. And like most biz and politicians there is NPD

But damn. Be happy. Sometime.
    . . .