Page 80 of 250 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6247
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You and bro have convinced me and everyone here Elon is a fraud. But the problem we have with you is not Elon, it’s that you are a gigantic smug asshole. That’s what this is about, not Elon. You are like the guy who criticizes someone who bikes to work by saying THEY DONT CARE BOUT THE ENVIRONMENT THEY LIKE THE EXCERCISE!!! Uh, no shit and who cares. And no one thinks they are saving the world buying an electric car, but thanks for telling us how perceptive you are about total strangers 1000 miles away through a narrow telescope. Your shit stinks worse than most.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I would guess this is due to you and dumbfee.
    keep cluckin'

Really though - if it's not about the environment - why does the Teslar nice car lifestyle deserve public subsidy? Is it because like with Uber the lifestyle is unaffordable without hefty subsidy from someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    that's a harsh way to describe the "virtue" of your Prius.
    Dude. I don't think Ugly's ever virtue signaled about his Prius. He's a lot like me in that it's all about the right tool for the job. Sometimes he wants AWD for his ski trips, hence Subaru. Sometimes he needs 4WD, hence his lifted 4R. Sometimes he wants more mpg, hence his Prius. Say what you want, but I think you got him all wrong with your post.

Just because some people are super smug about how they're saving the planet with their hybrids with bumper stickers all over the rear and custom license plates saying something pious, doesn't mean that everyone with a Prius (or a Tesla) is that way.

I would bike to work pretty much only for the exercise.

Piled higher and deeper.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wal-...mistake-2019-8

Don't fuck with WalMart. They didn't get to where they are by being nice.

I learned in this article that he still hasn't settled with that diver he called a pedophile, and that lawsuit is going to trial. Wtf? What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dude. I don't think Ugly's ever virtue signaled about his Prius
    he was just carbon shaming & virtue signalling about how much better he is because he doesn't "waste gas" idling. because it's bad when normal people "waste" a 1/4 gallon of gas, but elon blowing a couple thousand gallons to fly his coked up ass to watch a video game tournament is cool, because he's famous. fuck that double standard. not that it matters - nothing is going to change about positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    This.

At our little elementary school which we usually walk to parents leave there cars idling all the time. Keys in. Already warmed up. Fumes wafting into kids lungs and into the school. Ripe for theft. Half of them could walk anyway. Ridiculous.

Like Austin said the multiplier makes idling insane. Even add up what one idle wastes in a year. Why? Fuck that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Joe Kennedy made his fortune at that game. Nothing new.
    he was a very able head of the securities exchange commission

Madoff was on the board of SIFMA as was his brother. Wolf in the henhouse.

he was just carbon shaming & virtue signalling about how much better he is because he doesn't "waste gas" idling. because it's bad when normal people "waste" a 1/4 gallon of gas, but elon blowing a couple thousand gallons to fly his coked up ass to watch a video game tournament is cool, because he's famous. fuck that double standard. not that it matters - nothing is going to change about positions.
    That wasn't carbon shaming or virtue signalling. We were both in agreement about the issues with idling, multiplied by millions on top of that. I do not drive a hybrid or EV. I still think it's silly to leave your car idling for ages. That's just common sense.

I've had a remote starter on my last two cars, and it's the best option I've ever had on a car. It's awesome. Maybe I just raised the sea level by a half millimeter, but, I don't care. My car is warm and toasty on a January morning.

I've had a remote starter on my last two cars, and it's the best option I've ever had on a car. It's awesome. Maybe I just raised the sea level by a half millimeter, but, I don't care. My car is warm and toasty on a January morning.
    You may not care about carbon emissions but catalytic converters need to be hot in order to work and that's why an idling engine can produce up to twice as much pollution as an engine in motion. A cold engine also goes through more wear and tear than a warm engine. EVs on the other hand can be pre-warmed or pre-cooled without either of those problems.

Yeah, when it is cold as hell out some people warm up their cars idling. Makes sense. I also warm my car up on occasion, usually after night skiing. Idling in front of a school when it is 60 degrees and you are in the school picking up your kid in the library is flat stupid.

As for Dunfuck, I didn't pick a fight with him. He saw my Prius post in the wagon thread and jumped my ass because Prius owners are easy pickings for pricks like him. I post about my cars because I am interested in cars (car guy) and realize Prius pictures bring out the pricks. So eyes wide open. Shrug. Not here to make everybody happy or make friends with people who see the world from a completely different perspective. Plenty of good people here.

Also find where I defended Elon. I may have offered my opinion on short positions.

Also show me someone who doesn't virtue signal as they like to shame 'libs'. Walk out the door. Dunfuck signals mushroom dick fields every time he posts here for instance.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 08-22-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    You may not care about carbon emissions but catalytic converters need to be hot in order to work and that's why an idling engine can produce up to twice as much pollution as an engine in motion. A cold engine also goes through more wear and tear than a warm engine. EVs on the other hand can be pre-warmed or pre-cooled without either of those problems.

And it will three charges to get to Vermont in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Not really true. Hyperbole is just the language of the internet. Tribal warfare where keystrokes are the only weapons. Strawjack just happens to be a particularly low-information dullard flailing with logical constructs he can't quite get a handle on.

Zooming out, it's pretty strange to see people embrace securities fraud. I didn't think I'd live to see it, but here we are.
    yeah, I think elon's a hypocritical fraud and you aren't saving the planet by driving a tesla. just like the wework jackass commuting by G650 and banning meat to save the planet is just another hypocritical grifter. i think most of the late 10s woke environmentalism is bullshit greenwashing for millenial assholes.\

i also know there isn't fuck all going to change your mind, or jackstraws or anyone else fluffing musk. it's just a green version of the dumfuck trumpalos.
    Who the is strawjack?

So I didn't know if Musk was the CEO or Chairman or both of Solarcity to make a point? His exact position in the company was irrelevant and still is when discussing an installation issue. Or the Exxon thing where it would be passed onto the consumer? Well, since you cannot comprehend anything outside the lines, try prying off your starched shirt, pulling the stick out of you ass, and think about how laws and policies can be modified and/or completely changed. Believe it or not it happens Sparky! Just like your hero trumpy killing the Obama fuel economy standards. Remember that one?

And dunny that is correct, you or brotard will not change my mind about Musk. I have never bought one thing from him and do not own any stock. I think irl he is probably complete asshole because yeah he didn't exactly have a posh American childhood like you two, so he's a little tweaked. He's a billionaire and you two are not. That's the part that really hurts huh?

I don't need to discuss anything with you two again, so best of luck on your war against him and his companies.

keep cluckin'
    stop being an asshole here.

Really though - if it's not about the environment - why does the Teslar nice car lifestyle deserve public subsidy? Is it because like with Uber the lifestyle is unaffordable without hefty subsidy from someone else?
    it doesn't, dummy. keep assholin'

And it will three charges to get to Vermont in the winter.
    Agreed, EVs are problematic for long road trips but are otherwise awesome for the majority of trips people take. There are also plug-in hybrids with something like 30 miles of EV range capable of doing both.

Walmart looks like its going to bring the pain train to TSLA/SolarCity

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...r-panel-flaws/

As for Dunfuck, I didn't pick a fight with him. He saw my Prius post in the wagon thread and jumped my ass because Prius owners are easy pickings for pricks like him. I post about my cars because I am interested in cars (car guy) and realize Prius pictures bring out the pricks. So eyes wide open. Shrug. Not here to make everybody happy or make friends with people who see the world from a completely different perspective. Plenty of good people here..
    keep it core iowegian, and make up shit to fit your narrative like you need too.

as for you, white rhino, why the fuck wouldn't I be an ashole to you? what are the consequences? you are, and were, an unmitigated hypocritical cunt. Why shouldn't everyone be? There are no consequences to being a dumb greenwashing, POW supporting, piece of shit.

keep it core iowegian, and make up shit to fit your narrative like you need too.

as for you, white rhino, why the fuck wouldn't I be an ashole to you? what are the consequences? you are, and were, an unmitigated hypocritical cunt. Why shouldn't everyone be? There are no consequences to being a dumb greenwashing, POW supporting, piece of shit.
    Talk about triggered. My shit has always stunk and I have never hidden from it but I won't be silenced because I live in and function in this world just like you, albeit in Iowa, and with on eye toward doing what I do as cleanly as possible. I can advocate for policies all I want, just like you can be a dick to me as you see fit.

There are no consequences to being a cunt to me for you so carry on since that seems to be your thing. Prick.

and with on eye toward doing what I do as cleanly as possible
    and yet here you are sucking Musk's dick. I'm not busting on you for living in Iowa, I'm busting on you for the hypcocrisy of carbon shaming over idle engines and then busting on people mocking dickbags burning thousands of gallons on a whim.

If you are advocating a carbon tax to save the planet, you are advocating burning the fuck out of carbon before teh tax is implemented.

and yet here you are sucking Musk's dick. I'm not busting on you for living in Iowa, I'm busting on you for the hypcocrisy of carbon shaming over idle engines and then busting on people mocking dickbags burning thousands of gallons on a whim.
    Wtf? I do not own Tesla stock, or own a Tesla. I busted on some guys advocating shorting the stock a long while ago and fuck if I wasn't right. I advocate for investing long generally, not having time or inclination to try to time trades. Tesla as a stock never interested me. I'd rather ride some Berkshire class B into retirement.

I have sat in a Tesla 3 at a dealership here and I do think they are sweet and if they hold things together somehow I would consider one to replace our Prius.

People idling in front of schools is stupid for multiple reasons. We have been over this. I usually walk to my girls school with the dog but if I do drive and go inside anywhere or sit anywhere I by habit do not idle.

I do emit carbon in pursuit of making money for the company and pursuing my interests just like every other living person on the planet but I think there is a better way forward and for that I am a hypocritical white rhino cunt. Okay bro.

I am a gray beard blue collar midwestern dad with a skiing addiction but I digress. Why are we still talking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dunfee stays mad as fuck. Wonder why?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Elon love is emblematic of the growing disconnect between sustainability and the destructive simulation. He's attacking the idea more so than anyone individually, it's just hard not to take offense & focus on the latter.
    What's the idea? Is it EVs in general or the combination of people with money driving EVs? Dunfee has argued for mass transit in lieu of EVs but barring everyone traveling on trains, buses, and bicycles everywhere aren't EVs a more realistic option?
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 08-24-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Deleting because my gut feeling is someone isn’t quite well.
    Last edited by muted; 08-24-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Trolls are bizarre to me