Check Out Our Shop
Page 258 of 261 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6523
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    A buddy of mine has a wrap biz and did this one. I’d say color is fractionally better than stainless steel, but still awful

Attachment 493541
    Polishing a turd…if you ask me.

Well there's one less Tesla truck here in the valley.

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/05/cy...aight-to-jail/
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    A buddy of mine has a wrap biz and did this one. I’d say color is fractionally better than stainless steel, but still awful

Attachment 493541
    Now it's got that post-apocalyptic school bus vibe.

Add me to the "first one in the wild" group today. That thing is going to age terribly. The rear passenger side door was already tarnishing at a different rate than the rest of the panels on that side of the truck making it rather more ridiculous. If I owned one, I'd certainly go for the mat-black wrap rather than the bare stainless steel.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Add me to the "first one in the wild" group today. That thing is going to age terribly. The rear passenger side door was already tarnishing at a different rate than the rest of the panels on that side of the truck making it rather more ridiculous. If someone held a gun to my head and made me buy one, I'd certainly go for the mat-black wrap rather than the bare stainless steel.
    FIFY
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Add me to the "first one in the wild" group today. That thing is going to age terribly. The rear passenger side door was already tarnishing at a different rate than the rest of the panels on that side of the truck making it rather more ridiculous. If I owned one, I'd certainly go for the mat-black wrap rather than the bare stainless steel.
    When I can pick one up for $10K, I think the fully patina'd look would make a great base for a mad Max style beater.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    When I can pick one up for $10K, I think the fully patina'd look would make a great base for a mad Max style beater.
    Really though, when are they gonna offer it in Corten steel? Go full mad max from day 1. If it stops working, you can work it into your front yard's sweet landscape design.

Tesla now burning up cash to find places to store 50,000 surplus cars. More deep price cuts ahead. See, Elmo really did produce an affordable EV.

The "Big Short" guy says core business is falling apart fast, puts Tesla's value around $50 a share.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Really though, when are they gonna offer it in Corten steel? Go full mad max from day 1. If it stops working, you can work it into your front yard's sweet landscape design.
    Now that you mention it, it would look right at home next to my toilet flower planter, maybe with some tomato plants in the bed. Given the rate at which they seem to tarnish, I don't think corten is necessary to get a nice patina going.

Which is still a fairly insane $160 billion market cap for a car company.

Used Tesla's resale values plummet 30-40% with piles of unsold new cars and companies dumping tesla fleet cars hard.

Oh for those halcyon days of 2023 when Elmo was predicting (aka huffing his farts again) that Teslas would be increasing in value after you bought it. Remember that? Your Tesla would be a fat source of passive income and so naturally, it would appreciate?

History will remember Elmo as the most shameless stock market manipulator of all time.

Soros jewish woke cancel sheep clearly at work here

We were on the road to an away soccer match with a few of the U10 boys in the car and we came up on a couple 18 wheeler car carriers loaded with new Cybertrucks. The oohs and aaahs from the boys in back told me that they are in fact the target demo for this thing.

Then about 5 minutes of silence passed and one of the boys asked how much they are. I pulled up carsandbids.com and showed them the handful going for auction (which by the way, that website seems like the dumping ground for all things Tesla anymore). The boys saw several of the other cars available for way less and (proud dad moment) my son asks loudly, "why would anyone buy a Cybertruck when you could get one of those other cool cars instead?"

I think I've saved a few from a horrible fate with this little exercise. You're welcome, America.
    I still call it The Jake.

I was with my 12 year old son when I took that photo upthread and he said, “That’s the dumbest looking car I’ve ever seen. It makes a Prius look cool.”

Does anyone remember the Mac tank game called Spectre from about 1991? The Cybertruck looks exactly like the enemy tanks, the developer would have a legal case if they were still in business.

I've seen 2 IRL. How something can become so much fucking uglier in person vs pictures is beyond me

This article came up on my feed after posting here. The cognitive dissonance of the CyberBros that want to defend this ridiculous thing is something to behold.

"A man who bought Tesla's most expensive Cybertruck had to pull over after 35 miles due to a coolant leak, he claimed.

He later discovered that his vehicle, a $119,990 'CyberBeast', was not covered under a coolant leak warranty.

Posting on X, Jason Jones told the Cybertruck Owners Club forum: "The other thing that really frustrates me... is, when I picked it up, [...] the truck was very dirty outside and [had] issues inside.

"Charge was 47 percent... I've never picked up a new car without a full tank of gas. WTF Tesla?"

On the coolant leak, he said: "While supercharging, coolant started pouring out of the rear of the truck."

"But posters on Reddit thought Jason was too forgiving.

One person said in a forum: "These people are absolute clueless f***ing idiots, and they deserve all the bad treatment they get from Tesla."

Another said: "'Tesla went above and beyond and I'm very happy,' says the owner after getting a coolant leak on a new vehicle that he just drove off the lot and TSLA [Tesla] initially refusing service."

https://www.the-express.com/finance/...esla-elon-musk

They may need to test cybertruck owners for literal brain worms that have eaten the part of their brain responsible for not being fucking tools.

There's something wrong with them. That video of the dude breaking his finger in the self-closing frunk, after testing it with a stick that got snapped in half, tells me there's something eating at their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    There's something wrong with them. That video of the dude breaking his finger in the self-closing frunk, after testing it with a stick that got snapped in half, tells me there's something eating at their brains.
    As in they are also Neuralink customers? Cross selling now, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    When I can pick one up for $500, I think the fully patina'd look would make a great base for a Gambler 500 beater.
    FIFY
    Although range may be an issue

For those unfamiliar with Gambler 500
    https://www.gambler500.com/

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I've seen 2 IRL. How something can become so much fucking uglier in person vs pictures is beyond me
    They actually cause pain in the part of my brain used for aesthetic assessment.
    The last one I saw I had to look away and luckily in the side view mirror I saw the fat ass of a 911 ... ahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    there's something eating at their brains.
    RFK Jr will be showing up in a cyber truck at his next campaign event.