Page 133 of 250 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6250
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I think that a lot of folks will be interviewing elsewhere while quiet quitting Twitter. I dont think there will be a mass voluntary quitting in the next week, but i do think people are actively looking for ways to abandon ship, unless the ship they are on starts becoming more attractive. So, in 3-6 months i would think the attrition amongst workers will be unsustainable for twitter as a company to exist... unless they fix culture and/or pay.
    (quit + 3 months severance) > (quiet quit + interview / risk of getting fired or dragged by a maniac)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    (quit + 3 months severance) > (quiet quit + interview / risk of getting fired or dragged by a maniac)
    Correct me if i am wrong, but if you quit you get no severance. thats a pretty standard policy, right? Whereas, if you get fired or laid off you typically do get severance.

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you quit you get no severance. thats a pretty standard policy, right? Whereas, if you get fired or laid off you typically do get severance.
    Yep, no severance or unemployment if you quit. My guess is 25-30% take the package.

I think that's right and what I put in the equation. Elon's announcement with his web form is that you can leave the job with 3 months severence if you don't want the new terms of super hard work etc.

But also, what would prevent him from saying "They said they didn't want my leadership so I fired them for cause and therefore they will have no severence"
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

the offer is reup to the “hard core” new twitter or get laid off with 90 days severance or whatever. Unless you’ve a work visa, not a great deal for the good tech talent he claims to want.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Yeah. My understanding is those workers are getting laid off unless they positively opt into Hardcore Twitter (TM).

What’s funny is he’s doing this even after he found out all his layoffs were done illegally. In CA and NY you have to give 60-90 days notice of mass layoffs which obviously isn’t happening.

They are also firing dozens of top people for being critical of Musk on Twitter or internal Slack channels.

Dudes trying to run this like a diamond mine

Also, this is a good argument to unionize some of these white collar jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Yep, no severance or unemployment if you quit. My guess is 25-30% take the package.
    You can still get unemployment. That’s up to the company and even then you can challenge the deny. Go see a psychiatrist or mental health counselor before you guilt.

The company I was with always gave it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Elon's announcement with his web form is that you can leave the job with 3 months severence if you don't want the new terms of super hard work etc.
    Oh i didnt see that. not a half bad deal. I bet a lot of the general workforce would love that deal for their current jobs haha.

But again, whats the incentive to stay? They have to increase pay substantially, right?

I imagine if you have a visa requiring employment then you aren’t going anywhere.

So Twitter's (remaining) employees are going to work twice as long and twice as hard, and like it. Yeah, as if that's a new idea in tech employment.

It sometimes even works... for a while. And everybody's going to do a week or two of crunch time occasionally. But companies (and particularly companies that aren't able to dangle compensation packages that are potentially a nice multiple of the already respectable salary) have learned that it's a work lifestyle that has diminishing returns.

So, along with all the other reasons why working for Twitter is going to suck, add in severe burnout sooner than later. Go get 'em, Elon.

Clown shoe doesn’t even know what business Twitter is in. Unless he means the new biz is selling off their servers and software ip. Lol

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...QIYeVTDmHaAEwU

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. My understanding is those workers are getting laid off unless they positively opt into Hardcore Twitter (TM).

What’s funny is he’s doing this even after he found out all his layoffs were done illegally. In CA and NY you have to give 60-90 days notice of mass layoffs which obviously isn’t happening.

They are also firing dozens of top people for being critical of Musk on Twitter or internal Slack channels.

Dudes trying to run this like a diamond mine

Also, this is a good argument to unionize some of these white collar jobs.
    While it tends to be case specific, employers can comply with WARN Act with pay in lieu of notice.
    The chaotic way the layoffs are being handled will subject TWTR to a lot of lawsuit exposure

And I can see remaining employees signing on to slave labor, then unionizing.

Apparently people with marketable skills aren’t exited to keep working for an egomaniacal asshole who repeatedly proves his incompetence:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9BF0DED8-BF75-4F57-B4B6-C51C6095C968.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	434415

Name:	588460F3-3F70-41E0-BC0D-3D6E095352D6.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	434416

I guess not many employees clicked ‘yes’.

Man, who wouldn’t want to be the manager to click yes? Clown show

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You can still get unemployment.
    Yup. In CA there are exceptions where you can quit but still qualify for unemployment benefits depending on the circumstances. An example is if your employer is moving your position to another region that won't work for you due to family or other circumstances, you would probably be eligible.

Twitter employees in CA may have a good case for benefits given their radically changed and possibly hostile working environment. Especially with Musk extending the quit or commit ultimatum. They could argue, especially in light of other recent happenings, they would have been fired anyway.

Reports that almost 75% of employees didn’t opt in to hardcore Twitter

Haven't read/followed, but has consensus been reached on complete clown? Reminds me of the crypto shitbags who also convinced the world they were brilliant and competent businesspeople.
    [quote][//quote]

That’s probably hard to swallow when you already laid of 50% of the company.

Hence the office lockdown.

Will the site even be up Monday?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Haven't read/followed, but has consensus been reached on complete clown?.
    I’ve found the issue.

I wonder how many twitter employees (and former employees) own a Tesla.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So he’s left with roughly 900 employees!? Lol. Each employee just needs to convey $50 million of value.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So can his email: "Anyone who has not done so by 5pm ET tomorrow (Thursday) will receive three months of severance."

Be binding? I'd sure AF want my $$Benjis$$

Bring that shit. More than anything Elon's disrespect to his employees is what catches my heat. Completely unnecessary. Been around this block a few times and had to suffer short sighted dimwits who think their mere presence makes shit happen. Over-inflated bullshit artists. THIS. IS. FUCKING. GREAT.

Name:	IMG_0359.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	434438

Name:	IMG_0358.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	434439