Page 86 of 254 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 6336

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Why capitalize “Sillycon”? Weird since you don’t use caps. Like you’re obsessed or something. Next stop $420 when the China plant ramps up. Tesla’s killing it in Europe.

“The big news in September was the Tesla Model 3 scoring a new all-time record (17,490 units), beating its own March record (15,768 units), but this might not be the end of it, as December could see yet another record score from the Tesla midsizer. (Related: Tesla Is Starving USA Market In Favor Of EU & East Asia.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah, "killing it" in a market total of about 14.5 million.

I didn't see one Tesla in a month of driving in Italy. I guess the French are buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-5-1028163296

retail are the bagholders for this pos.
    Again, pretty weak overall numbers. And when he loses the comic book nerd fanboys, that's the end, because the adults left the room a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Again, pretty weak overall numbers. And when he loses the comic book nerd fanboys, that's the end, because the adults left the room a long time ago.
    Yeah, he lost a lot on paper the other day, but does that really matter? Does it really matter if Tesla goes belly up? He'll still have billions and you'll still be pissed at Hillary and Dunfree will have to find some other asshole to obsess over.

Elon Musk’s Net Worth Falls $770 Million After Tesla’s Botched Cybertruck Debut
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleyc.../#bc1b7a73aa7b

So, that's your measure of a man. Good to know.

So, that's your measure of a man. Good to know.
    Nope. You two constantly obsessing over this guy and the company has grown old. Get over it. He's not the president fucking up the world.

I differ. The fact that so much money flows to assholes like him and Zuck and Bezos and that WeWork dude (now, if that isn't one fucked up story about present day capitalism.....) instead of something substantial and productive is one good reason we're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Nope. You two constantly obsessing over this guy and the company has grown old. Get over it. He's not the president fucking up the world.
    So put us on ignore and don't respond to us and have a saving the world with Tesla ecofraud party with all the other hyper consuming greenwashing yuppies circlejerk. there's a new 3-ton SUV thats all the saving the planet rage! fElon musk is the same dynamic as Trump, own it, course then you'd have to realize attacking critics is the same damn dumbfuck MAGA bullshit you pretend to deplore.

norway & netherlands have been a couple of the biggest markets in europe because of tax policy subsidy. negligible sales in italy.

-crazy cat dude on the street corner shouting the emperor has no cloths to reasonable people that believe.

I didn't see one Tesla in a month of driving in Italy. I guess the French are buying them.

I think I saw 2 in Florence, and 2 in Sicily, saw 2 Lambo SUV's too, which sound AMAZING btw.
    I saw a ton of Teslas in Paris, Nice, Aix, and Cassis. I was actually kinda surprised to see them. Totally didn't even think about the foreign market for Tesla, until I was over there.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, he lost a lot on paper the other day, but does that really matter? Does it really matter if Tesla goes belly up? He'll still have billions and you'll still be pissed at Hillary and Dunfree will have to find some other asshole to obsess over.

Elon Musk’s Net Worth Falls $770 Million After Tesla’s Botched Cybertruck Debut
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleyc.../#bc1b7a73aa7b
    Now I've had some shitty presentations before. Ones where I instantly regretted not testing the demo before committing to it. Maybe it lost me a small order, most likely it didn't even move the needle. THAT is a hell of a bad presentation. It will come back though. He'll have that $$ back and then some before year end I bet.

Guess I should have gotten into a business where being profitable is secondary.

Maybe you weren’t paying attention. I just got back from FR/CH, saw many Teslas (3’s usually) all over the place incl at random small chalets in the middle of nowhere. Saw at least 2 in Cham with Italian registration, which ain’t surprising given the proximity.

great example of the social segregation going on at the global level and the perceptual biases of the world people bring in the last 2 posts. Teslas made <1 million cars in its history and sold like <15,000 in Switzerland (it's public published data in switzerland). CH is a small country (average new car sale a year 300k) but if you are seeing them "everywhere" maybe they aren't actually everywhere, just everywhere you are? Italy's sold like 10k Teslas total, ever, on annual car sales of like 2 million units (again public published data, you can look it up).

not that numbers or facts make a difference, only crazy people care about those.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Maybe you weren’t paying attention. I just got back from FR/CH, saw many Teslas (3’s usually) all over the place incl at random small chalets in the middle of nowhere. Saw at least 2 in Cham with Italian registration, which ain’t surprising given the proximity.

Damn right I was paying attention. Especially to those fuckers tailgating me everywhere.

On this one issue I noticed the same thing as Benny... in Spain and Portugal we saw slim numbers as well...even in the cities...and cars are something I always pay attention to. Maybe it is a Southern Yurp thing. It seems like once we were closer to the Pyrenees we saw more. We did drive by a solar reflector power plant down south. Very cool. They are definitely way out ahead of us on solar and have decent numbers of windmills as well...though nowhere near the scale we have in Iowa.

I don't know shit about Europe though. Lifetime total is three weeks over there. Maybe there is a Tesla sales chart in the googles.

Well, let's not forget a major factor that makes electric a little more attractive in Europe - the price of gas. Christ, it's expensive. 3/4 tank of my small VW SUV was close to a hundred bucks. Musk should campaign for a 2-3 dollar gas tax here if he wants to succeed. That's been my solution for a long timeto our problem, but, that'll never happen. It's pretty simple.

Anecdotal data discussions are always tongue in cheek of course. I notice the Tesla 3’s because the front end is so fucking ugly.

Teslas were all over Holland this past summer.

The CyberTruck seems a bit off visually, but the numbers stack up very well compared to the Rivian and Bollinger.
    Last edited by supermodel159; 11-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Never seen a Tesla in Russia.
    Or any EV.
    Never noticed any charging stations.

Last I heard importing was really difficult, and the total number of EV's was <2000

I was expecting a ton of EV cars in Japan, all driven by polite robots. But nope. Tons of hybrid cars though. I just read was they pivoted to Hydrogen cars years ago and don't see EVs as the future.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    So his whole MO is doing what he got that slap on the wrist from the SEC for? That's a shame.

What is the tangible result of higher stock prices, can they borrow against it, funky accounting, his board influence goes up in all his companies?
    Probably a question for my dad, lol.
    Tesla had/has a bunch of convertible bonds, so yes, the price of it's stock is very important to them. Hence why the anger over his 420 tweet.

There is the theory that Bro and Dumfee like that Elon is a straight up crook, and it might be true. Here's another take on him that is more plausible: https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/natural-maniacs/

Since I've never met the guy or know anyone like him, I have no clue what he's really like. /obviousdisclaimer

I'd make fun of Elon but coming out with one half baked idea after another with zero follow through is something I can relate to.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

apparently the usa and china are cutting his auto subsidies some or all next year and space x is supposedly 90% govt funded. if these actually happen and with Porsche and ford putting out electric mustangs and a ef-150, his moment in the sun looks to be over.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    apparently the usa and china are cutting his auto subsidies some or all next year and space x is supposedly 90% govt funded. if these actually happen and with Porsche and ford putting out electric mustangs and a ef-150, his moment in the sun looks to be over.
    So what you are saying is, his next claim will be nuclear fusion.

Flying suits would be cooler.