Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6353
    I just started reading - Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future. I didn't and still don't know shit about him, but he didn't exactly have a great childhood and he seems to be pretty consistent so far with the way he runs/ran his companies. The whole X.com/paypal became a shitshow, but ended up being a great company once the removed him as CEO...obviously. Seems like the same should occur with Tesla. He should be the visionary guy and leave the rest to a capable CEO type.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I think it's going to take that Audi with it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://www.cnbc.com

It's not just the Robo Taxis taking a million plus jobs away from hard working drivers.

"Musk also predicted that in two years, Tesla will be making cars with no steering wheels or pedals."

Has He ever driven in a rural area on a dirt road?

Stock down 3.85% on this world changing news. Can't wait for Wednesdays earnings report.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Not only this, but imagine telling your insurance company:

Uh, in going to use my tesla to make money as a taxi.

And it's going to be sent driving.

Insurance company: ate you going to be driving?

Me: no, it's fully automatic, i will not be in the car.

Insurance: aha... Well, we are cancelling your policy.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com

It's not just the Robo Taxis taking a million plus jobs away from hard working drivers.

"Musk also predicted that in two years, Tesla will be making cars with no steering wheels or pedals."

Has He ever driven in a rural area on a dirt road?

Stock down 3.85% on this world changing news. Can't wait for Wednesdays earnings report.
    I read it is there will be a million cars with the technology to be taxis, but owners would have to download an app and opt-in. And he hopes one single market will agree to to Robo-taxis by end of 2020. So there won’t be many people out of jobs anytime soon.

I don’t see a majority of Tesla owners wanting to shuttle strangers unsupervised in their personal car. If it is such a money maker, why isn’t Elon making a million cars himself to do this and keep the profits?

Good marketing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I read it is there will be a million cars with the technology to be taxis, but owners would have to download an app and opt-in. And he hopes one single market will agree to to Robo-taxis by end of 2020. So there won’t be many people out of jobs anytime soon.

I don’t see a majority of Tesla owners wanting to shuttle strangers unsupervised in their personal car. If it is such a money maker, why isn’t Elon making a million cars himself to do this and keep the profits?

Good marketing, I guess.
    Tesla doesn't have the ability to finance and maintain 1 million robo cabs. There are industry incumbents who do, if Tesla can make them. But they're not, because that kind of scale over the next couple years is crazy pants.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

This ^^^ There are 10,000 players who could on average put 100 cars on the road. If the tech ever works out.
    If it ever happens I could see disgruntled unemployed taxi/uber drivers sticking tires at stop lights all day long.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Good marketing, I guess.
    Good marketing or diversion? No no people pay no attention to the missed promises on the model 3, look over here under this curtain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Tesla doesn't have the ability to finance and maintain 1 million robo cabs. There are industry incumbents who do, if Tesla can make them. But they're not, because that kind of scale over the next couple years is crazy pants.

So this was all a big sales pitch to ride sharing companies to buy their cars once regulations are taken care of. And entice new car owners to buy single cars with the hopes of making money with the car in the future. huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Good marketing or diversion? No no people pay no attention to the missed promises on the model 3, look over here under this curtain.

A 10+? 100+? million diversion they have been creating for years perfectly in time to divert the model 3 fiasco? is the model 3 fiasco a big deal anymore? I think all investors can plainly see what has happened and the market has already reacted to that news. Who would he be hiding the news from? It's old news. On to the next fiasco!!!!

So this was all a big sales pitch to ride sharing companies to buy their cars once regulations are taken care of. And entice new car owners to buy single cars with the hopes of making money with the car in the future. huh.

A 10+? 100+? million diversion they have been creating for years perfectly in time to divert the model 3 fiasco? is the model 3 fiasco a big deal anymore? I think all investors can plainly see what has happened and the market has already reacted to that news. Who would he be hiding the news from? It's old news. On to the next fiasco!!!!
    Sotck went down 3+% after the robocar announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Sotck went down 3+% after the robocar announcement.

No shit. Are you trying to make a point?

The ride sharing companies don't have the financing capcity or maintenance infrastructure to manage fleets either. Their cars are either owned and maintained by the driver or by Hertz/Avis/Enterprise. The big 3 rental fleet companies aren't interested in 1 million Elon Musk robo cabs and I doubt that the big cab fleets in NYC, Chicago, etc. are interested either.

It's funny to go back 3 years to the beginning of the thread and see how little has changed with Tesla. Their "autopilot" still kills people, Tesla still can't maintain the cars it sells in a reasonable timeframe. The same people still keep buying Musk's bullshit.... despite some big changes in Tesla for the worse.

Tesla has stopped investing in the infrastructure - chargers, service centers - necessary to deal with it's current fleet of cars. It keeps adding to the product to be released "soon" now we have Semi, Roadster2, Model Y, self-driving taxi fleet all in 2 years. Yet R&D spending keeps decreasing, Tesla keeps laying off staff & execs keep fleeing. And supergenius Elon Musk is spending more time bullshitting on Twitter.

wake the fuck up. Elon's a complete clown.

The ride sharing companies don't have the financing capcity or maintenance infrastructure to manage fleets either. Their cars are either owned and maintained by the driver or by Hertz/Avis/Enterprise. The big 3 rental fleet companies aren't interested in 1 million Elon Musk robo cabs and I doubt that the big cab fleets in NYC, Chicago, etc. are interested either.

I thought you were implying the industry incumbents would be interested in buying them. Wouldn't eliminating pesky workers be a bit of a benefit to them?

As for the million cars, that's the existing Teslas on the road, not what's for sale from Elon. As I understand it. So these are not for sale, looking for buyers. Then again, Tesla hasn't sold a million cars, anyone have an article clearly explaining all this?

I thought you were implying the industry incumbents would be interested in buying them. Wouldn't eliminating pesky workers be a bit of a benefit to them?

As for the million cars, that's the existing Teslas on the road, not what's for sale from Elon. As I understand it. So these are not for sale, looking for buyers. Then again, Tesla hasn't sold a million cars, anyone have an article clearly explaining all this?
    Uber and Lyft would love to buy them, but they have 0 capacity to buy and maintain metal. They could build that capacity in the future, but it doesn't exist now.

The companies that actually finance and manage large fleets are going to be pretty concerned with the blocking and tackling of day to day operations. They won't start buying until they're convinced that the tech is reliable and compatible with running the cars through their lots at large volumes, there is some way to protect against the loss of customers trashing a 100k car, etc.

Good points. I rode in a Lyft last month that had self-driving capabilities, but it was a new BMW 5 series. So Tesla will/already has competition ion the large fleet market, if any car can be configured to self-driving somewhat cheaply.

Uber and Lyft would love to buy them, but they have 0 capacity to buy and maintain metal. They could build that capacity in the future, but it doesn't exist now.
    I don't think Uber and Lyft would love to buy them. For one they'd go from extremely capital light & efficient to extremely capital intensive. What Uber loved was selling the narrative of dominating a robo-taxi future to a credulous tech investing community. Much like Tesla loves selling narrative it can't deliver on.

Of note - Tesla isn't promising driver free robo-taxis. They stated yesterday you'd still have to be in the car.

Now I think about it, you could go to a one-car family with a robo-car. Drive it to work, send it back home to the spouse until you get off work. It would save a shitload of money, obviously with less freedom sharing a car...but it's money in the bank. You could get it to pick up groceries at a store, your MIL at the airport, stalk yer ex-girlfriend wherever she goes, have it go get the tires changed without you, etc.

Now I think about it, you could go to a one-car family with a robo-car. Drive it to work, send it back home to the spouse until you get off work. It would save a shitload of money, obviously with less freedom sharing a car...but it's money in the bank. You could get it to pick up groceries at a store, your MIL at the airport, stalk yer ex-girlfriend wherever she goes, have it go get the tires changed without you, etc.
    This is why rather than reducing congestion driverless cars could get us more traffic with >1 person per car on the road. I'm not sure which way it will go

True. But I wouldn't be in the car and wouldn't care, ha.

Also, I heard you have to be on the Tesla network to have a robo-taxi. So Elon is thinking no rental fleet sales at all, no selling them to Uber/Lyft, etc. Tesla takes a cut of all robo-taxi sales instead.

You can get your grocerys delivered to your home, you can have people come to your house and change tires, you can get your MIL to take a cab. Why would your own robocar be more convenient/cheaper than using the corps automated robocar to deliver the shit for you? this is just the stupid half-baked futuristic visions of suburban infinite plenty musk fans love.

Imagine the freeways clogged with empty cars attempting to do mundane errands for millions of cube monkeys remotely road raging while watching the live feed instead of doing actual work. merica!

spacex-capsule-failure-video

https://futurism.com

"SpaceX Won’t Admit That Its Crew Capsule Exploded
    There was almost certainly an explosion during a SpaceX test this weekend. Why does the company refuse to use that word?"
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You can get your grocerys delivered to your home, you can have people come to your house and change tires, you can get your MIL to take a cab. Why would your own robocar be more convenient/cheaper than using the corps automated robocar to deliver the shit for you? this is just the stupid half-baked futuristic visions of suburban infinite plenty musk fans love.
    How would using a taxi be cheaper than using my own car? Are you really thinking this through? Pretty sure no one will come to my house and do tire changes either, nor do i want them too.

Yeah It could all lead to over use, over congestion, but these are just random ideas at this point. Not fully-baked by any means, lighten the fuck up.