Page 25 of 254 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Yeah but not to the extremes like you see in batteries.

I get 1 mpg less in my Wrangler between winter and summer. A 5% variance.
    Some/most of that is due to fuel blend in winter not temperature directly.

The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says conventional summer-blend gasoline contains 1.7 percent more energy than winter-blend gas, which is one reason why gas mileage is slightly better in the summer.
    Quoted from here:
    https://newsroom.aaa.com/2013/06/wha...lend-gasoline/

This piece of shit showed up with a broken suspension link. No clue from Tesla how it happened. Went to move car and it swallowed up the fender liner... Worst fucking sound ever.

Suspension and liner warrantied... Horrible service experience. Tech had no clue what was going on with the car and I had to rely on text updates.

107k and a Ford Taurus has a nicer interior.... These things suck.

sold
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    This piece of shit showed up with a broken suspension link. No clue from Tesla how it happened. Went to move car and it swallowed up the fender liner... Worst fucking sound ever.

Suspension and liner warrantied... Horrible service experience. Tech had no clue what was going on with the car and I had to rely on text updates.

sold
    QC is one of the main hurdles telsa will face. If they ramp production to where they claim you'll see more and worse issues I'm sure. #pipedream

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

sold
    That's ok. There's probably ten people here in Fairfield County that would pay good money just to park it conspicuously in their driveway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Come on, by June Elon is going to have the best of the best supply chain and 3rd shift, weekend workers in the world!

From his e-mail

Precision

Most of the design tolerances of the Model 3 are already better than any other car in the world. Soon, they will all be better. This is not enough. We will keep going until the Model 3 build precision is a factor of ten better than any other car in the world. I am not kidding.

Our car needs to be designed and built with such accuracy and precision that, if an owner measures dimensions, panel gaps and flushness, and their measurements don’t match the Model 3 specs, it just means that their measuring tape is wrong.

Some parts suppliers will be unwilling or unable to achieve this level of precision. I understand that this will be considered an unreasonable request by some. That’s ok, there are lots of other car companies with much lower standards. They just can’t work with Tesla.
    There is a very wide range of contractor performance, from excellent to worse than a drunken sloth. All contracting companies should consider the coming week to be a final opportunity to demonstrate excellence. Any that fail to meet the Tesla standard of excellence will have their contracts ended on Monday.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Some parts suppliers will be unwilling or unable to achieve this level of precision. I understand that this will be considered an unreasonable request by some. That’s ok, there are lots of other car companies with much lower standards. They just can’t work with Tesla.

There is a very wide range of contractor performance, from excellent to worse than a drunken sloth. All contracting companies should consider the coming week to be a final opportunity to demonstrate excellence. Any that fail to meet the Tesla standard of excellence will have their contracts ended on Monday.
    Big talk for a guy that sacrificed due diligence for speed during the model 3 supplier ramp. Talk big, secretly not give a shit, clean up mess in a few years. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Come on, by June Elon is going to have the best of the best supply chain and 3rd shift, weekend workers in the world!

From his e-mail

Precision

Most of the design tolerances of the Model 3 are already better than any other car in the world. Soon, they will all be better. This is not enough. We will keep going until the Model 3 build precision is a factor of ten better than any other car in the world. I am not kidding.

Our car needs to be designed and built with such accuracy and precision that, if an owner measures dimensions, panel gaps and flushness, and their measurements don’t match the Model 3 specs, it just means that their measuring tape is wrong.

Holy shit, that must have been met with howls of laughter from the supplier industry. He may have signed the company's death warrant with that one, because so many will say, fuck you, asshole, I can sell twenty times the product to just Ford. Or, maybe he's setting himself up for the inevitable bankruptcy. It was the suppliers fault. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Big talk for a guy that sacrificed due diligence for speed during the model 3 supplier ramp. Talk big, secretly not give a shit, clean up mess in a few years. Repeat.
    Companies like Toyota, who are industry standard leaders in assembly line automation and quality, are going to eat Tesla's lunch. Not only are their systems dialed, they have the ability to quickly fix any issues based on an extensive network/ dealer repair shops.

Musk is a visionary no doubt, but he is also a huge dreamer.. dreams rarely come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    dreams rarely come true.

In your tiny world that’s true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dvELj9kkU

4matic, you long any TSLA or just like the ambition?

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

4matic, you long any TSLA or just like the ambition?
    I don’t own any individual issues and less than 10% in equity (REIT’s)

I’m defending Musk as a true scientific visionary, perhaps the greatest ever, vs. the backward looking.

Benny thinks a guy that designed the PT Cruiser and Chevy SSH could do better. Skidog is skateboarding when he could be studying physics and math. Musk has 6 kids himself. College not cheap.

The stock price could drop in half and probably wouldn’t affect the outcome of the company.

Oil and gasoline on the rise too.

Agreed, lotta parrot chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I don’t own any individual issues and less than 10% in equity (REIT’s)

I’m defending Musk as a true scientific visionary, perhaps the greatest ever, vs. the backward looking.

Benny thinks a guy that designed the PT Cruiser and Chevy SSH could do better. Skidog is skateboarding when he could be studying physics and math. Musk has 6 kids himself. College not cheap.

The stock price could drop in half and probably wouldn’t affect the outcome of the company.

Oil and gasoline on the rise too.
    TRUTH

Nope
    Last edited by Bromontana; 01-31-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    In your tiny world that’s true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dvELj9kkU
    That's NOT Tesla. I'm only talking about the car company. The space/rocket shits cool and seemingly profitable since they can get the job done. Management must be better over there at spacex

Greatest scientific visionary? Wow bold statement. The car companies namesake is that guy....not Elon musk.

Rite

If you break the natural tendency to group visionary with good businessman, it fits. He has bigger balls than gov run space agencies, though in an embarrassing twist, he falls behind in basic governance and execution.
    Tesla himself was a shitty business man. Likely due to his mental disorders, still likely the greatest mind so far. IMHO. Edison was a good businessman . He gets credit for being a genius.

Wut

Well, if the fucker puts a rocket on Mars via private financing, that's pretty cool. He's a disaster when it comes to HR, finance, honesty in reporting to the SEC, etc.

But dude does cool shit. And he's built a brand around doing things old business is too scared to try. Legit disruptionary force in several sectors.

Acknowledge the good, buy puts against the bad.
    I said it before. That rocket shit is cool as fuck. He's an idea man. This alone disqualifies him from the real geniuses Tesla, Einstein, et al. He doesnt make rockets that I know of. Dude was a coder.

I see the car company "failing" read this as being bought out and going back to catering to the rich. Tesla's are like iPhones. The fanbois love em. The rocket company is what will ultimately succeed, and that, imho, would be a much greater success than any car he could ever concieve of.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    the problem is his factory vision is as definitive as stage 2 of the underwear gnomes business plan; and at least based on teardowns I've seen and reserach he hasn't mastered the design for manufacturing part of car building - excluding the electronics, which is fantastic.

visionarys can do and believe stupid shit. steve jobs thought fruit juice and veganism would cure cancer. it killed him instead.

Thanks yeah I just threw it out there for comment, I tend to agree with you though. Somehow I recently got subscribed to this Visual Capitalist email feed and that was today's offering.