Page 107 of 255 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6353

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My father worked in sales/marketing for Texaco/Star Enterprise his entire career. They put food on the table and a roof over our heads, but he called them crooks on a daily basis...because they are.
    Capitalism is not a benevolent endeavor. It has victims by nature. Somebody wins, somebody loses.

Look how many people in this forum that bought XOM in the $40’s. No one was saying we or the govt needed to incentivize production or expand refining then.

Told ya:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has a “super bad feeling” about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of jobs at the electric carmaker, he said in an email to executives seen by Reuters.

Good thing he’s opening two new factories, expanding a third, developing three new vehicles, and decided to buy a shitty internet company on the side fir $44 billion. Yup he’s a genius you told us. Remember when he decided to close all the stores because the blow was good?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’m waiting for the Gen 2 Chevy Silverado that hopefully will ditch the Avalanche styling (but still have the pass-through features and Frunk)
    What a massive fail on the part of GM. All they had to do was put a Silverado/Sierra body on that drive train and they guarantee sell out before they even hit dealerships.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Told ya:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has a “super bad feeling” about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of jobs at the electric carmaker, he said in an email to executives seen by Reuters.
    Also:

When asked by a Twitter user whether a recession was approaching, Musk responded: "Yes, but this is actually a good thing. It has been raining money on fools for too long.

Yes, yes it has…

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...economy-2022-6

its going to be even more entertaining as we watch musk continue to gracefully emplode as a public spectacle

most extremely wealthy people know to keep their mouth shut and go about their business poor musk who got beat up too much as a kid who dreamed big and was in the right place and the right time got rich but by dealing with his mental health by using drugs and spending a million bucks here and there like hes some big player and constantly putting his great ideas asswhipe able opinions and vision out there on social media for us to eat up like hes some kinda messiah is pretty laughable

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    its going to be even more entertaining as we watch musk continue to gracefully emplode as a public spectacle

most extremely wealthy people know to keep their mouth shut and go about their business poor musk who got beat up too much as a kid who dreamed big and was in the right place and the right time got rich but by dealing with his mental health by using drugs and spending a million bucks here and there like hes some big player and constantly putting his great ideas asswhipe able opinions and vision out there on social media for us to eat up like hes some kinda messiah is pretty laughable
    Pretty much need a translator for the drivelous slop that comes out of your username but IDKWBIBH.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Told ya:

WTF? Dude manages his business based on emotions. GTFO. The only reason that company is still afloat is that Musk did a good con job on the biz model. The execution sucked ballz so hard, it baffles me that it ever got off the ground. W/o those gov't EV subsidies and carbon credits Musk would have declared bankruptcy. And he has the gall to bitch about the Fed gov't, which basically saved his sorry azz. Color me unimpressed by his business acumen. Still, he managed to do better than Elizabeth Holmes.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Did any of you read the actual email?
    Not cutting the hourly production staff. Keep the cars, batteries and solar flowing 100%. Only a 10% reduction of salaried staff (ie: office bloat)

To: Everybody
    Subject: Headcount Reduction
    Date: Friday, June 3, 2022

Tesla will be reducing salaried headcount by 10% as we have become overstaffed in many areas. Note this does not apply to anyone actually building cars, battery packs or installing solar. Hourly headcount will increase.

Elon

---

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Not cutting the hourly production staff. Keep the cars, batteries and solar flowing 100%. Only a 10% reduction of salaried staff (ie: office bloat)

Tesla will be reducing salaried headcount by 10% as we have become overstaffed in many areas. Note this does not apply to anyone actually building cars, battery packs or installing solar. Hourly headcount will increase.

Elon

---
    Ok, but to justify their valuation you have to believe Tesla is going to have explosive growth over the next 5-10 years. Not sure how they’re going to achieve that with a smaller salaried workforce. Where’s that growth going to come from? Selling the same-old same-old?

Elon

---
    so just engineers, programmers, planners, purchasers?

nobody important

Complete clown for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    so just engineers, programmers, planners, purchasers?
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    nobody important

He's truly an asshole. I read his book a while ago and it proved he truly is a complete asshole. At the same time he is/was a workaholic with incredible demands put upon himself. He's certainly on the spectrum or a spectrum.

I'm surprised he has the attention span for a book. Ghost written?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Almost guaranteed.

Elon

---
    They have two stalled products in the pipeline and the rest of their line needs refreshes/refinement against the incoming 2nd waves of incumbent EV's. Ford+Rivian beating them to the punch with the truck is rough. That plus they've already exhausted their fed rebates, so they have to beat the competition while being thousands cheaper to stay at par. Feels like a hollow out play to just squeeze the profit then sell out the saudi money or something dumb.

I assume anyone who doesn't think most offices can be shaved of 10% of the salaried workforce without major interruption has either:

a) never worked for a large company 10k+
    Or
    b) worked in a very unique (rare) and efficient one

I am no Musk fanbois, and I don't like his management style, I just believe from my own experiences that the is always office person bloat in large companies, especially ones that grow fast.

I assume anyone who doesn't think most offices can be shaved of 10% of the salaried workforce without major interruption has either:

a) never worked for a large company 10k+
    Or
    b) worked in a very unique (rare) and efficient one

I am no Musk fanbois, and I don't like his management style, I just believe from my own experiences that the is always office person bloat in large companies, especially ones that grow fast.
    my experience is nice round numbers are the lazy bloated fat of management morons, and bloat/fat develops from shitty slack culture

and Tesla is supposed to be a super efficient product development machine. Is that bullshit and musk is just a fat middle aged man child who hires people to deliver things for him (like being declared founder, proof of a random dude being a pedo, etc etc)

Maybe he will bring back the Hyperloop, this time from Austin to Crested Butte. But NO WFH, you slack fucks!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

So the super genius threw a tantrum over work from home, on a whim decided to cut 10%, had his fluffers fake this was smart, then walked the whole thing back and decided to expand headcount. In a week. How can anyone who’s lips aren’t surgically attached to his ass not find a pattern here?

oh, and his legal whores are trying to find pretext to ditch the stupid twitter deal. Yup, genius. Not a coke fueled egomaniac who can pay for people to make him look good. The smartest man in any room!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Pretty sure it was this one. The author didn't sugar coat some of his assholeness.
    https://www.google.com/books/edition...kptab=overview

Looks like he’s doubling down on his ‘bots’ fake excuse to not buy twitter.

Sad that he wasn’t able to invent a different excuse. Like ‘twitter enables pedo rings’ or something.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

He may be a clown, but goddamn if Starlink isn't a gamechanger for our van.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1422.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	474.5 KB 
ID:	418818

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    He may be a clown, but goddamn if Starlink isn't a gamechanger for our van.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1422.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	474.5 KB 
ID:	418818
    Wait, you can now use starlink for mobile service? When did that become a thing?