Page 56 of 249 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6219
    Maybe they could sell non-safety-related software updates?

Panasonic made some deal with Toyota for spin-off battery production. Watch out tsla.

The community college divegirl teaches at has a Tesla repair program. Tesla gave them (or maybe just loaned them for free, not sure) like 6 cars so they definitely are trying to build a base of repair knowledge.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit.

And the Saudis'

saudi-fund-hedge-stake-perfect-timing/

Yeah sure, You "thought" a group that owns 5% of your company sold its interest.

Musk told the paper that he wasn’t aware of any contact with the fund for months and he thought that they sold their shares:

“To the best of my knowledge, there has been no communication with PIF for months. I thought they had probably sold their shares. We don’t know if they own any at all.”
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

course. Caixin was reporting yesterday that Chinese banks were looking at putting up $5 billion to finance the new factory. Which means ... who knows. Totally TSLA timeline for that whole thing. Articles they are starting building come before the groundbreaking ceremony which comes before the financing to build.

Consumer Reports no longer recommends the Tesla Model 3

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/tech/...l-3/index.html

Good ol' Elon. So busy diggin crapass tunnels to nowhere and dating a crazy singer that he fucks up the most important product launch his company had since its first car

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Man. Why can't some people just stay away from Twitter?! Is it really that hard, Elon? SMH.

Ego?
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

at this point its a pattern of self-destructive behavior beyond simple ego. He & TSLA got off light in the settlement and they couldn't even pay lip service to it. so is he losing his marbles? or trying to get kicked out?

yeah, if you read TSLAQ its a massive fraud. if it's a massive fraud, who are the external partners and why? Is everyone just uncaring and clueless?

simpler explanation is its a toxic out of control CEO, a board that refuses to rein him in, a work environment with few controls, and a company that's a structural/operational dumpster fire. This kind of culture can be a great fit for the right individual (and many people say they were pushed to do great work at Tesla). Think Uber under Kalanick. This kind of company is pretty much immediately apparent on hiring, so plenty of people leave, especially when much of the compensation is stock based and the stock ain't going to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    The turd sure does sparkle based on the flashy CEO. It is literally the fraud playbook (larger than life personality with yugely ambitious business objectives, etc.).

Lots of external partners get boiled like the frog in my view. They don't know at first and love the revenue. Many successful COs are harsh B2B partners, but they pay their bills. TSLA has suppliers on the hook in terms of being part of their revenue stream, so they do what they can to not screw it up. If and when TSLA fails they'll deal with the fallout. Way too many disincentives for suppliers to outright walk.

Culturally, it's pretty normal late-cycle fraud. Regulatory capture is heightened this cycle as the last few and current Presidents have all been corporatist whores more interested in status quo maintenance than enforcing any principles. Morale at the SEC/IRS/FBI is pretty low from what I gather, which feeds into the dynamic where jagoffs like Elon can publicly taunt regulators with little punishment. After all, regulators can't be seen as a catalyst for layoffs... nevermind the true causality, idiots today substitute optics/simulation for reality.

It's part plutocracy, part idiocracy. Full on erosion of the system from the ground up. A product of QE-policy whereby the hurdle for securing financing is too low & breeds unsustainable businesses.

And I'm gonna go for a walk
    Well said.

so what happens when tesla goes belly up and all these suckers are stuck with cars that need parts, warranty work, the on board computer malfunctions, the list goes on an on..........

as mentioned above in other posts, tesla is one of many companies that has no real value, just propped up by cash infusions and a shitty product/business model, I wish I could wake up every day and not have to worry about anything other than spending money and not having to make any

I'm still waiting for someone to break it too uber that there subcontractor 1099 model of doing business is illegal. It's completely fucked that if I ran my business like they do the irs, state, and every other agency would be up my ass. It's sucks that a big company gets a pass while small businesses get hosed. A legit use of subcontracts would allow the driver to set their own price for driving customers around. Yet uber sets the rates for the subcontractor, they also "help" drivers lease cars, sounds more like an employee situation to me.

It's time to start holding these companies responsible for their actions.

Thanks, end of morning rant, I'm going to work now

Musk recently said that Tesla can be fully autonomous by 2021. Every carmaker is chasing that. Tesla has an installed test fleet doing billions of miles more than the next competitor, Waymo. If that is even close to true Tesla will have the lowest cost battery production and autonomous software.

Also saw a space industry analyst on Bloomberg talking about SpaceX. Crediting Musk that SpaceX has crushed Blue Origin which started before SpaceX. Although, the analyst said victory in that space will not be apparent for years and may not be obvious now.

SpaceX taking NASA men to the ISS this year. First private company too do so.

TSLA up 3% today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by 4matic; 02-27-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Musk recently said that Tesla can be fully autonomous by 2021. Every carmaker is chasing that. Tesla has an installed test fleet doing billions of miles more than the next competitor, Waymo. If that is even close to true Tesla will have the lowest cost battery production and autonomous software.
    Of all the bullshit Musk peddles his promises of autonomous driving are #1. TSLA logged zero self-driving miles in California last year. Zero.

Bluntly TSLA doesn't have the cash to fund all of their development objectives in the next 2 years - and they are going to ramp up mass autonomous driving?

Tesla has no battery technology. Uses aa cells from Panasonic ( or maybe another Japanese battery manufacturer)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The fully self driving pie in the sky is a lot further from the table than 2021.

Big check going out Friday

cnbc.com/tesla-faces-a-cash-crunch
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Tesla has no battery technology. Uses aa cells from Panasonic ( or maybe another Japanese battery manufacturer)

Battery manufacturing technology. The Gigaplant is Tesla design:

Tesla expects that Gigafactory 1 will reduce the production cost for assembling electric vehicle battery packs from overseas suppliers of batteries and Powerwall and Powerpack packs assembly by 30%

Tesla bonds are stable. If it were doomsday tomorrow they wouldn't be.
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...5-usu8810laa18

I can see Tesla Semi caravans being autonomous. The lead truck would have a "pilot" like a mass transit system has. That is especially valuable with truck driver shortages and regulated hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Of all the bullshit Musk peddles his promises of autonomous driving are #1. TSLA logged zero self-driving miles in California last year. Zero.

Bluntly TSLA doesn't have the cash to fund all of their development objectives in the next 2 years - and they are going to ramp up mass autonomous driving?
    All those Waymo vehicles have an operator. Not that much different than a Tesla running in autopilot with an occupant.

All those Waymo vehicles have an operator. Not that much different than a Tesla running in autopilot with an occupant.
    Ok, i understand you're buying into tesla's pr, but there's no way they will ever catch Waymo.

if you ignore the Tesla autopilot deaths and the whole structure of it, sure, not much different.

Tesla needs tons of cash to fund development of Musk's stated goals. He doesn't have it, he hasn't raised it. The brand is being damaged because he hasn't spent cash to expand service, superchargers, fund delivery services, produce a spare parts inventory. That alone will take $100s of millions.

But, but.... Ironman!