Page 137 of 254 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 6349
    It's funny...in a way....the world was able to function before Twitter...and now?

#perspective
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    It's funny...in a way....the world was able to function before Twitter...and now?

#perspective
    The world used to function without most technology, such as the internet, televisions, telephones, internal combustion… roof overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    When’s the last time any programmer or developer was working on production-level code and just sat down and wrote like fifty lines of code from scratch? Does that ever happen?

I know enough about that sort of thing to know I will never know enough about it, but my dev friends basically say they copy paste a lot more than people would believe. And Google how to do stuff, etc.
    Depends. If you're writing some back-end DB access code, or doing a UI event handler, or whatever, then sure, maybe you're copy-pasting a standard structure that gets filled in with the details, and also following well-worn patterns with the fresh code you do write. And I guess that's all some programmers ever do. But if you're writing code supporting a proprietary algorithm (not to mention the algo implementation itself), then you're likely writing a ton of very original code, though probably following some patterns here and there from other stuff you've seen or done ("just sat down"? yes, but maybe after days or more diagramming it out).

He's not asking to understand their code. He's telling them to bring by a prop they can use for him to look smart. Then he'll evaluate their ability to see how smart he is and to explain what they understand about his smartness and his surprising insights.

Meanwhile 99.9% of the world is passing by this thread.

WTF did you you just say?

You’re so proud. And you’re saying nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I actually had a bizarre dream last night about going shopping at WalMart with Elon Musk. He was super agitated because people there didn't recognize him.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Talking VOX: All the times Twitter’s Chief Flip-Flopper has gone back on his word

Nothing new from me, just piling on.

https://www.vox.com/recode/23450058/...rsal-flip-flop

Greatest hits:

Flip-flop: Buying Twitter
    How long before he changed his mind: Three months (from bid to officially trying to get out of the bid)
    Flip-flop: Adding check marks to Twitter Blue
    How long before he changed his mind: Two days (from launch to suspension)
    Flip-flop: Gray check marks
    How long before he changed his mind: Less than a day (from rollout to disappearing)
    Flip-flop: Firing Twitter employees
    How long before he changed his mind: Two days (from firing to calling some back)
    Flip-flop: Parody accounts
    How long before he changed his mind: About a week (from “comedy!” to “it’s not funny when you make fun of me”)
    Flip-flop: Not turning Twitter into a “free-for-all hellscape”
    How long before he changed his mind: A few hours (from tweet to delete)
    Flip-flop: Remote work
    How long before he changed his mind: One week

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Depends. If you're writing some back-end DB access code, or doing a UI event handler, or whatever, then sure, maybe you're copy-pasting a standard structure that gets filled in with the details, and also following well-worn patterns with the fresh code you do write. And I guess that's all some programmers ever do. But if you're writing code supporting a proprietary algorithm (not to mention the algo implementation itself), then you're likely writing a ton of very original code, though probably following some patterns here and there from other stuff you've seen or done ("just sat down"? yes, but maybe after days or more diagramming it out).
    Yep. Copy and past coding is typically when a system is built around an existing infrastructure or CMS. If it's proprietary / custom then there's a ton of original coding work, which is most certainly the case for Twitter. Snippets might be copy and pasted but you still have to understand how to integrate that code - much in the same way lawyers copy and paste sections into legal documents and then make modifications.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yep. Copy and past coding is typically when a system is built around an existing infrastructure or CMS. If it's proprietary / custom then there's a ton of original coding work, which is most certainly the case for Twitter. Snippets might be copy and pasted but you still have to understand how to integrate that code - much in the same way lawyers copy and paste sections into legal documents and then make modifications.
    Maybe altasnob can dumb it down for us.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

You’re so proud. And you’re saying nothing.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    This guy gets it.
    he’s got his pulse on virtue signaling on another social media site with objectively wrong “fact” like the other geezer did

hey nihilist old farts what times shuffleboard?
    Last edited by dunfree ; 11-19-2022 at 10:16 AM.

I will admit I've not read this thread. I do not like what I see when it comes to EM. I read one time that he said he father was a cruel man who made his life hell and with this Twitter take over it appears Elon is proving the old adage "the apple doesn't fall from from the tree" true.

Scott Galloway Sums Up Elon Musk's 'God Complex' In 2-Minute Viral Video
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Very low in the EQ scale.. Like a 9 year old...

I lurv the guy that tweeted new business model: post your own copyrighted material from bot accounts, Sue, rinse, repeat.

Lulz

He didn't let Dotard back on because his rigged bot vote poll said so. He let Dotard back on because he wants the MAGADIOTS to like him and buy his "bulletproof" CyberTrucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    He didn't let Dotard back on because his rigged bot vote poll said so. He let Dotard back on because he wants the MAGADIOTS to like him and buy his "bulletproof" CyberTrucks.
    The Dotard doesn’t want back on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1489EC31-AFB0-4F6C-9DE5-6C2DA2D51C85.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	434746

https://twitter.com/conrad_hotdish/s...IfME7tCXNgb99g

A hilarious anecdote of why twitter is fucked from the ad buyer side - https://www.teamblind.com/post/i-tol...-week-4dnbo1Ft

Took the app off of my phone for now and after several days I don't miss it. Elon is a drama queen and he turned my feed into ads and the same tweets over and over from the same people.

I refresh and get the same posts. If you want to feed my addiction this isn't how.to do it. I waste enough time on these life sucking platforms.

Not that I have ever really understood the culture of Twitter beyond how awesome it is for getting instant updates on information. I'll keep my account while that lasts.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    A hilarious anecdote of why twitter is fucked from the ad buyer side - https://www.teamblind.com/post/i-tol...-week-4dnbo1Ft
    A lot of these folks are my clients and I'm hearing the same. Which is CRAZY right now considering the second half of november is the biggest ad stretch of the year.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Deactivated, goodbye shitbird
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    A lot of these folks are my clients and I'm hearing the same. Which is CRAZY right now considering the second half of november is the biggest ad stretch of the year.
    Yeah. This is what’s going to hurt them the most. Users they can get back, but Twitter ads were a borderline ROI benefit to begin with. I imagine a lot of advertisers won’t ever come back.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Hey, that’s only 93,750 new verified user accounts!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums