Page 118 of 255 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 6353
    Apple's hiring for their new RTP offices here, Amazon corporate's hiring.. Likely Book of Face too as traffic moves back there. Anyone there who wasn't looking elsewhere 3 months ago who wasn't hanging around for the severance package kinda should have known this was coming.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Getting fired is probably one of the better things that can happen there. They are likely vest your stock and give you a large severance, despite the comments in the article. It’s really hard to just fire someone for an arbitrary deadline and not face a lawsuit. According to my friend who worked at Tesla at a high level for years, the normal MO was fire, give a large separation package and get the employee to agree not to sue.

The toxic culture will be interesting over the coming years, both at Twitter and Tesla. Toxic cultures can survive when there is massive growth and financial reward. Not so much when things stagnate or shrink.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

lol, Econ 101 Demand Curve getting drawn in real time:

Name:  Fge0YZvWAAA4KGm.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  54.5 KB

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It’s really hard to just fire someone for an arbitrary deadline and not face a lawsuit. According to my friend who worked at Tesla at a high level for years, the normal MO was fire, give a large separation package and get the employee to agree not to sue.
    No it isn’t. You can fire someone for just about anything. They typically don’t but not because it’s illegal. Only age, religion, sexual orientation etc. are prohibited.

Severance packages are written into corporate documents so that they know the costs if and when they do layoffs. Typically 2 weeks per year or something like that. With that severance agreement you agree to the terms. You can still sue.

“California is an at-will state, which means that an employer can fire you for any reason at any time, with or without cause. This means that if your boss doesn't like your personality, if you run out of work, if they think you're lazy, or if they just don't need you anymore, they can fire you at any time.”

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No it isn’t. You can fire someone for just about anything. They typically don’t but not because it’s illegal. Only age, religion, sexual orientation etc. are prohibited.

Severance packages are written into corporate documents so that they know the costs if and when they do layoffs. Typically 2 weeks per year or something like that. With that severance agreement you agree to the terms. You can still sue.

“California is an at-will state, which means that an employer can fire you for any reason at any time, with or without cause. This means that if your boss doesn't like your personality, if you run out of work, if they think you're lazy, or if they just don't need you anymore, they can fire you at any time.”
    While this is true to the letter of the law I’ve never met an attorney who does defense for employers who would give you that advice. To your point on the corporate documents, they likely have a process for termination, firing someone for blowing a single deadline likely is a violation of their own processes and procedures. Further the stock options likely list the reasons that they can be terminated for cause, missing a single deadline is likely not included. Lastly, termination to avoid paying options is illegal AFAIK and any termination days before options best will be looked at as potential bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol, Econ 101 Demand Curve getting drawn in real time:

Name:  Fge0YZvWAAA4KGm.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  54.5 KB
    That's hysterical.

So does Musk have a business plan or is he just fully winging it?

Netflix is like $8 a month and actually offers a tangible, useful product.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post

He's probably just adding up the revenue disappearing as the advertisers leave and dividing the total dollars by the number of badges. Or by 44 billion dollars BRAHAHAHAHA He should just charge the bots..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Are advertisers leaving? If people like King and other celebs with the blue tag leave that place is going to fall apart leaving a bunch of mouth breathing trumptards drooling on each other.

Dog who caught car.

I dunno shit... but here's my idiot non-self driving car type guy read: So, like twitter draws an audience because interesting ppl post interesting content. People post content for free because it reaches an audience.

I guess if you leave it there, it is a symbiotic relationship... Free content brings audience, People who want audience participate. Twitter markets and sells data.

But if you start charging content creators, I think you better be sure it's the venue/platform that is filling the seats because the service itself is novel and inspires use beyond these interesting people.

Personally, I'd say those days are done. Like a nightclub who starts to over charge the cool celebrity people, they'll just move on unless you give them a reason. Then your club sucks. Who wants to be around a bunch of zeros?

As much as it sucks, at least youtube offers rev-share...wtf does twitter offer that justifies payment?

Even worse, if your blue check becomes synonymous with losers who have to pay for their status, you totally ruined your brand prestige and exclusivity. Twitter would have squandered its one power: crowning VIPs.

yes, right now he’s throwing red meat to MAGA turds. That’s the plan. Destroying the value of current verification (blue check) by selling it, then reinstating a new “public figure” tag only makes sense if you want to be kingmaker.l & are marinated in grievance. Out: journalists. In: catturd2, MAGA troll

If TikTok is restricted social market is wide open.

Maybe the entire world can just get on Slack.

I fucking hate Slack.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Maybe the entire world can just get on Slack.

I fucking hate Slack.
    MS Teams ‘bout to dominate the mid-2020s social media

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    MS Teams ‘bout to dominate the mid-2020s social media
    God please no

Elon, Zuckerberg, or Xi - you can pick your overlord.

Blow, mainlining protein shakes, or cigarettes?

What’s Truth Social? Krokodil?

Tribes is either new or I just heard of it, it sounds like a somewhat better option if you want to be on something social https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tribes...k/id1470445355

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Tribes is either new or I just heard of it, it sounds like a somewhat better option if you want to be on something social https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tribes...k/id1470445355
    Dude, Honeycommb is marketing itself as the better alternative to Tribe!! Plus Lady Gaga uses HC.

Yeah I don't pay much attention to social, obviously. I just heard of Tribes like 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah I don't pay much attention to social, obviously. I just heard of Tribes like 2 days ago.
    I just heard of tribe two minutes ago from you. Quick search says it's liberal as hell

Liberal or just more civilized than FB? I don't post but I lurk on gib and truth social myself. FB sucks balls as a utility.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

50% force reduction:

Twitter reportedly ready to cut about 3,700 employees