Page 148 of 253 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 6320
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    What’s that supposed to mean? There’s only one side to your opinion?
    Weak give up?
    No...just asking if you have a personal axe to grind against tech bros.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I don't mean to throw shade or endorse over worked people, but in Asia, it is a common thing for restaurant and office workers to take sleep breaks after prep or getting the day started. It's a regular thing.

And Dunfool, I've worked way more overnights than you have on the reg. Probably more in the last month alone than you have in a lifetime. And, get this, I'm probably younger than you. Did you sleep today yet? I haven't. Planning on that 2-3 p.m. power meow nap before the rush hits. I've already got a solid 6 hours under me belt. Want to compare?; then put up or shut (or stay) up.

Edit to add: there are quite a few of us out there that aren't wired to the 8-6 clock. A lot. We actually have fun texting each other at 2, or 4:30 a.m.
    yes, dirt poor people in “Asia” slave the fuck away in ways your dumbass in Colorado can’t understand. And they all want to get out of that, I’ve been there dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Axe to grind?
    simping ain’t no way to live son

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    yes, dirt poor people in “Asia” slave the fuck away in ways your dumbass in Colorado can’t understand. And they all want to get out of that, I’ve been there dumbass.

I don't judge. I fall asleep at my desk all the time.

Do you need a siesta amigo? I think so.

But that's none of your business, is it? I didn't think so asshole. Because this is America, and we can do as we please, mostly. And we only pay for our own consequences. That is the difference.

Sleep well. And forever may you rest, like an unspoken proverb of idiocy.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Did you sleep today yet? I haven't.
    Well that explains all the crazy posts by you today. I thought maybe you started drinking early but I guess you never stopped from yesterday. Cocaine is a hell of drug.

I don't judge. I fall asleep at my desk all the time.

Do you need a siesta amigo? I think so.

But that's none of your business, is it? I didn't think so asshole. Because this is America, and we can do as we please, mostly. And we only pay for our own consequences. That is the difference.

Sleep well. And forever may you rest, like an unspoken proverb of idiocy.
    get some sleep tweaker.

Cocaine bear

It’s a thing

There are many examples of companies running their software developers into the ground. Usually the developers have stake in the company so they are actually gaining something by working as slaves. Start ups have the advantage of starting at zero, so if it sells for a few million, the employees can take a piece of that home.

From what I've seen, working people into ground works in short doses, you can get away with it for some years however the technical debt you accumulate is the price you pay.

When you are working 12+ hours a day 5+ days a week you are not documenting correctly, you are not planning properly you are just churning out code that "works". This is especially true if you are in a company that has very little middle management (usually because it's a start up, but I guess if the new owner fired everyone it'd be the same situation) who's job it is to ensure things like that are done correctly.

What you have is highly custom code that only the developers who wrote it understand. If they start to leave, it takes longer and longer to integrate new hires and they will start creating their own paths as it'll be easier then dealing with the original undocumented code. It starts getting very messy.

The start up mentality is to keep it going until you sell or go public and then deal with the problems then.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    Usually the developers have stake in the company so they are actually gaining something by working as slaves. Start ups have the advantage of starting at zero, so if it sells for a few million, the employees can take a piece of that home
    That only works for the people who don't crash and burn somewhere along the 4-year vesting period of their shares. And the piece is only large if the developers come in really early in the life of the startup and the founders give them a few decent option grants.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Judging by the money still getting spent in SF, there are still plenty of companies handing out good stock packages. It’s still working for a shitload more people than you’d think from what I see around here

Isn’t the whole point that if you made your nut within the last twenty years, it doesn’t matter anymore?

You only have to be in the right place once. For Elon, that was being born with apartheid blood money.

ETA
    I can’t access my account from a desktop browser anymore but this Letterman interview with Chapelle was always a good sum of my thoughts. Relevant comments start at 2:35.
    https://youtu.be/r6RZ41p-42o

twitter links with videos have not worked for me the last couple of days on the first try.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Timeline and content loading all sorts of weird today. I definitely notice system degradation.

Somebody check the box fan?

Elon fired his FBI guy;

https://www.firstpost.com/explainers...67941.html/amp

It makes me think the only reason Elon is getting away with his Twatter escapades is because he is providing satellite coverage to Ukraine . If Ukraine ever ends, or receives less coverage in the press, Elon is going to be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post

It makes me think the only reason Elon is getting away with his Twatter escapades is because he is providing satellite coverage to Ukraine
    It’s still hard for govt to step in on an ongoing business and now the red team is all in. look at all the fraudulent crypto, mortgages 2007-08, it’s the sizzle of capitalism.

It’s the risk Twitter is willing to take long term. Musk thinks news is just information vomit and maybe he’s right. It wouldn’t be my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Timeline and content loading all sorts of weird today. I definitely notice system degradation.
    Ya my main notifications page was blank most of yesterday but the other tabs showed mentions and likes..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya my main notifications page was blank most of yesterday but the other tabs showed mentions and likes..
    Nothing a little slave labor won't fix. Time to cut out the sleep breaks. Who do you think you are? The Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Nothing a little slave labor won't fix. Time to cut out the sleep breaks. Who do you think you are? The Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Maybe everyone you follow was shadowbanned for political reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Musk could have just blamed the server box fan.

But no. He has to get all polyass

That happened to me on Truth Social. I'm sure Fux News also allows equal access to all their content and programs..

First amendment free speech has ZERO to do with what businesses allow your views and expression. It's only about whether or not the government can punish you for those expressions.

Facebook and Cambridge Analytics (with Russian bots) manipulated the shit out of the algorithms in favor of Trump over Clinton in 2016
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My casual observation is that the guy waving a big flag about shadow banning being a horrible violation of the first amendment has banned people for making fun of him.

My guess is that most of the cases of people being shadow banned is because they violated the terms of service.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post

My guess is that most of the cases of people being shadow banned is because they violated the terms of service.
    That’s an element, but you should read the releases. It’s not as damning as they’d like you to believe, but there were definitely fingers on the scale.