Page 73 of 254 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 6344
    Things people might want to acquire Tesla for
    -Brand
    -Tech
    -Personnel
    Everything else (factorys, solar biz, lawsuits, debt) are liabilities. I believe the BMW CEO said the only thing they'd be interested in from Tesla is the brand. No one is going to by Tesla for $18billion +$12 billion in debt right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Things people might want to acquire Tesla for
    -Brand
    -Tech
    -Personnel
    Everything else (factorys, solar biz, lawsuits, debt) are liabilities. I believe the BMW CEO said the only thing they'd be interested in from Tesla is the brand. No one is going to by Tesla for $18billion +$12 billion in debt right now.
    You forgot to add their car insurance biz!

What is a mystery is how valuable their tech is. The model 3 is supposedly the most efficient electrical car out there, but didn't they open up their patents (all? some?) for all car manufacturers to use? So what is a secret, and what is not?

not sure about clown, or the stock, but i just saw this the other day...probably not parking violation since its AAA towing...they generally dont patrol the parking lots for no pay violators....so battery maybe?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3715.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	283293
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Tesla's cost of capital is about 9% right now per Jim Chanos today. The move in the stock below $200 is a very big deal. Likely triggering a margin call for Elon so he'll need to sell some, pledge more or con a fund into lending him more cheech.
    This guy seems to have the numbers figured out.

reddit.com/teslainvestorsclub/debunking_the_elon_margin_call_myth/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Damn, dude is carrying a half a billion in personal loans?
    Live Free or Die

SpaceX is worth somewhere around 30 billion and he has multiple billionare friends, so I'm failing to see how Elon will ever be in that much trouble financially. Legally...well that could be a different story with his craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Damn, dude is carrying a half a billion in personal loans?
    mortgaged bunch of his homes in December for $61 million https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ster-mortgages he's juggling lots of personal debt.

He's also juggling lots debt & resources between his corps. See this https://www.businessinsider.com/spac...ompany-2018-12 there's been cross purchases of bonds, also lots of other juggling of personnel, etc. based on reports.

It's one tangled mess of personal & business with a pretty high run rate. commuting 22 miles in your G650ER isn't cheap (nor is it good for the environment), once the empire starts to go if nothing else within it can prop it up .....

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What is a mystery is how valuable their tech is. The model 3 is supposedly the most efficient electrical car out there, but didn't they open up their patents (all? some?) for all car manufacturers to use? So what is a secret, and what is not?
    Software &underlying electronic hardware is the thing that lots of people rave about their Tesla for. It's also imo the one thing that really differentiates it from the generally horrible computer offerings of other car companys. Batterys, motors, chassis, this is car shit car companys know it. The software/electronic stack is the part the legacys have had trouble with ime. How much that's worth? Who knows.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...ays-2019-05-21

morgan stanley bear case for tesla is 10/share and 390/share for the bulls

From that thread.

"And I know it's heresy to suggest that you can compare the valuation of Tesla with its genuinely class-leading tech and brand positioning to Volkswagen, but you know, if the company's not growing, you invite yourself to those comparisons."
    Tesla delivered like 250,000 vehicles last year while VW Group delivered like 10,000,000. VW's 2019 Q1 showed operating profit of about 3 billion. Tesla's Q1...didn't.

I'm starting to think that they really need to stop calling it "Autopilot" as it's really more of an enhanced cruise control.

I think Cadillac was smart in calling their (surprisingly excellent) system "Super Cruise":https://www.cadillac.com/world-of-ca...n/super-cruise
    That seems a better description of where they're all at with the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I'm starting to think that they really need to stop calling it "Autopilot" as it's really more of an enhanced cruise control.
    They definitely should - not just from a safety perspective, but also to help manage inflated consumer expectations given the hype around autonomous vehicle tech. But they definitely won't.

I'll take $37 wagers that TSLA does a reorg, bk or buyout under $125 before end of year. 1:1 odds.

Elon gonna learn a little about the concavity of investor confidence in the months ahead.
    What was our bet? $80 January 2020. It has to close there, right?

I think Cadillac was smart in calling their (surprisingly excellent) system "Super Cruise":https://www.cadillac.com/world-of-ca...n/super-cruise
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb556 View Post
    They definitely should - not just from a safety perspective, but also to help manage inflated consumer expectations given the hype around autonomous vehicle tech. But they definitely won't.

You forgot about the million autonomous taxis in 2020 and no steering wheel/pedals soon after. Autopilot will rule the roads then.

I will be watching for 3's trying to auto brake check me from now on.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

I bet $37 TSLA equity goes sub $80 by June 2020.

Are
    you
    game

bro
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Sure. That will keep it interesting.
    reference

This case has merit
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

That is pouring like an avalance coming down the mountian

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 8.30.52 AM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	283458
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

TSLA's dropping and some dubious bit of news from halfway across the globe comes up to refute the bear narrative. That never happens with this stock

We shall find out in July if this is true

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 10.18.34 AM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	283466
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

I like how possibly exceeding Q4 is suggested as an amazing achievement when when they were forecasting 50% growth for 2019 at the end of last year.

That's just what a car with dubious quality control needs.

Announcing Fifth Bolt Friday! Effective immediately, every member of the assembly line team may omit every fifth bolt (or nut!) on the fifth day of the week. This time saving initiative will help us meet our 5000 unit goal.

...and coming soon: Torqueless Tuesdays!

It's obvious to me that, at some point, Musk realized Tesla wasn't viable. Likely in 2016 or 17.
    I don't think he's ever given a shit. He just moves from one hustle to the next in a rolling scheme of self-enrichment. the daisy chain of Tesla -> Space-X -> Boring -> Neuralink with him rolling resources from one to the next benefiting mostly himself and his family. the infuriating thing at this point is he's grasped it's the era of legal-realism. ain't nobody going to do fuckall to stop his bullshitting as long as he can drive a media narrative. Which is why he silences social media critics and there are so many random anonymous "leaks" at the right time.

But, but, but, you just don't understand. Autopilot doesn't do everything in a plane, what ever would make you think it would do everything involved in driving your car????

Actually, waymo's system works really well, at like speeds though.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk