Page 37 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I still dont think he's a "genius". What has he actually invented? All I see is flashy companies that bought and backed others ideas.
    Like Steve Jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Musk might do well to buy a hotel and lock himself in a room for a bit. Maybe no wifi.

My grandfather worked for Hughes... he had stories.
    Did you watch the movie "The aviator"
    If that was even half true?

Is Musk even half what Howard Hughes was?

It's an interesting comparison. And I never forget what Musk has put on the line to create great things.

He could have banked his billions a very long time ago.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Did you watch the movie "The aviator"
    If that was even half true?

Is Musk even half what Howard Hughes was?

It's an interesting comparison. And I never forget what Musk has put on the line to create great things.

He could have banked his billions a very long time ago.
    I enjoyed The Aviator. I gather a fair amount was fairly accurate.

If Musk rides his own rocket, then he'll be able to compete with Hughes.

I appreciate what he has lead and the companies he has built, particularly SpaceX.

I'm quite disappointed by his recent actions with regard to his total lack of character.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm quite disappointed by his recent actions with regard to his total lack of character.
    My guess would be that he has some type of addiction problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Something that puzzles me about Musk fans: they're offended by 'pedo' but not the fact that Elon lied/lies through his teeth on vritually every public interaction for the last five years.

"Look, I'm cool with a CEO lying about production capabilities or the need for financing, but I draw the line at making fun of British expats on social media"
    I don't follow him that closely (I was last in this thread in March to argue space exploration with Bunny), nor Tesla, but if so he'd be guilty of what many CEOs are guilty of... not a unique thing. Makes it OK? Naw... seems to be a fact of life in industry? I guess?

I still dont think he's a "genius". What has he actually invented? All I see is flashy companies that bought and backed others ideas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That is thecrazy part

His life work history is bizarre

Has he ever really invented anything?
    Has he personally done much?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I didn't realize that Ford, Porsche-VW, MB, GM, Toyota, & Honda execs routinely lie about production capabilities or their plans with regard to financing near-term operations. Thank you for correcting my oversight.
    I definitely am not a car guy and I wasn't referring specifically to auto industry, more to industry in general. I see it all the time in software and technology.

But since we are talking about crazy car industry shit... VW emissions scandal, Ford Pinto, industry's attempt to destroy Ralph Nader for bringing the light to safety, stuck Toyota brakes, the Chevy ignition switch scandal, the airbag recall debacle, exploding Explorer tires, etc

Car industry seems to have plenty of shitheads running the show

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That is thecrazy part

His life work history is bizarre

Has he ever really invented anything?
    Has he personally done much?
    I'm sure he invented some cool programs, but are those "inventions" or "genius"? He's also smart, but far from the smartest. He's a great salesman though.

For the record, to an earlier post, I hardly consider Steve Jobs a genius either. Great business man, fantastic at sales and boosting anticipation. Still doesn't make him a genius.

Ive always thought of Jobs as a perfectionist who'd be a absolute asshole to the engineering team he relied on if he'd thought it would motivate them into producing better product...

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Ive always thought ...
    You're not fooling anyone but yourself...we all know you've never thought a day in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    You're not fooling anyone but yourself...we all know you've never thought a day in your life.
    Yea. A great way to insure success is to ignore all evidence that could possibly derail you.

I bet you are super successful.

I'm sure he invented some cool programs, but are those "inventions" or "genius"? He's also smart, but far from the smartest. He's a great salesman though.

For the record, to an earlier post, I hardly consider Steve Jobs a genius either. Great business man, fantastic at sales and boosting anticipation. Still doesn't make him a genius.

Has Apple introduced anything new, anything earth shaking since he died?

He certainly was a genius of some sort.

I definitely am not a car guy and I wasn't referring specifically to auto industry, more to industry in general. I see it all the time in software and technology.

But since we are talking about crazy car industry shit... VW emissions scandal, Ford Pinto, industry's attempt to destroy Ralph Nader for bringing the light to safety, stuck Toyota brakes, the Chevy ignition switch scandal, the airbag recall debacle, exploding Explorer tires, etc

Car industry seems to have plenty of shitheads running the show
    Yeah, but at least they can produce a lot of, generally, problem free product most of the time, unlike Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Ive always thought of Jobs as a perfectionist who'd be a absolute asshole to the engineering team he relied on if he'd thought it would motivate them into producing better product...
    1000000%

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Has Apple introduced anything new, anything earth shaking since he died?

He certainly was a genius of some sort.
    Maybe hiring and browbeating his employees was his "genius" ?

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    At least he had the "balls" to take the IQ test. You didn't even respond to the challenge.

But yeah... Keep talking shit.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Maybe hiring and browbeating his employees was his "genius" ?

Maybe. But no corporation is a single person. That's the game. And he was able to extract something out of his people that was pretty amazing. It's a skill. Musk can't do it. And I'll bet he's as much an asshole to his people as Jobs was.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

holy moley still crying about the iq test!

Yeah, but at least they can produce a lot of, generally, problem free product most of the time, unlike Musk.
    At least at least at least

Takata airbag recall 24 billion dollars, 37 million vehicles, dozens of deaths... that's half of TSLAs market cap.
    VW emissions scandal with a conspiracy to lie and deceive and pollute... 30 billion dollars, 11 million vehicles, a megaton of NO emissions.
    Toyota Lexus recall 9 billion dollars, 9 million vehicles, 38 dead
    Exploding Ford Tires, 3 million vehicles, 271 dead, 700+ injured
    GM ignition switches known problem that was hidden from NHTSA by GM, 5 million vehicles, 303 dead
    Jeep gas tank explosion problem, 2.7 million recalls, 478 dead by burning to death in otherwise minor fender benders
    Ford Bronco stability disaster, known safety issue that Ford decided to ignore because it was expensive to fix, billions in settlements, 17K accident victims, 800+ dead

But you know who is the real motherfucker here? That asshole who isn't delivering cars on time! If he doesn't deliver his cars on time, there is no way he can kill enough people fast enough to catch up with the big boys!

I'm no Tesla fan and I have no plans to buy one... but seriously trying to say Musk is the worst of the worst because of production delays is fucking delusional. IF he doesn't go bankrupt, one day he can aspire to fuck up as badly as the other automakers... until then he is small fry with a big bullseye in a big pond where the other assholes hate him more than each other...

Don't blame Ford for those tires. Blame stupid drivers who think tires stay inflated.

Don't blame Ford for those tires. Blame stupid drivers who think tires stay inflated.
    Wasn't that the Explorer not the Bronco?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Musk is both entrepreneur and carnival barker. Praise the entrepreneur and scorn the carnival barker.

The Tesla Model 3 is something of a masterpiece in terms of design and the Munro teardown folks estimate profit margins are 30%. But Tesla’s production capability is still a junkshow, Musk commented "go to Ford, it looks like a morgue," after visiting the Ford F150 plant, Ford responded with, "No doubt the vibe is funky in that makeshift tent.”

Last edited by MultiVerse; 07-18-2018 at 09:45 AM.

But you know who is the real motherfucker here? That asshole who isn't delivering cars on time! If he doesn't deliver his cars on time, there is no way he can kill enough people fast enough to catch up with the big boys!
    Yeah, the big boys have got Tesla beat but Tesla's autopilot causes accidents and kills people too largely because people are treating it like an autopilot instead of a driver's assist.

Every time there's a crash attributed to autopilot Musk blames the driver for not paying attention. By Tesla's standards the driver is at fault but they also keep selling cars with "autopilot." Like the big boys, Tesla also plays games and withholds data from the NTSB during crash investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, the big boys have got Tesla beat but Tesla's autopilot causes accidents and kills people too largely because people are treating it like an autopilot instead of a driver's assist.

Every time there's a crash attributed to autopilot Musk blames the driver for not paying attention. By Tesla's standards the driver is at fault but they also keep selling cars with "autopilot." Like the big boys, Tesla also plays games and withholds data from the NTSB during crash investigations.
    Agreed

Give him time...