Page 106 of 254 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6330

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Back to work, you lazy louts! I wonder what would happen if even 10% of the white collar staff just said F it, I'm gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p...094406796.html
    That’s how you cut work force and they won’t be the only one that does this. You heard him say we’re in a recession that will last 18 months with many bankruptcy. Time to clear the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That’s how you cut work force and they won’t be the only one that does this. You heard him say we’re in a recession that will last 18 months with many bankruptcy. Time to clear the deck.
    why is the growth company that’s going to dominate the car industry with lots of cash in the bank that needs to expand capacity and develop new product looking to cut workforce?

he says lots of shit, most of it bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why is the growth company that’s going to dominate the car industry with lots of cash in the bank that needs to expand capacity and develop new product looking to cut workforce?

he says lots of shit, most of it bullshit
    Because it's not going to dominate the car industry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

When times get tight.. shitty employers try to find ways to make your daily grind unbearable so you quit. When times get tight, good employers offer early retirement and severance packages in addition to making sure the termination is on them so the downsize victims get unemployment...

To be fair, if these folks were hired pre pandemic under the scenario where working on site was strongly preferred it's not exactly unreasonable to request that they return to that work model again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If no truck, roadster, or semi for years don’t need slack staff.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    There's massive competition coming. TSLA is just going to be another boutique EV car mfg. that used carbon credits to make ends meet.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There's massive competition coming. TSLA is just going to be another boutique EV car mfg. that used carbon credits to make ends meet.
    Tesla are going to get eaten alive.

Their only hope is a big manufacturer deciding that it's cheaper to buy or license their "tech" rather than develop their own, which seem unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Their only hope is a big manufacturer deciding that it's cheaper to buy or license their "tech" rather than develop their own, which seem unlikely.
    My view as well.

Our man Elon, the embodiment of 'a faster horse'. 21st century cars built in a 19th century work culture. While pimping meme coins and trolling the socials. And tunnels. Don't forget the grand idea of tunnels...for cars.

I don't know what it's like to work at Tesla. I could imagine there's some allure for young talent to be involved with something sexy. But after that pixy dust wears off, professionals tend to like avoiding unnecessary drama. Whimsical and demanding bosses better come with a built in compensation asshole tax because otherwise, you are... non-competitive.

Oh. I thought the reductions were because FSD is finished and ready to be launched.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Our man Elon, the embodiment of 'a faster horse'. 21st century cars built in a 19th century work culture. While pimping meme coins and trolling the socials. And tunnels. Don't forget the grand idea of tunnels...for cars.

I don't know what it's like to work at Tesla. I could imagine there's some allure for young talent to be involved with something sexy. But after that pixy dust wears off, professionals tend to like avoiding unnecessary drama. Whimsical and demanding bosses better come with a built in compensation asshole tax because otherwise, you are... non-competitive.
    My guess the pay structure has the stock options as motivator. Now that TSLA is not seeing those outsized gains backed by zero fundamentals to drive those gains, you will see talent jump to the next white unicorn meme company.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Can buy a Chevy Bolt for less than half lowest price Tesla and Tesla no longer has the $7500 tax credit.

The Detroit automaker cut the cost of the Bolt EV to a starting price of $26,595, down $5,900 from the 2022 model year. GM also reduced the price of its larger Bolt EUV by $6,300 to start at $28,195. All pricing includes a mandatory $995 destination charge.

https://electrek.co/2022/05/27/which...ax-credit/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Oh. I thought the reductions were because FSD is finished and ready to be launched.
    ML models are never "done". They need constant maintenance to prevent drift.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    ML models are never "done". They need constant maintenance to prevent drift.
    They’d have to start

They’d have to start
    Oh, they have one. It's just not good. Some of the early press/bloggers had to stop it from driving down streetcar lines.

Oh, they have one. It's just not good. Some of the early press/bloggers had to stop it from driving down streetcar lines.
    theres a whole ton of bullshit about Tesla collecting driving data easily disproved by the nature of the data they’d have to collect, which is to say they’ve collected jack shit

Bidens gas prices will sell Tesla’s with or without Libs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	417916
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Can buy a Chevy Bolt for less than half lowest price Tesla and Tesla no longer has the $7500 tax credit.

The Detroit automaker cut the cost of the Bolt EV to a starting price of $26,595, down $5,900 from the 2022 model year. GM also reduced the price of its larger Bolt EUV by $6,300 to start at $28,195. All pricing includes a mandatory $995 destination charge.

https://electrek.co/2022/05/27/which...ax-credit/amp/
    GM also has new battery tech that requires way less rare materials and they claim has longer life. If true that’ll be huge. The Tesla valuation was always a story of why Wall Street is just a scam. Anyone with half a brain could tell the bigger manufacturers would eventually eat them up. But some people made a bunch of money and others will lose a bunch. I still think that the company that makes the most normal looking EVs will crush it. The f150 lightning is going to sell like crazy and the reviews coming in are really good. After federal tax credit it comes it at $32k for the base model (exact same power train as high end), which is insane.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I’m waiting for the Gen 2 Chevy Silverado that hopefully will ditch the Avalanche styling (but still have the pass-through features and Frunk)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ding ding ding!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Bidens gas prices will sell Tesla’s with or without Libs.

i thought you said you didn’t do politics dumbfuck?

theres a whole ton of bullshit about Tesla collecting driving data easily disproved by the nature of the data they’d have to collect, which is to say they’ve collected jack shit
    Are they collecting from every Tesla? No, absolutely not. Do they still have a fuckton of telematics data and vision data - Yes. Will it give them a meaningful advantage? No.

Also fuck off Cono. Right now energy companies are profit harvesting so they can double dip on financial and political goals. Like they do every time they can.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Are they collecting from every Tesla? No, absolutely not. Do they still have a fuckton of telematics data and vision data - Yes. Will it give them a meaningful advantage? No.

Also fuck off Cono. Right now energy companies are profit harvesting so they can double dip on financial and political goals. Like they do every time they can.
    I never thought my oil and gas portfolio would be doing so well, just mad I didn’t load up on defense stocks as well.

You guys are real sharks. What’s next?

My father worked in sales/marketing for Texaco/Star Enterprise his entire career. They put food on the table and a roof over our heads, but he called them crooks on a daily basis...because they are.