Page 79 of 250 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 6250
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, what you do is very simple but politically impossible. Federal gas tax of two dollars, phased in over a period of time, that will pay for transportation infrastructure, and will also kill gas guzzlers with market forces.

Works in Europe.
    Screw the gas tax on regular people. Put it on the Exxon's of the world and let's raise the fuel economy standards that Trumptard put the kibosh on because he's a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    That cost goes directly to the people, fyi. Maybe learn about econ? Or just continue to be lazy and swim in the current of populism. Your choice.
    Yup! Big corporations don't ever really pay taxes. The people do. Any time you want to get "the man" with fees and higher taxes, all they ever do is just tack on fees or bake in the prices for the end consumer. Take a good close look at your cable, telephone, or even utility bills. Look at the ACTUAL break down in fuel costs. Yeah, Exxon ain't exactly eating those costs. YOU are.

Life isn't perfect. Sorry. But at least the roads and bridges and tunnels will work and the air will be cleaner.
    Sounds peachy for Europe where population density's high and it's so freaking tiny. Different story here. It's like you've never been to the flyover states or something. Good mass transit just ain't happening for a large chunk of America and people NEED personal transportation that isn't going to bankrupt them in vehicle or operating costs.

Besides, the banks will just make it even easier to buy a car. Like anybody is paying cash.
    Sure, so keep the poor people poor by continuing to enslave them into debt even further. Winning proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You and Bro are so caught up in the hate that you cannot look at anything rationally when it comes to a Musk company. Which is fine, just sayin'.
    I blame the CEO of a company with systemic quality, honesty, and ethics issues. Especially when he has a demonstrable record of fraud.

Feel free to read the lawsuit before you stan for Elon, or just bullshit for him and undermine the cause you claim to support. "total lifecycle costs" are predicated on the product having a reasonable lifetime. that's production, installation, service. I see little evidence Elon gives a shit about any of that - and I see a fanboi culture that angrily insists he shouldn't have too. He cares so much about pollution his factory in Freemont spewed paint fumes for years.

Not really. You're too lazy to even figure out what positions are so you invent them and sit behind this edifice of fictitious interpolation.

That cost goes directly to the people, fyi. Maybe learn about econ? Or just continue to be lazy and swim in the current of populism. Your choice.
    Haha! You crack me up. You're so smart bro. What's an econ genius like yourself doing posting on a ski forum? Shouldn't someone as brilliant as you be riding snow in the southern hemisphere or lounging on a tropical island with all your money?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Sounds peachy for Europe where population density's high and it's so freaking tiny. Different story here. It's like you've never been to the flyover states or something. Good mass transit just ain't happening for a large chunk of America and people NEED personal transportation that isn't going to bankrupt them in vehicle or operating costs.

Sure, so keep the poor people poor by continuing to enslave them into debt even further. Winning proposition.
    Well, again, maybe people are living in places in this country that they shouldn't, or, if they so desire, they should pay a premium for that. There's a reason the big Eastern cities are still viable, and will stay viable well into this century. Energy efficient, and it actually rains there. I mean, Vegas, what the fuck?

And, if poor (and middle class people) didn't have easy to obtain credit, they wouldn't have shit.

98% of the Teslas I see in my area, quite a number this year, are owned by second homeowners. Mr. and Mrs. Green saving the earth on the drive to their landscaped heated and cooled 2nd or 3rd + house in the country. Probably buy carbon offsets for the full green douche award.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    98% of the Teslas I see in my area, quite a number this year, are owned by second homeowners. Mr. and Mrs. Green saving the earth on the drive to their landscaped heated and cooled 2nd or 3rd + house in the country. Probably buy carbon offsets for the full green douche award.
    Yo, it's all good. They're just following Al Gore's lead of having multiple sprawling estates. He's a real role model for proper environmentalism, ya know! Now if they REALLY want to do as the environment champ does, they'll also employ a fleet of Chevy Tahoes and private jets as well. Otherwise, are they even really going green? I mean, come on. We should ALL be flying private to Geneva and Cannes for the world environmental conferences if we truly care about the Earth. /s

It's vain to suggest someone you perceive as having superior intellect to be a genius. What if you're just an idiot?
    Ha! Clearly I am the idiot for having such perceptions.

Yeah, but what percentage of all the homes are 2nd's up there? You guys survive on tourism and beer.

Yup. Nothing more damaging to the atmosphere than a MacMansion in ski country or, God forbid, on the waterfront somewhere. And yet, the greeny upper crusty ex hippies have saturated the world with these things since 1965. The hypocrisy is blatant.

Not really. You're too lazy to even figure out what positions are so you invent them and sit behind this edifice of fictitious interpolation.
    You and dumbfee are getting to be a bit comical on the hate here. We get it, you guys think Elon is a real-life 1D Dr. Evil. Anyone argument to the contrary will be shit upon immediately and ridiculed here.

It's probably a small percentage of owners, but also realize some people do buy it because it's the fastest production car and wayyyyyy easier to drive than a GT3, ferrari or whatever supercar that is a lot harder to tame.

Anyways, we are all hypocrites if we want to play that game, nobody wins the human contradiction contest. See twitter arguments for details on how this works, ad infinitum.

Joe Kennedy made his fortune at that game. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You and dumbfee are getting to be a bit comical on the hate here. We get it, you guys think Elon is a real-life 1D Dr. Evil. Anyone argument to the contrary will be shit upon immediately and ridiculed here.
    yeah, I think elon's a hypocritical fraud and you aren't saving the planet by driving a tesla. just like the wework jackass commuting by G650 and banning meat to save the planet is just another hypocritical grifter. i think most of the late 10s woke environmentalism is bullshit greenwashing for millenial assholes.\

i also know there isn't fuck all going to change your mind, or jackstraws or anyone else fluffing musk. it's just a green version of the dumfuck trumpalos.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    It's probably a small percentage of owners, but also realize some people do buy it because it's the fastest production car and wayyyyyy easier to drive than a GT3, ferrari or whatever supercar that is a lot harder to tame.
    He lives in Vermont. Nobody owns GT3s or Ferraris. They drive Subarus.

You can use the gas tax to pay for shit like health care for all...which would help those poor people that can't afford the gas or health insurance or provide them with rebates to buy more efficient cars. Not saying I am advocating for those two policies exactly but saying there are ways to tax gas and not completely fuck over the working class that need to get around affordably.

And I see you guys are back at it with the carbon shaming. Hamster wheels to nowhere.

He lives in Vermont. Nobody owns GT3s or Ferraris. They drive Subarus.
    you are just worried some 2nd homeowners going to race you for pink slips.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Hamster wheels to nowhere.
    that's a harsh way to describe the "virtue" of your Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    that's a harsh way to describe the "virtue" of your Prius.
    I lose with assholes like you driving my Prius or my lifted 4R. Shrug.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not really true. Hyperbole is just the language of the internet. Tribal warfare where keystrokes are the only weapons. Strawjack just happens to be a particularly low-information dullard flailing with logical constructs he can't quite get a handle on.

Zooming out, it's pretty strange to see people embrace securities fraud. I didn't think I'd live to see it, but here we are.
    This is too disjointed of a response to confidently respond to.

yeah, I think elon's a hypocritical fraud and you aren't saving the planet by driving a tesla. just like the wework jackass commuting by G650 and banning meat to save the planet is just another hypocritical grifter. i think most of the late 10s woke environmentalism is bullshit greenwashing for millenial assholes.\

i also know there isn't fuck all going to change your mind, or jackstraws or anyone else fluffing musk. it's just a green version of the dumfuck trumpalos.
    Change my mind from thinking what? What the fuck are you taking about, what have you figured out? Nothing. You are such a knee-jerk intellectual. One year ago I was driving a 2008 4Runner, knowing this.... I must be X and X, right? What am I? What car do you drive so I can tell you exactly how you think and what kind of person you are, Dumbfee?

some triggered eco-snowflakes.

there'll be more musk spam soon enough and the thread'll get another bump. then some element of the fraud will unravel, someone will post about it, and one of the totally-not-kneejerk Tesla fanbois will shit on the argument without bothering to read the link.

the ouroboros at work.

We're almost to page 100.
    I would guess this is due to you and dumbfee.

there'll be more musk spam soon enough and the thread'll get another bump. then some element of the fraud will unravel, someone will post about it, and one of the totally-not-kneejerk Tesla fanbois will shit on the argument without bothering to read the link.

the ouroboros at work.
    You and bro have convinced me and everyone here Elon is a fraud. But the problem we have with you is not Elon, it’s that you are a gigantic smug asshole. That’s what this is about, not Elon. You are like the guy who criticizes someone who bikes to work by saying THEY DONT CARE BOUT THE ENVIRONMENT THEY LIKE THE EXCERCISE!!! Uh, no shit and who cares. And no one thinks they are saving the world buying an electric car, but thanks for telling us how perceptive you are about total strangers 1000 miles away through a narrow telescope. Your shit stinks worse than most.