Page 105 of 250 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6250
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	735A839C-E0F7-4F96-90A4-001603C7364A.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	704.6 KB 
ID:	417210

Nice.

Next down cycle in stocks will be led by TSLA. It will take a while for the indices to diverge.

Elon's always been a douchebag, it's just historically he was willing to put money on the line to do interesting things. Now he seems obsessed with his own personality cult rather than useful stuff, so I'd expect things to go sideways sooner rather than later, especially given his companies aren't known for being kind to employees at any level.

Modern day Howard Hughes??

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Tissue boxes for footwear never go out of style

As long as SpaceX keeps yeeting rockets, I don't care about Elon's good/bad fortunes
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

SpaceX ability to lose money bigly launching rockets and polluting the night skies with a very nice system is dependent on the narrative of Musk as genius.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    More like Ford.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...c54_story.html

Consider: At its current stock price of $675/share, and with more than a billion shares outstanding, Tesla is “worth” $675,000 for each of the million cars it manufactured in the past year—it is selling, even now, at not just 90 times earnings, but 11 times trailing annual revenue. Think that, as equities, Tesla shares to have a long-run permanent earnings yield of 5%/year in order to support stock valuations. Thus the company’s realistic projected permanent earnings have to be $35 billion/year. Selling all the cars sold in America, and selling each for a profit of $20,000 per car, and getting there very quickly (for money in fifteen years is worth half of money today at standard equity discount rates)—that is what the marginal Tesla shareholder right now is “thinking” about Tesla and its prospects. (If you think it is going to take ten years for Tesla to reach market dominance, you need $30,000 profit per car.)Or they could do it with a quarter of the American car market, with profits of $80,000 per car.
    Or they could do it with a quarter of the American car market, with profits of $160,000 per car if it took them 15 years to get there.”

https://braddelong.substack.com/p/te...ioH_pWOvYY&s=r

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    As long as SpaceX keeps yeeting rockets, I don't care about Elon's good/bad fortunes
    Maybe the board can kick his toxic ass out of the decision loop same way Papa John got relighted to just making money off the pizzas..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Maybe the board can kick his toxic ass out of the decision loop same way Papa John got relighted to just making money off the pizzas..
    Can’t happen with the current structure at either company

This is awkward but I wouldn't mind if the 30,000 points of light disappeared. Talked to the contractor this morning that is going to pull a fiber cable to my place.

.unilad.co.uk-develops-plan-destroy-elon-musk-starlink-satellites
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This is awkward but I wouldn't mind if the 30,000 points of light disappeared. Talked to the contractor this morning that is going to pull a fiber cable to my place.

.unilad.co.uk-develops-plan-destroy-elon-musk-starlink-satellites
    we really need space junk cleaned up vs. just disabled. We're going to be entombed in prohibitive dangerous debris moving 20000mi/hr.

Sounds like a job for lasers. Giant space lasers...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

On sharks?

I am actually here in this very important thread to just repeat the fact this guy is a giant cunt and needs to be boycotted. I will never buy a Tesla, his internet service or use Twitter. Fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Or Hearst. This abrupt political flip flop sure is reminiscent of Hearst publicly turning against FDR, despite the rather obvious fact that his empire was built on newspaper buyers who loved FDR.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    we really need space junk cleaned up vs. just disabled. We're going to be entombed in prohibitive dangerous debris moving 20000mi/hr.
    I expect they regard cleaning up the mess as the next century's problem. As the "unnamed scientist" knows, short of hacking it and taking over control, the Starlink system is simply too big to be attacked in any meaningful way without risking collisions and then life imitates Gravity as debris makes more debris. So any plan is an element of WWIII. Part of China's deterrent/MAD. Particularly the use of cheap weapons in large numbers.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The only thing I've seen on Starlink is that is has been useful in Ukraine (and apparently third world countries w/ out internet) where the infrastructure has been devastated. I don't know how accurate that info is, but if true, that is a good thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The only thing I've seen on Starlink is that is has been useful in Ukraine (and apparently third world countries w/ out internet) where the infrastructure has been devastated. I don't know how accurate that info is, but if true, that is a good thing imo.
    I suspect China (and Russia?) is pissed because maybe their oppressed citizens can access the REAL internet via StarLink free of the restrictions the government plan offers.. They want Twitter and Tik Tok too!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Name:  150ECCD1-C032-45B1-A1E6-47380BD68284.jpeg
Views: 734
Size:  138.1 KB
    Its a misunderstanding. Elon is on the spectrum so sometimes his use of literal and figurative language gets confused plus he never seems to realize tweeting is the same as talking out loud. He meant "owning" in the literal sense. He literally thinks acquiring Twitter will help him in his quest to control people's minds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F584F6CB-7CE3-4EDC-BCE9-8CA7FC0E7F42.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	417434

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

https://slate.com/technology/2022/05...er-fables.html
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Back to work, you lazy louts! I wonder what would happen if even 10% of the white collar staff just said F it, I'm gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p...094406796.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch