Page 43 of 254 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Elon's method

1 - hire talent
    2 - alienate talent by attempting to force them to deliver on your mania-induced production targets
    3 - further alienate talent by pressuring them to cosign on less-than-ethical decision making
    4 - craft generic explanations for why talent leaves
    5 - use position of power to domineer mid-level managers & force them to do what talented upper mgmt wouldn't agree to (see operations & accounting, in particular)
    6 - kind of fail, kind of succeed in execution while creating a wake of burned bridges and legal liabilities
    7 - play dumb and call people names when called out on shenanigans
    8 - change the world
    where does the thai soccer team rescue fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Confessional may make it easier to go private. He will have to give up operational control with private partners.

“Hero takes a fall”.

Hopefully he takes some time for himself.
    such empathy. woe is elon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    He's on the record openly speculating that shorts could destroy the company. Which is to say Elon believes there's a decent chance that negative publicity and market pressure will cause Tesla to collapse (of course it's spun as illegitimate, because reality distortion field). Believe him, not me.

There are quite a few scenarios where that can take place. SEC action is one. A liquidity crisis is another (they can't raise cash now). Solar City & shareholder lawsuits could get ugly with discovery & trigger related action. NTSB sanctions, albeit low probability. Beyond those, you have basic operational issues that could lead to another quarter of failing to meet guidance. My understanding is that around 25% of M3 orders have been cancelled, and they've taken the $35k model off the website, so ongoing demand for the M3 should taper off as the preexisting backlog is eliminated.

But to be frank, I think Elon & Tesla's CFO are playing a shell game in reporting and are actually in desperate need of cash to fund operations. If Tesla goes b/k it means SpaceX investments in Solar City debt will go towards zero. Elon's whole empire is riding on investor perception of Tesla, which is heavily indebted, facing a barrage of regulatory and legal hurdles & running out of cash while unable to raise it via stock/bond offerings.
    Nice, good stuff. Thanks. Skidog, take notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Iphone numbers are higher than any other single brand for the most part, doesn't make it a great device imho. Thats how I see Tesla, a status thing. I also think that's where they should've stayed, luxury market. Not cars for all.

I did read the ubs article among others. The tear downs were more than just volt it was at least 2 maybe 3 other manufacturers. Again all the engineers all stated most of what Tesla has is way ahead of the competition, but it's still a status symbol like an iPhone which is why the numbers are skewed in your above graph. They all also said they really don't see a good, if any profit margin. You're numbers suck too cause the point is production of a consumer class car. I agree the luxury market was their spot.

No matter what you say Tesla is currently a money pit Elon himself likely can't dig out of. If it's to succeed he needs to step away from day to day type operations.

You can surely keep sucking his cock though. I never said his ideas were bad, I just think he's a shitty manager and doesn't have a clue what can or cannot actually be delivered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Skewed? Sales are sales. And you are ignoring articles that says it can be profitable, why is that? Are you mentioning tear-downs that shorters financed? Love it. I'll continue to bust your tiny chicken balls if you continue being a blowhard. I may disagree (sometimes, not always) with Bromontana and dunfree,etc, but they are not cluckers. You are a riot, man.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    such empathy. woe is elon.
    I don’t wish failure on others like you and skidog.

hee hee sure you do. much more than i ever could.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

One of many buffoons running Tesla:

https://cs.stanford.edu/people/karpathy/

One of many buffoons running Tesla:

https://cs.stanford.edu/people/karpathy/
    Not sure what your point is. That dude is fucking brilliant. I've been following his writings about recurrent neural networks for a couple years.

But he's not going to solve their operational issues. It's a stretch to say that he's 'running Tesla'.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Nice, good stuff. Thanks. Skidog, take notes!

Skewed? Sales are sales. And you are ignoring articles that says it can be profitable, why is that? Are you mentioning tear-downs that shorters financed? Love it. I'll continue to bust your tiny chicken balls if you continue being a blowhard. I may disagree (sometimes, not always) with Bromontana and dunfree,etc, but they are not cluckers. You are a riot, man.
    We will see when musk is out and I'm 100% right. Very few, if any, articles of any merit say it can be profitable at 35k. I've read more than a few. We can surely disagree, but much like jobs apparently plenty of people buy into bullshit. Least jobs turned apple around. Musk is a huge wild card.

You apparently believe he himself can turn it around. My view is hardly far off from many other here. You choose to single mine out. I think you're obssessed. I appreciate the sentiment but I'm not into guys. Bet you could get musk stoned enough to bang ya though.

I don’t wish failure on others like you and skidog.
    It's not a failure if he does the right thing. He's bitten off clearly more than he can chew. Made promises he's unlikely to be able to keep. Man up and let people who know cars do their thing. SpaceX is plenty accomplishment, but as mentioned he stays mostly out of that.

You apparently believe he himself can turn it around. My view is hardly far off from many other here. You choose to single mine out. I think you're obssessed. I appreciate the sentiment but I'm not into guys. Bet you could get musk stoned enough to bang ya though.

I don't think Elon can turn it around himself, wrong again Skidog.

Love how you get called out on being a bullshitter and instead of providing links to show your case, you revert to fag jokes as a comeback. Cluck, cluck. Grow up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    FIFY
    I don't really follow tesla closely but that's fucking awesome

Sixty Nine Smegma
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It's the oil that keeps things running in a circle jerk.

I don't think Elon can turn it around himself, wrong again Skidog.

Love how you get called out on being a bullshitter and instead of providing links to show your case, you revert to fag jokes as a comeback. Cluck, cluck. Grow up kid.
    You already know the answers why provide links? Waste of my time. I have my opinion of the situation, you have yours. Let's see who's right. Elon is the only failure of Tesla. His money is good, his management sucks.

So do you hope he spoons you after he's finished?

I have my opinion of the situation, you have yours. Let's see who's right.
    I don't have a good opinion if the cars are profitable or not, I don't work with cars and have no idea. You over and over (and over and over) you think I share a different opinion: and that's the ONLY reason I'm busting your chicken balls. I'm calling you out on being a smug blowhard, in this thread and yes we remember you ripping on BC skiers when you got called out being a blowhard there too. You only say the sky is falling because someone told you it is, WTF?

You don't get any fucking gold stars for guessing right. Anyone can guess. I've been saying forever it's no about whose right or wrong, and you will read this and be confused, ignore it, and respond with a gay joke. Sigh.

Anyways, I have broken and trampled on the golden rule with you, so I need to step back a bit and mellow out.

Interesting video. He loves this stuff. Paint shop is his spot.

Elon Musk says Tesla could produce $25,000 car in 'maybe' 3 years, but cites industry challenges

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/18/elon...3-years--.html
    Last edited by 4matic; 08-18-2018 at 05:53 PM.

FWIW Tesla is getting hammered this morning, futures down $15.50 to $290. Goldman Sachs said they are surprised that Tesla has done very little work exploring going private. GS lowered Tesla target price to $195. JP Morgan also downgraded Tesla this morning.

it's starting to come undone. they need to get a leader in for operations

i really think the company is going to go through some sort of bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    it's starting to come undone. they need to get a leader in for operations

i really think the company is going to go through some sort of bankruptcy
    Muted thinks differently, but I'm just a dummy.

Looks like the Saudis just invested into Lucid motors instead of Tesla. Will they invest in both though?

I dunno, I'll ask the sheik when we play tennis this afternoon...doesn't look good to me though.

Muted thinks differently, but I'm just a dummy.

Ha, no I don't. You don't understand any of my posts and probably won't re-read my posts, so you'll never know.

fyi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Motors

had never heard of them

The recent 10% layoff is pretty typical equity investor behavior. You bring them a bag of money or go through layoffs every six months. I've seen it first hand many times. Stack ranking is still alive and well with equity partners. Employee moral suffers and everyone ends up doing more for less.

I could see a Saudi led partnership buying Tesla and investing in Lucid. They are invested in the Korean car companies too.

Maybe he's met his threshold of bullshit.
    He must have a low threshold. Shorts have been getting killed for 5 years in similar high short interest stocks (SIRI, AMD, etc.)
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

https://theweek.com/articles/790891/musk-meltdown

"It is beyond obvious that Musk has been so coddled for so long that he simply cannot conceive of the idea that the rules might apply to him — a characteristic he shares with most of his fellow billionaire CEOs. Perhaps throwing the book at him — as happened to Martha Stewart for a far, far smaller crime — might make an instructive example for the capitalist class."