Page 77 of 250 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6250
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Someone should warn Flint.
    FIFY

The Model 3 seems to be doing pretty well against the competition.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/08/10...y-a-landslide/

tesla-loses-model-3-order-rental-company-service-quality-issues/

Tesla has lost a major $5 million order of 85 Model 3 vehicles from a rental company over problems with service and quality of previously delivered cars.

Germany-based all-electric rental car company nextmove ordered 100 Tesla Model 3 vehicles to add their fleet last year.

After taking delivery of the first 15 cars earlier this year, the company experienced so many issues that they came back to Tesla wanting a guarantee of quality and service for the remaining 85 cars on the order, which was apparently worth around 5 million euros.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    tesla-loses-model-3-order-rental-company-service-quality-issues/

Tesla has lost a major $5 million order of 85 Model 3 vehicles from a rental company over problems with service and quality of previously delivered cars.

Germany-based all-electric rental car company nextmove ordered 100 Tesla Model 3 vehicles to add their fleet last year.

After taking delivery of the first 15 cars earlier this year, the company experienced so many issues that they came back to Tesla wanting a guarantee of quality and service for the remaining 85 cars on the order, which was apparently worth around 5 million euros.
    Clearly there is an emerging market for electric cars, not just Tesla but they're the ones pushing it, so why the fuck can't the biggies in Detroit get their shit together and start producing these things?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Clearly there is an emerging market for electric cars, not just Tesla but they're the ones pushing it, so why the fuck can't the biggies in Detroit get their shit together and start producing these things?
    Cause 'murica wants SUVs and making those monsters with any real range is a big issue. Then retooling all the factories.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just a quick search and Ford came in around 4 billion in profit and Chevy upwards of 8 billion. Maybe if they focused on a 10yr plan instead of next quarter, going electric might make sense. Or just buy Rivian or Tesla. The Chinese are going to be leaders in this market if we don't wake up.

Just a quick search and Ford came in around 4 billion in profit and Chevy upwards of 8 billion. Maybe if they focused on a 10yr plan instead of next quarter, going electric might make sense. Or just buy Rivian or Tesla. The Chinese are going to be leaders in this market if we don't wake up.
    Ford has a handful of that cash for Rivian.. who's supposed to be doing a bunch of design for them... I'll look for the article.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Ford has a handful of that cash for Rivian.. who's supposed to be doing a bunch of design for them... I'll look for the article.
    ETA...
    Here is a recent one

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...d-electric-suv
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    nice!

Jaguar electric car is offering $15k discount, then subtract the 7500 gov. credit and it's 22,500 off, selling for $47,995. CA gives another 2500 off. Colorado gives another $5k off. 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds, similar to a Model 3 dual motor. Only 234 miles range, but that's more than enough for daily driving.

I bet it still won't sell well in the US, but I can't really explain why. I think people need to test drive it, because once you drive a car that was instant torque/acceleration at almost any speed and when you feel how the blood rushes towards the back of your head when you floor it, you realize the potential of how fun a car like this is. Use the spouses SUV for road trips and hauling shit to the mountains, and you are covered.

Because nobody wants one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Likely something to do with profits and losses.
    short-sighted

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Because nobody wants one?
    Huh?

Huh?
    Damn, I can't get me one of those dang Tesla Eeelectric cars, so, I'll just buy this super big tricked out pickup truck instead.

If everyone wanted an electric car, how come they aren't at least driving hybrids?

narrative of environmental disruption by "startup" "genius" >> actual environmental disruption of transportation

This guy thinks Tesla is the biggest fraud operating today, and he should know.

https://www.worth.com/why-the-cfo-of...the-government

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post

When it comes to enterprise planning, unit economics > liberal catnip.
    Cute.

Even your hero's the Koch brothers look way beyond quarterly returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This guy thinks Tesla is the biggest fraud operating today, and he should know.

https://www.worth.com/why-the-cfo-of...the-government
    Interesting to hear him mention Overstock being busted for fraud, I don't know much about them except they are a Utah company that friends work for....the CEO released a fucking crazy presser last week though, and for awhile was coming out as a crypto company. Some weird, weird shit going on there:

Overstock.com CEO Comments on Deep State, Withholds Further Comment
    SALT LAKE CITY, Aug. 12, 2019 CEO Patrick M. Byrne has released the following statement:

“Sara Carter has published two articles relating the following claims of mine:

1) Starting in 2015 I (operating under the belief that I was helping legitimate law enforcement efforts) assisted in what are now known as the ‘Clinton Investigation’ and the ‘Russian Investigation’ (in fact, I am the notorious ‘missing Chapter 1’ of the Russian investigation). It was the third time in my life I helped the Men in Black: the first was when my friend Brian Williamswas murdered, and the second was when I helped the M.I.B. shake up Wall Street a decade ago. Unfortunately, this third time turned out to be less about law enforcement and more about political espionage conducted against Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (and to a lesser degree, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz).

2)In July 2018 I put the pieces together. I immediately (last July) came forward to a Congressman and a senior military officer, to the Department of Justice this April, and (upon my Omaha Rabbi reminding me of my duty as a citizen late this June) to a small set of journalists this summer. Ms. Carter was among them. Her two stories are accurate.
    Having confirmed Ms. Carter’s two articles, I have fulfilled those citizenship obligations of which my Rabbi reminded me. I will speak no more on the subject. Instead, having lived in places lacking Rule of Law and having witnessed the consequences of its absence, I plan on sitting back and watching the United States Department of Justicere-establish Rule of Law in our country.”

Crazeee Patrick!

if you don't believe in roof based money printers and the quality of tent built shitboxes you are a Koch worshiper

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    if you don't believe in roof based money printers and the quality of tent built shitboxes you are a Koch worshiper
    If you do believe, does that make you a Koch-knocker?

Taycan bout to spank the Model S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Taycan bout to spank the Model S.
    For double the cost.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You can hate on Tesla all you want, but it still proves to be an immensely popular make no matter the vehicle issues, insane CEO, or otherwise. After experiencing a handful of all three current models, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around spending that much money on any OTHER type of car since once you sit in a Tesla, most other cars seem almost... antiquated. Blows my mind that the Model S is now over SEVEN years old, still looks great, and is STILL ahead of most of the competition when it comes to tech and electric range.

Where's the proof of it's continued popularity? Just look up used ones on Autotrader. It's tough to find all but the earliest, high mileage examples for sale under 30 G's. Used Model 3's seem to go for more money than new. Plus they're EVERYWHERE. Been to CA a handful of times this year for work, where its overwhelming prevalence seems like it makes sense, but even in Texas they're becoming as common as cheap Chevy sedans. Every time I see a Model 3, I think, yeah, I want that to be my next new car. I think the Chevy Volt will be my stepping stone until I can afford a new 3 or a used S, but the lust factor is still high. That's saying something because so many people feel that way IN SPITE of all the known issues with the crazy company.

And no matter your thoughts on TSLA corp, or even the product, we all have to admit that it's pretty rad that they did what they set out to do at the beginning; Musk's goal all along was to make EV's not just accepted in modern society, but something to be DESIRED. He proved that EV's don't have to be lamer, more boring, slower versions of their ICE counterparts like everything that came before them. No matter what, you have to respect that one thing if nothing else. EV's are COOL now. That was a tall order only a decade ago.