Page 142 of 254 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6349
    I don't get the outrage over Twitter ranking and demoting political content. SCOTUS and Citizens United have spoken. Twitter is a "person" entitled to their constitutional rights, free speech. 'MURIKA!!! Is Truf Special held to a standard for not demoting or blocking progressive content? Didn't think so..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Good info
    Any comment about the effect of Apple’s allowing users to shut off tracking by apps?

I’ve read that like 85% of users shut off the tracking (I did), which in turn has reduced ad efficiency a lot.
    TIA
    Haven't noticed all that much of an impact from my vantage point, although there's so many moving pieces in this shit-show of an industry I'm sure it has hurt certain data firms or trading desks more than others. They always seem to find a workaround; it's like a cold war of escalating restrictions vs. technology. One such example is everyone getting all hot and bothered over cookies and basic cookie tracking but the threat of getting rid of them ultimately made things worse (or better depending on your POV). The user profiling is so far beyond that now as a result - every device you use to visit a web site has a pretty unique data footprint. Ever notice how you might look for a product on your computer and then suddenly you're seeing ads for it on your phone almost immediately? That wasn't a thing just a few years ago, or it wasn't nearly as advanced... and even being in this industry it kind of creeps me out sometimes.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

It’s so out of control. A couple years ago I had to talk to a client about why it probably wasn’t a great idea to send a text to your customers whenever they walked into a competitor’s store.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s so out of control. A couple years ago I had to talk to a client about why it probably wasn’t a great idea to send a text to your customers whenever they walked into a competitor’s store.
    Tim Horton’s?

You want privacy, get rid of all your devices and stay the fuck off the internet. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You want privacy, get rid of all your devices and stay the fuck off the internet. Simple
    I mean, yeah, but there’s no reason why inherently it needs to be like that. It’s just a lack of standards and regulations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E5D1EBC-DE74-43D9-94E0-511694AEC397.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	407.5 KB 
ID:	436308

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean, yeah, but there’s no reason why inherently it needs to be like that. It’s just a lack of standards and regulations.
    Well, let's not pretend this is new or really any different. Data from your credit card spending habits has been used widely for decades. There are some crazy stories back in the day about Target and Walmart going a bit too far with it. This one comes to mind: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...h=1cb3ce3e6668
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well, let's not pretend this is new or really any different. Data from your credit card spending habits has been used widely for decades. There are some crazy stories back in the day about Target and Walmart going a bit too far with it. This one comes to mind: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...h=1cb3ce3e6668
    Ha. Yeah. They walked so Tik Tok could run

if there was justice in this world going forward elam will be simply known as monkey killer and at all public appearances be pelted by pies

Ye is out.

Apparently free speech has limits on twitter that are tighter than the 1st amendment, so I guess Musk isn’t going to be the one to save America from the woke police.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Ye is out.

Apparently free speech has limits on twitter that are tighter than the 1st amendment, so I guess Musk isn’t going to be the one to save America from the woke police.
    I thought he was a ‘free speech absolutist’. WTF happened?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I thought he was a ‘free speech absolutist’. WTF happened?
    ye made fun of his muskiness

Ye crossed a line.
    I’m ok with the ban.

We should be able to debate whether it was six million or two million in the holocaust. It was too many.
    We should also be able to ask why so many Jews in Hollywood and biz and politics. Maybe they’re just better. But the question shouldn’t be off limits.

Anyway. He tweeted a Star of David with a swastika inside.
    That’s creepy af. And got him banned.

Dudes off his meds. Or needs meds.
    Crazy train.

Everyone has a line and there's effectively no such thing as free speech absolutists except among Nazi edgelords. So where a person draws their own line often essentially becomes a proxy for their own biasses.

Can we debate the negatives and positives of the NAMBLA movement?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ye crossed a line.
    I’m ok with the ban.

We should be able to debate whether it was six million or two million in the holocaust. It was too many.
    We should also be able to ask why so many Jews in Hollywood and biz and politics. Maybe they’re just better. But the question shouldn’t be off limits.

Crazy train.
    Watch his last few interviews as the hosts try to get him to use the right dog whistle code words and he refuses. He would still be on the platform if he just used the right memes and word to spread his antisemitism.

Ye crossed a line.
    I’m ok with the ban.

Crazy train.
    You just want a more palatable antisemitism, not that overt stuff ye is doing.

You don’t need to “ask questions” about that stuff because it’s all well studied and there are answers out there if you actually care. Otherwise you are just parroting ye-light hatred.

Reading more it’s weirder

The Raelian symbol comes from a UFO religion called Raelianism that was “founded in 1970s France by Claude Vorilhon, now known as Raël” and is regarded “as a symbol of infinity,” according to Wikipedia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ye-temp-banned-from-twitter-2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	436364

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C...ligious_symbol

do you have soup for brains?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Wait until you hear his ideas about how steel melts.

That Core Shot is a complicated individual.

And a cunt.

Quit quoting him, please, if you're not going to put him on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Yes. Soup is food. For the mind as well as the soul.

Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Why is the NFL and NBA mostly black?

Can you ask that question?

Why are the coaches mostly white?

Can you ask that question?

Apparently the answer is no. Shut up. Do what you’re told. Obey.