Page 83 of 250 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6247
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And a sudden desire for a 24/7 fast food diet, and liking rap music?

Violent crime and DNA damage? For fucks sake, who does these studies? What's the method? Who funds them?
    Clearly the answer is to eat the babies.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

And even if electricity to power EVs comes from fossil fuels, at least it's not burned in the middle of urban environments where cars guzzling petroleum produce many tons of ozone and particulate matter. Long term exposure to ground level ozone and particulate matter is akin to continuously smoking a pack of cigarettes a day over the course of a lifetime. The result is lung damage and increased risk of emphysema. Air pollution is also associated with, among other things, a higher risk of dementia, heart disease, DNA damage, and an increase in violent crime.
    See refineries adjacent to salt lake city and get back to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Isn't that an argument in favor of EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Bless your little heart.

https://kutv.com/sponsored/ucair/deb...-quality-myths
    "Myth: Refineries and other industrial sources are the biggest air polluters along the Wasatch Front.

Fact: Vehicle exhaust is by far the largest contributor to air pollution—roughly 48 percent. Refineries and large industrial facilities represent about 13 percent of total emissions along the Wasatch Front. Of that 13 percent, 3 percent comes from Utah refineries and about 10 percent from the remaining industrial source points."

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Clearly the answer is to eat the babies.
    A modest proposal, they are healthy and nourishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Jesse Burkhardt and his colleagues at Colorado State University and the University of Minnesota. Using crime data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and air-pollution data from the Environmental Protection Agency, the authors analyse the link between air pollution and violent crime in 397 American counties.

Perhaps a third of all deaths from strokes, lung cancer and respiratory diseases can be linked to toxic air. In some cities, breathing outdoors is as dangerous as smoking 25 cigarettes a day. But whereas the health problems associated with air pollution can take years to manifest themselves, new research highlights a much more immediate—and violent—risk.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...-violent-crime
    I get lung problems. I mean, duh. But, violent crime? For fucks sake. Do you know the difference between causation and correlation?

Fucking statisticians.

From the article: Correlation is not causation of course (there may, for example, be a third variable affecting both pollution and crime) and the authors are cautious not to speculate about the precise mechanism by which contaminated air might lead to more rapes or robberies.

This is not the first time researchers have identified a relationship between pollution and crime. In the 1970s America banned lead-based paint and began phasing out leaded petrol; two decades later, crime fell. Many researchers now argue that the two developments were linked.

Everytime I follow a 70s muscle car I pass it asap because of the unburned hydrocarbon fumes. Never even thought about it in the 70s and the lead in there as well.

can we please, please, seperate EVs and their merits from chonky the techbro clown? EVs will be much better off when fElon the cosplay engineer is in jail, or just using his vast wealth to investigate and smear people who insult him on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Everytime I follow a 70s muscle car I pass it asap because of the unburned hydrocarbon fumes. Never even thought about it in the 70s and the lead in there as well.
    Leaded fuel was so completely insane in retrospect, and wasn't fully banned for highway use in the US until 1996! It's still used in some aviation fuels.

But but... it works well to reduce engine knock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Leaded fuel was so completely insane in retrospect, and wasn't fully banned for highway use in the US until 1996! It's still used in some aviation fuels.
    not insane, a cynical means to make money. their were alternatives at the time (ethanol notably), but lead was patented and more profitable. ffs the inventor had to take time off for lead poisoning, the hazard was known, people just didn't GAF. the hazards of lead paint were known for far longer and it still took forever to change. profit rules all.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    But but... it works well to reduce engine knock!
    If it were compatible with catalytic converters we might still have that shit.

China plant stamping metal

300 million + profit this quarter...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Bless your little heart.

https://kutv.com/sponsored/ucair/deb...-quality-myths
    "Myth: Refineries and other industrial sources are the biggest air polluters along the Wasatch Front.

Fact: Vehicle exhaust is by far the largest contributor to air pollution—roughly 48 percent. Refineries and large industrial facilities represent about 13 percent of total emissions along the Wasatch Front. Of that 13 percent, 3 percent comes from Utah refineries and about 10 percent from the remaining industrial source points."
    Still, a heavily-populated high-desert basin prone to inversions is a pretty wack place for a refinery.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Still, a heavily-populated high-desert basin prone to inversions is a pretty wack place for a refinery.
    Half a dozen in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    China plant stamping metal
    4matic doing his dipshit pumps, like Elon through a goose - but with a twofer - deepthroating a valley fraud and pimping a dictatorship!

facts don't matter. Elon is Trump for metrosexual douchebags.

what a fucking growth story this stock is! maybe now they are a profitable car maker they'll get valued like one.....

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    4matic doing his dipshit pumps, like Elon through a goose - but with a twofer - deepthroating a valley fraud and pimping a dictatorship!
    Triggered. Scoreboard: $300 share. That was easy

and like with the Trumpalos, it's all about triggering the enemy, empty bullshitting, and gloating

the stock is dominated by dumbass retail losers like 4matic who believe online bullshit. I'll be the first to admit I don't really understand what dumbasses like him think of things and I don't really want to. all he's good for is watching a SV fuckwhit who thinks his market beta is alpha preen.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

It’s a zero sum game pal. Somebody wins. Somebody loses. Not sure how I come off as the bad guy when all “your” hyperbole has been just that. It’s spook syndrome. Wish failure on success and fame to move yourself up the ladder.

#Rollseyesandlaughs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.35.57 PM.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	477.7 KB 
ID:	303286
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

it's better after the windows broke.

maybe Elon shares his blow with 4matic? put out the $70k for the 3motor one and roll up to kirkwood with it bro.

Damn. An ugly mad max concept of a honda ridgeline or chevy avalanche, What's the point? At least the ranchero and el camino had some original style to go with function.